Has anyone ever seen anything like this on a lining?

Off topic... I'm not sure what is up with Macy's. I went there today and was looking in the kids section. Someone had the nerve to return a coat that had been used. They had written their child's name on the neck of the coat in black permanent marker in large lettering. The sad thing is macy's accepted the return and put it back on the floor for sale. It wasn't a cheap coat either. It was one of the polo ralph lauren down coats and it was on sale for $93!

Back to the topic - it does look great on you, but that would really bother me. i wonder if someone spilled something in and was trying to cover up cutting it up and sewing it back together.

Off topic... I'm not sure what is up with Macy's. I went there today and was looking in the kids section. Someone had the nerve to return a coat that had been used. They had written their child's name on the neck of the coat in black permanent marker in large lettering. The sad thing is macy's accepted the return and put it back on the floor for sale. It wasn't a cheap coat either. It was one of the polo ralph lauren down coats and it was on sale for $93!

Back to the topic - it does look great on you, but that would really bother me. i wonder if someone spilled something in and was trying to cover up cutting it up and sewing it back together.

People are so wrong! I don't even like returning anything and would never even think of returning something that was used AND that I wrote in. :tdown: That's terrible. Honestly though, it should have been looked over by the SA before they took it back.

I went to Macy's today and picked up a bag that I tried on a few days ago. After a little enabling, I finally decided to rock a metallic bag! I was so excited! After further inspection (taking reveal pictures), I noticed something 'different' about the lining. This doesn't exactly look like Coach quality and honestly looks like someone did this to this bag. The thread doesn't even match and my dog can sew better than this! Sigh...please let me know if this is normal (last picture). I'll do reveal and mod shots then this lining issue last. Thanks guys!
Bronze/Silver Annabelle:

Just to show how much will fit in there:

This just doesn't look right to me:

I would race that bag back to the store!

Love the colour!

It's a gorgeous bag, but definitely the lining is not right. I would exchange for another one, not unless they make it worth your while to keep her.

the hell???

as much as I loved any bag, I couldn't deal w/ a lining like that unless I got SUCH a smokin' deal or something, but likely not even then. but, i'm weird like that.

the hell???

as much as I loved any bag, I couldn't deal w/ a lining like that unless I got SUCH a smokin' deal or something, but likely not even then. but, i'm weird like that.

I know right! It's really big too, not a small area. I'm thinking that if it's bothering me this much now, it's not going to t any better. It's just a shame because I love it.

Cute bag!!!
I would definitely call Macys and see if they can locate another bag for you! It looks like Coach's Quality Control slipped on that bag!!! I am thinking that it was sewn inside out and someone forget to turn it right side out when sewing it in the bag.
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Cute bag!!!
I would definitely call Macys and see if they can locate another bag for you! It looks like Coach's Quality Control slipped on that bag!!! I am thinking that it was sewn inside out and someone forget to turn it right side out when sewing it in the bag.
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I'm going to go back in tomorrow morning with it. I hope they can find one. If not, I think I'm going to just return it. I'm thinking that this was why it was the only one left.