Has anyone ever gone and seen a psychic?

I have considered going to a psychic. I'm on the fence about whether or not to go, but after reading these stories and others, it's worth a shot, just to have the experience.

There is a town in Central Florida called Cassadaga, which a lot of psychics/mediums live in. I've driven through the town and it has an interesting "vibe" to it, like nothing else. Next time I'm in that area, I'm going to stop in for a reading. What do I have to lose? :nuts:

I really agree with this advice. I went to one once she made several guesses as to how my father died after saying that she "had" him with her!

Now myself & a friend had a few glasses of wine in the hotel before we went in to see her, she asked me "Who had taken to the drink?" :roflmfao: obviously smelling it across a table.

I honestly think these people are con merchants & give information according to the cues they pick up from you.

Roz, check out my post, dear. You know I am a no nonsense person, there is no way the woman I went to see could know what she knew about me :nuts:

Roz, check out my post, dear. You know I am a no nonsense person, there is no way the woman I went to see could know what she knew about me :nuts:

I read your post nataliam & I do know you are a no nonsense person.:yes: That definitely was weird that she told you so much that was true.
I have heard of psychics who are spot on, frankly they scare me! I would never go to one again, in case they would tell me something terrible! That time I went I'm sure it was the wine gave me courage, LOL!

I don't know how the ones that are accurate know what they know, it definitely intrigues me. I would love to go to one that would tell me a load of good things but you get the good with the bad so I stay away!

I know my aunt went to one & she was told a car crash would bring her world tumbling down, she thought it was herself but my dad was killed a few weeks later, scary stuff!

You & I have chatted on the Madeleine thread so how come if there are good ones out there, they have all been wrong about her whereabouts? KWIM? How come they cannot predict the lotto numbers for themselves, national disasters, warn people KWIM?

I read your post nataliam & I do know you are a no nonsense person.:yes: That definitely was weird that she told you so much that was true.
I have heard of psychics who are spot on, frankly they scare me! I would never go to one again, in case they would tell me something terrible! That time I went I'm sure it was the wine gave me courage, LOL!

I don't know how the ones that are accurate know what they know, it definitely intrigues me. I would love to go to one that would tell me a load of good things but you get the good with the bad so I stay away!

I know my aunt went to one & she was told a car crash would bring her world tumbling down, she thought it was herself but my dad was killed a few weeks later, scary stuff!

You & I have chatted on the Madeleine thread so how come if there are good ones out there, they have all been wrong about her whereabouts? KWIM? How come they cannot predict the lotto numbers for themselves, national disasters, warn people KWIM?

I dont know about those, but your aunt´s story gave me the chills !

My psychic also said that if I stayed at the university I was attending I would be doing my masters thesis pregnant...I was pregnant for a short while a few years after that visit and when I counted the years it would have been the year of my masters ( I didnt stay at that university though). I remember what she told me until today. She said " I may know a lot about your past ( and she did!!!) but nothing I will tell you about your future is definite. I can only point out to you possible paths of it, but it will be you ultimately who will choose which way to go". I liked it a lot, it sounded sincere.

I dont know about those, but your aunt´s story gave me the chills !

My psychic also said that if I stayed at the university I was attending I would be doing my masters thesis pregnant...I was pregnant for a short while a few years after that visit and when I counted the years it would have been the year of my masters ( I didnt stay at that university though). I remember what she told me until today. She said " I may know a lot about your past ( and she did!!!) but nothing I will tell you about your future is definite. I can only point out to you possible paths of it, but it will be you ultimately who will choose which way to go". I liked it a lot, it sounded sincere.

Yes we all have choices about our future so I suppose they cannot accurately forecast that!

Some say that psychics use evil for power & that man who told my aunt that certainly looked the part!

This is so interesting and freaky at the same time.....many years ago, when I was a teenager on a trip to Europe a Gypsy card reader in Spain told me I would marry a foreigner and would live a short life........well, I had never even dated a foreigner by then, but.....I did marry a foreigner and.......I have outlived what I consider a short life........:heart:h

This is so interesting and freaky at the same time.....many years ago, when I was a teenager on a trip to Europe a Gypsy card reader in Spain told me I would marry a foreigner and would live a short life........well, I had never even dated a foreigner by then, but.....I did marry a foreigner and.......I have outlived what I consider a short life........:heart:h

This is the sort of thing that I am afraid of, I don't believe in them but if they told me I would live a short life I would worry myself to death! Glad you proved her wrong & I wish you many more happy years!

The power of suggestion is so great, these people should not be allowed to tell people negative things!

If a psychic told me about these terrible things that were going to happen I wouldn't try to fight it. I think there's a danger in changing your behavior because of a psychic.

I used to when I was younger, even got into doing my own readings which were dead on. Used to do them for others too. Now I am dead set against it. Can go on about why but probably shouldn't. If you want more info why, you can PM me. and that goes for anyone.

Say it baby just say it.

I have considered going to a psychic. I'm on the fence about whether or not to go, but after reading these stories and others, it's worth a shot, just to have the experience.

There is a town in Central Florida called Cassadaga, which a lot of psychics/mediums live in. I've driven through the town and it has an interesting "vibe" to it, like nothing else. Next time I'm in that area, I'm going to stop in for a reading. What do I have to lose? :nuts:

Cristina, I've been to Cassadega- you're so right- it really does have a different vibe. I only did a mini reading and was kind of.. ehh. I want to back back at some point for a full reading- if you end up doing it I would love to hear about it.

Yes, I went to one last year and have gone back a second time to see her. She records the sessions which is great because there is so much covered it's hard to absorb it all in one sitting!

Honestly, she's the real deal. I didn't tell her boo about much of anything in my life or why I was coming to see her and she did some card readings and talked about things that give me chills today, it was so dead on.
Sorry, meant my previous message for purrsegirl...do you mind pm-ing me your psychic's name? Would really appreciate it!

I've been to two mediums.....First off let me say upon seeing/talking to them on the phone i mentioned NOTHING beforehand!

Medium 1: For years i was skeptical until about 2005. I went home to Cali on leave to visit family. My best friend always talked about her going to this one medium named Robin. So when i was home we decided to go see her at her house. Like I said i was soooo skeptical. When we got there she saw each of us separately in her "reading room". She also recorded the session so you could take it and listen to it later. At the time my DH was my DBF. She said I would be out in nature soon "finding" myself. That it would be life-changing!
That the person i am with at the time will come in and out of my life.
That on my time out in nature i will see alot of butterflies, this will be my spirit guides(grandparents) way of saying they are there with me. (Where i live there are not many butterflies because it is sooo hot and humid).
That summer my DBF and i broke up and to deal with it i started running ALOT(up to 15 miles a day) to deal with it. I didnt want to be the female who sat sulking eating crap to deal with a breakup, so i turned to working out. Well those runs were always out at this beautiful trail on base that is surrounded by LOTS of trees and i saw hundreds of butterflies.
Then right after my DBF and i brokeup the medium and i had a LONG phone consult. When we first got on the phone she advised me to write down everything she was gonna tell me so I could read it and process it later. I didnt tell her my DBF and i were broken up. I just told her i wanted insight.
So she went on to tell me that my DBF was confused, he had never felt like this with me. He is in a situation that he doesnt know how to get out of to get to me. That something will happen to spark us and things will get back to where they need to be. That someone will try and help. She said alot of other stuff...i have 5 pages of stuff. She was right on everything! During our breakup I ended up working right next to his shop. One of his coworkers and i were buddies, he would always talk to me about DBF. Little did i know, he was the helper. Anyway, a couple months later that helper mentioned to DBF i started seeing someone else and that pushed my DBF to realize he didnt want to really lose me. A week later we got back together. Come to find out his WHOLE shop was in on us getting back together. LOL(long story) Well when we got back together i showed him the notes and everything the medium said was true. He freaked cos he hadnt told anyone any of those feelings. Not even his best friend or brother.

Medium 2: I love going to health food stores. There is a really small one by where i live. In the bathroom there is a cork board with peoples business cards. I just so happened to see one for a medium. I took it and just put it in my wallet. Now mind you, i am always switching wallets. But for some reason her card was always in my wallet. I had it for a few yrs before i decided to call her. Fast forward to summer 2006 my DBF now is my DH, he has deployed to iraq now, i had just had a bad car accident in may, my car was totaled. I actually should have been killed. After the accident i was traumatized and wondering what my life purpose was. So i called medium 2 for a reading.
I saw her on a saturday at her apt. The first thing she said is your grandparents are here(@ the time my great grandfather and great grandma(nana) were dead). She said my grandma loved my sons nickname "something bear" (i call my son BOOBEAR at home). The whole time she kept saying my grandma was talking...which i believed cos she was the one who spoke for her and my grandpa.
Then the medium told me my grandfather says sorry for what he did, he was in too much pain(my grandfather committed suicide by hanging himself in '03). I was very mad at him. I was kinda freaked cos i didnt tell the medium any of that. So then she tells me my sister is sick and that i need to call her. (my sister ended up getting a colon infection and almost died). Then the medium said when i was little my grandma who was alive at that time was burned. Again spot on, when i was little we used to all go to my great grandmas house and have big dinners. A couple times my grandma caught on fire, she was ok though. I had always remembered that. but that day the medium said it i didnt remember. So after that reading i left and called my mom. I asked my mom about the fire and my grandma. My mom freaked out and said yes my grandma had caught on fire. The medium said my grandma wanted me to know to not worry that i will be preggo soon and that shortly after i will have another baby. I got preggo with son #2 with in 6 mos.

