Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Bag That Was a Fake?

As weird as this may sound, I think buying a fake LV bag on Ebay actually made me appreciate the real thing even more! I knew nothing about LV's, but when I opened the fake (Popincourt), I felt sick to my stomach! In short, I drove 2 1/2 hrs to nearest LV boutique. I was ashamed to show it to the SA, but knew I needed to do this to hopefully get my money back. She confirmed what I already knew to be true, so while I was there, I bought a REAL Trouville. I ADORED this bag! I think I better appreciate LV now and their quality. (And BTW, I got my $500 back and got the seller shut down!)
I agree, I'd go with the Speedy. Good luck and carry with pride!!!:smile:

My mother's friend gave me a fake chanel. I was so disgusted and my mom didn't know why. My mom just thought I was being ungrateful, but I told her where fakes were made and how they're horrible so now she agrees with me.

It just sits in the back of my closet.

Yes I have, my grandfather got me a fake speedy when I was 12 cause it looked like my grandmother's real bags. He told me that one day if I worked hard and saved my money, I could buy real ones. I still have it, I took very good care of it and it actually looks good for being 25 years old. I buy all authentic bags but did receive a perforated speedy as a gift which turned out to be a good replica but I gave that to my niece who puts her stuffed dogs in it and uses it as a dog carrier. Then I purchased a Graffiti Speedy that I could not tell and found out it was fake, I shredded and burned that one. None of those upset me as much as buying an authentic bag and having someone accuse me of it being fake. LOL

you can try dropping hints (over dinner or while shopping..) like how lv has excellent quality, how its such a good investment, one day if you really need cash you can sell it, and how one lv is better than tons of cheaper bags that you won't care for as much and would just give away if you're tired of it.. my aunt is seriously starting to consider getting one herself.. :graucho: you don't have to mention the bag he gave you, and that way maybe you'd be able to find out if he knew that the bag he gave you is real or not. if he's been scammed then you can warn him about it in the future, if he knew its a fake maybe he just doesn't get LV so you can convince him slowly.

I wish i had this this idea sooner :sad:
See my parents are divorced & my mom was very upset about the whole thing
& she's down where my dad lives & is giving it back to him & telling him to take it back
I think he paid 700 hundred for it but I'm not 100% sure though.
I just feel really bad still & I hope when I get my real one I can sit him down
& explain everything to him like all the stuff I know about LV
(i know so much my mom says i should work for them haha)