Handbag with strap that goes across the body - ideas please!

Thank you for all the ideas!

The size and shape I was initially after was something like a bag in the Longchamp line called "Across Body" and came in what is called Vintage leather. It looks like a messenger bag with with a flap that went over the top and had 2 straps that were magnetic on the front. The size was perfect. logos minimal although I wasn't real pleased about the silver buckles. I liked it also because the leather is very light and there wasn't a zipper across the top. (I'm having difficulty getting on their site right now, but it is www.longchamp.com and if you go to the US online site, you can find them on the pulldown undervintage leather.) Anyway, I was sent a bag and lo and behold, there was a scratch on it. The rep called around and all the stores have the floor sample only and most had some sort of wear. I believe the black bag I was sent was an older model because the top stitching was black as well as a black lining which I REALLY liked versus the new rendition which has white top stitching and a white interior. So now, here I am searching again.

Of all the bag suggestions, the Mulberry line looks to have the subtle sensibilities that I am after. Is there a reputable place to order these from? Is there a store where these can be viewed in person? I'm feeling ambivalent about placing more mail orders as to be quite honest, I've been sent some real stinkers! I just don't feel like spending $600 dollars and accepting a scratches on it.

Thank you for all the ideas!

The size and shape I was initially after was something like a bag in the Longchamp line called "Across Body" and came in what is called Vintage leather. It looks like a messenger bag with with a flap that went over the top and had 2 straps that were magnetic on the front. The size was perfect. logos minimal although I wasn't real pleased about the silver buckles. I liked it also because the leather is very light and there wasn't a zipper across the top. (I'm having difficulty getting on their site right now, but it is www.longchamp.com and if you go to the US online site, you can find them on the pulldown undervintage leather.) Anyway, I was sent a bag and lo and behold, there was a scratch on it. The rep called around and all the stores have the floor sample only and most had some sort of wear. I believe the black bag I was sent was an older model because the top stitching was black as well as a black lining which I REALLY liked versus the new rendition which has white top stitching and a white interior. So now, here I am searching again.

Of all the bag suggestions, the Mulberry line looks to have the subtle sensibilities that I am after. Is there a reputable place to order these from? Is there a store where these can be viewed in person? I'm feeling ambivalent about placing more mail orders as to be quite honest, I've been sent some real stinkers! I just don't feel like spending $600 dollars and accepting a scratches on it.

If you order from Mulberry.com their customer service is pretty good if there are any problems. I have a Mulberry Antony bag ( the small one- not the messenger) and love it! The only thing to be wary of is the 'natural leather' is quite heavy so if you go for one of the larger bags might be a bit hefty! If you can I'd suggest trying to take a look at them IRL.

I wear my Coach Patricia's Legacy bag cross body like a messenger bag. I've only seen other women use them as shoulder bags, but it looks a lot more modern as a crossbody IMO. I get lots of compliments on it from people of all ages. It's held up beautifully too!

images

Linea Pelle has great cross body bags.

I agree; Linea Pelle has great cross-body messenger bags!
This Dylan Double pocket messenger bag that Vanessa Manillo and Rihanna both have. It is on sale for $232 on their site www.lpcollection.com:
ShowImage.aspx

(They also have a single pocket version of the above.)

And I have the Dylan Bowler which has two handles and a long cross-body detachable strap (I am so in love with this bag!!!):
ShowImage.aspx

If you have never seen or felt the leather on an LP bag, it is amazingly thick and smooshy! These are great toss-around bags, because they are already "worn-in". I love these bags!
Good luck!

I agree with Cooper1, LP is awesome!! I have the Dylan Double Pocket Messenger in pumpkin and the leather is SCRUMPTIOUS!! Thick and so soft. It is a vibrant orange and at first sight is really large but once it is filled it slouches nicely and is perfect for a long day of shopping. Lp is really fab and I have 5 lp bags and I love them all.

I agree; Linea Pelle has great cross-body messenger bags!
This Dylan Double pocket messenger bag that Vanessa Manillo and Rihanna both have. It is on sale for $232 on their site www.lpcollection.com:
ShowImage.aspx

(They also have a single pocket version of the above.)

And I have the Dylan Bowler which has two handles and a long cross-body detachable strap (I am so in love with this bag!!!):
ShowImage.aspx

If you have never seen or felt the leather on an LP bag, it is amazingly thick and smooshy! These are great toss-around bags, because they are already "worn-in". I love these bags!
Good luck!

I agree. They have great leather. It's so :love: to touch. Love the speedy

I just bought from Tumi the Voyager lugano in black. It's nylon and leather and very light weight. They have a two year warranty and they are very well made. It has everything I need in it and it's very cute.

Happy Hello to our friends at the Purse Forum from LP Collection!

Just wanted to let you know that most of the bags in our last few collections come with a very long cross body adjustable strap! This is incredibly convenient. Our Piper, Angie, Gretchen and Fall Dylan handbags can all be worn as cross-body bags!

We hope you all had a beautiful holiday and that you are enjoying the new year.

Thanks for making us feel good about what we do. Here's 10% off your next purchase with this coupon code: PURSE10 valid only during January 2008 on new purchases at LPCollection.com

HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE! :yahoo:

Best,
Linea Pelle Collection Online
www.LPCollection.com
800-770-0027