Then fast forward to last year I hadnt talked to medium 2 in a long time. I find out i am deploying and want some insight from my grandparents that i will be okay.
****something i did not tell the medium was that on my last deployment in 08-09 my grandmother that had been alive during our 06 mtg had gotten sick in nov08, the AF sent me home on emer leave to see her cos she had a few wks to live. So i went home and spent the 2 wks with her. then in feb 09 she passed away****
So at the beginning of this phone call we had in june, she starts off by saying Angie, your grandma says thank you for coming home to see her for two weeks to say goodbye and taking care of her(my aunt and i took care of her during the day since she was bedridden). it means alot to her.

So now i am deployed and the one person who actually writes to me is the MEDIUM! she sent me a letter a few weeks ago saying to not worry. I will be home soon(i leave in a few wks and never told her when i was leaving) and preggo shortly after i get home. So we will see on that!

Anyway thats my story! I am sooo not skeptical anymore.

I almost forgot: ive always had a sixth sense. A voice in my head telling me something isnt right or whatever, or gut feelings. The only person i had told was my best friend she had always sensed it. So at the mtg with medium #2 one of the things she said was...your grandma says not to be scared for the nudges/feelings you get. they are my(grandmas) way of giving you a message that something isnt right. Dont be scared just listen!!! I tell you what, 99 percent i listen and thankfully so. But the 1 percent time i dont something always happens.

I was reading the ghost thread and decided to search out this thread to see what new stories people had since I last checked up on it. :P

anglarry04- It sounds like you definitely found mediums that were accurate! I think sometimes they stick out to us for a reason, like you finding the card and keeping it in your wallet for so long. The lady that I went to see (from my post on the page prior to this a few years ago) was a psychic fair that I went to with a friend and I just felt drawn to her for some particular reason. I had other psychics come up to me that offered to do readings for me, but I just felt like I needed to go put my name on HER waiting list. And I'm glad that I went with my instinct on that one.

Fast forward a few years... I never did follow up with that particular psychic, although I've thought about it from time to time.

I did contact a baby psychic over the Internet when I was pregnant with DD (and before I had found out that she was a girl - it was about 2 months prior to us having the gender ultrasound)... I had a "baby reading" done, just for fun. I just sent her a picture of me (just my face), she knew that I was currently pregnant (and too early to know gender), my email, and my first name. That is the only information she had. She didn't ask me any questions. What I ordered was a reading on how many children I was going to have - and she also gave a bit of detail on their traits, gave a gender (which I was itching to know what DD was at the time that I got it), and even specific information about your children like what hobbies they would be into, what they would look like & ages they would get married, have children themselves, etc.

It turns out that she said that our first child would be GIRL, and DD did in fact turn out to be a girl. The personality & trait information that she's given so far is fairly accurate, as far as I can tell with a 1 year old. :lol: One of the things that she mentioned about DD is that she would have an efficient metabolism and never have a problem with her weight. That trait has already started happening with DD, she's tall & lean for her age (95% for height, 50% percentile for weight), based on the baby percentiles.

The thing that blew me away just recently though... is that I stowed that email away and had forgotten about it. Then we found out that I'm pregnant again! (Surprise!) I dug out the email to check out the information on it before we went in for our ultrasound to get a due date... she said I was going to have BOY in NOVEMBER for our second child, and also gave trait information for him as well, etc.

I about fell off the ultrasound table when the u/s tech announced that I was due in NOVEMBER!! I truly thought I was further along at that point (the only reason I even took a pregnancy test was because I thought I had felt movement -which I still don't know what that was... because it was distinct), and my mind instantly flipped to that email! Now if this turns out to be a boy... (we find out at our gender ultrasound in June) she will be 3 for 3...

I just think it's really interesting.

I saw the same psychic twice. She is a "psychic therapist." A PhD and psychic who both predicts and gives advice. I was very skeptical but was going through a rough time after 9/11 and a friend suggested I go. I recorded the sessions and many things were spot on- I would love to listen now (10 years later) and see how many. The biggest prediction she made was that a man I knew in my past would come back into my life in the next 2 months and he was my soul mate and would be the one I married. I had no idea who she could possibly be talking about-I thought about every guy I'd ever met!

A month or two later, I reconnected with a group of old friends, who I had not seen in 4-5 years. One of then was a guy who was married and had been as long as I had known him. I never considered him, obviously. Four years later, he divorced and we ended up living in the same city halfway across the country. We spent time together because neither of us knew many people in town. One thing lead to another and last year we were married.