Has anyone gotten the gold logo plate on their Sabrina repaired?

i<3handbags

Coach Obsessed ...
O.G.
Aug 22, 2007
I have an espresso in large, and I noticed a couple spots of the gold that looks almost chipped off. I have only carried it maybe 3 or 4 weeks total, since I switch bags regularly. I store them carefully, and don't bump into stuff a lot. Is it just one of those things you have to live with if you own a Sabrina?

OMG! Just reading this made me grab my Sabrina. :wtf: And aaaah! My plate is actually chipping off too! I'm devastated. :crybaby: I wore her for a few weeks since I got her (which is around May or June), and haven't worn her again until July 25th. I haven't bumped into anything either. I'm so sad!

img2165b.jpg

I don't think I have the patience to send her for repair though, I hope someone can help.

I would most likely repair mine myself if this happens. I'll have to check mine, as it hasn't been carried more then maybe 7-10 times either!!!

I'll get some gold paint and a VERY FINE brush if not even just use a toothpick, because we all know what COACH is gonna do. Here come's the credit letters OR "natural wear & tear." I can't imagine then risking damage to the bag to pull the logo plates off and replacing them.

I guess if I got FULL CREDIT I could throw some cash with it and get the leather one I've been craving. I better check Julainne too!!! UGH!!!

lovecoachmore >> oh may i know what kind of gold paint do u use? is there a specific type? or just get any from the paint-shop? :confused1: sorry, i'm super clueless..

oh i want to know this too..
the logo on my madison small wallet also not fully-golden anymore..
haha

I have a Madison cosmetic bag and the logo is fine, just my Sabrina. I'd rather this happened to the cosmetics bag. :crybaby:

I have no idea where to get a product to fix it myself. There is no way I can get another espresso Sabrina(not willing to do eBay), and it's my HG bag.

Hmm, this must be typical because I had the same problem with my Cherry Sabrina and I JUST took it into the Coach store a couple weeks ago. She gave me the option of trying to order a brand new one in Cherry (supposedly JAX had exactly two left) or just getting a brand new one in a different color. Well, I got five solid months of mileage out of the Cherry, so I opted to go for a new Walnut bag instead. I was extremely impressed that they just completely replaced it for me, no questions asked.

So the answer, I guess, is no, you don't necessarily have to "live with" it, but if they color is no longer available, you might have to make a hard decision.

I hadn't realized it was so common. Everyone I had ever asked at Macy's (five different employees) an SA at the outlet, and even the lady who replaced mine, had apprently not heard of it happening. I just hope it doesn't happen to my new bag, too!

I have had my large expresso for over a year(ran down to check it!) and it seems to be just fine..whew..
I think its great they are going to let you exchange after 5 months...that's awesome customer service;)

oh i want to know this too..
the logo on my madison small wallet also not fully-golden anymore..
haha

Bahhh! I got that wallet just recently too. I'm scared. :crybaby: I agree, if this could only happen to smaller accessories it's okay I guess. I mean, I don't want to be seen carrying the Sabrina around and the logo is all blackened! Aaah.

But it's good that they could replace it for you, though. That's great CS! I'm gonna go with lovecoachmore's suggestion and see if I could paint over it. :Push: Thanks for the advice gals.

Hi i:heart: handbags:

I also have a large expresso sabrina, she looks fine "at this moment".

would like to let you know that large expresso sabrina are still available for order. Like you said, expresso color is so yummy.

I just checked my Pale Pink Sabrina and low and behold, the logo is chipping... I may ask the Boutique about it, see what they say. I love this bag, so I don't know if I want to part with it (if the Boutique offers to send for repair or replace)... I may just deal with the chipping...

I JUST checked my steel sabrina and it looks fine as of now.
I have used her everday now since I got her 2 weeks ago.
Hope this doesn't happen to mine. this is now my favorite bag.
Will be adding the steel julianne next week, and the mini skinny, and wristlet all in steel.
then the steel wallets will be next and maybe the hobo.