Has anyone gotten the gold logo plate on their Sabrina repaired?

My madison checkbook wallet has the same problem. The logo has lost almost all the gold. I have used it for about 6 months on and off, mostly on. I asked about it at Nordstrom's where I bought it and they would have replaced it, but they checked and there were no more in their system. They offered to send it in for repair, but I was unsure if it bothered me enough to go through the bother. Still not sure, but I wonder if they can't fix it or don't want to bother, if they will send me a credit and I can get another wallet?? Will have to check on that with the SA.

Last edited:
i've returned 2 madison pieces for extreme chipping/wear
one I exchanged
the new one from JAX was chipped/worn as well
it went back too
crazy

I bought 2 wallets from Nordstroms a while back by a charge send and both arrived like that. So disappointing. What was worse is when the SA was calling around to find the 2nd one for me she was specifically asking about the plate and was told it was perfect! The 2nd one arrived worse than the 1st!

my Amanda capacity wristlet also has a small chip, too! This stinks. I'm tempted to go to the Coach Boutique and ask them about it (I emailed their CS and they said the same exact stuff, mail it in or go to the store). But I don't know if I could handle the stress. I got the wristlet at the Outlet so I dont know if I still have the receipt.

My madison checkbook wallet has the same problem. The logo has lost almost all the gold.

Katierose, would you be able to post a pic of the logo now that the gold is mostly gone? I'm just wondering how bad it really looks. I think I'd be okay w/ it if it were all one color - either all gold or all chipped away- rather than a mixture of the 2.

Dang. It seems like maybe it's hit or miss, like the Carly fraying problem. Some do, some don't. I don't want it to get worse, so I haven't even been carrying my Sabrina for awhile. I guess I should think about this for awhile. What good is an HG bag you can't carry?

I just wanted to update you gal's, I checked my Julianne when I Apple'd her last night...the logo plate is perfection. It is however the silver logo plate and it seems there is more troubles with the gold. I've carried Julianne just as much as Sabrina and she still looks brand new, love the subtle sheen on the light grey leather!!!!

Hmm, this must be typical because I had the same problem with my Cherry Sabrina and I JUST took it into the Coach store a couple weeks ago. She gave me the option of trying to order a brand new one in Cherry (supposedly JAX had exactly two left) or just getting a brand new one in a different color. Well, I got five solid months of mileage out of the Cherry, so I opted to go for a new Walnut bag instead. I was extremely impressed that they just completely replaced it for me, no questions asked!

Well, I got some bad news on my Sabrina. I took her to the Boutique and the SA's there refused to help me. Claimed that it's "normal wear and tear" because her wallet does that too. Sigh. I went to UPS and decided to return the bag to JAX and see if they can do something about it. But I'm not keeping my hopes up. I have a feeling they're just gonna say the same thing and return the bag to me. Oh well.

razberi, I dont know how badly chipped your Sabrina was, but whatever it is, you're lucky. I didn't get that kind of service at my Boutique. I'm so upset.

Last edited:
Well, I got some bad news on my Sabrina. I took her to the Boutique and the SA's there refused to help me. Claimed that it's "normal wear and tear" because her wallet does that too. Sigh. I went to UPS and decided to return the bag to JAX and see if they can do something about it. But I'm not keeping my hopes up. I have a feeling they're just gonna say the same thing and return the bag to me. Oh well.

razberi, I dont know how badly chipped your Sabrina was, but whatever it is, you're lucky. I didn't get that kind of service at my Boutique. I'm so upset.

That stinks! I'm sorry you had crappy luck. I think its its terrible that they did absolutely nothing for you. As far as I'm concerned, its a flaw in the design, and Coach should be held accountable if it happens. Mine was only the bottom corner of the Coach lozenge, but it bothered the hell out of me. I can't imagine it being worse and being stuck with it that way.

I agree! It cannot possibly be normal wear and tear, it's ridiculous. I never once did bump into anything that caused the paint to chip off like that. If anything, I would only bump the sides of the bag, not directly in its face. And if it's normal, then why is so many girls are having this problem? I barely even wore her.

I cannot wait for that SA and her little wallet to completely chip off, then maybe she'll finally understand. I just hope JAX will either repair it for me or do some sort of replacement. One thing's for sure though, I'm NOT going to get anymore Coach bags with this plate on it. I'm done with the Madison collection. I won't be going back to that Boutique and their snotty SA's. I'm so angry. If I spend almost $400 on this bag, I expect the plate to be completely flawless. My LV Eva I got around June last year had been worn to death and the plate is still flawless. This is ridiculous.