Hardware On Classic Flaps

GOld as my mom and aunt who's purchased gold in the past believes it's lasted them this long. I want to say 20 something years now. They started buying bags in the 1980's. My mom purchased a silver hardware flap a couple of years ago, I want to say in 2001/2002 (might be wrong) and some of the silver has worn off. She had to take it back to the store to refurbish the chains and they cost her $200 each.

i have 2 black classic flaps, one wiht silver and one with gold hardware...and i must say, for this winter (2006) i feel that i use the black with gold hardware MORE often, bc gold is back in. it goes easier with the coats, shoes...etc..and i dont wear jewlery, so im just referring to clothes.

but, with that said, i really like the silver too bc its younger looking, and less formal.

u probably can carry the silver alot in the spring/summer time too!...decisions decisons...hehehe..

i think no matter which one you choose, it will be a great choice!!!

go with whichever you think will go with most of your outfits and personal style.
speaking of the two-tone,there's one on ebay right now:
eBay: AUTH BROWN CHANEL CLASSIC QUILTED LAMBSKIN FLAP HANDBAG (item 200042904184 end time Nov-06-06 19:00:00 PST)
The chain is in gold, but the CCs are two tone. Kind of an interesting look.

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.:idea:

Chiaoapple - That is an interesting looking bag. I have never seen a bag like that IRL. Do you think it is a real one? I can't tell for sure. :s

I think it depends in the colour of the bag - I cannot imagine a beige or cream with silver hardware or purple or grey with gold, for example. However with colous like black or red it can be a bit tricky and depend on your preference/style as they look great with either.

With a black bag gold hardware looks more classic and traditional while silver is more modern/contemporary. Is there onen that you are immediately and instinctively drawn to?

I think it depends in the colour of the bag - I cannot imagine a beige or cream with silver hardware or purple or grey with gold, for example. However with colous like black or red it can be a bit tricky and depend on your preference/style as they look great with either.

With a black bag gold hardware looks more classic and traditional while silver is more modern/contemporary. Is there onen that you are immediately and instinctively drawn to?

Loony - You're exactly right. I have only seen this bag with the silver hardware, but it's available in gold as well. I just don't know. Sometimes, a choice is not a good thing. I will run it through my mind a million times before I decide. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.:upsidedown: