Hand-Painted or Not -- Be Clear Please!!

I don't understand what you mean? They are all skilled an trained artisans. :smile:

There must be a reason why some Saint Louis totes are more durable than others? I've been reading this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/goyard/is-goyard-st-louis-worth-the-money-851511.html and the answers are really contradictory. Like 50% of those who have it are not satisfied with its quality while the other 50% love the bag.

So I was thinking maybe it has something to do with who made the tote. Like some artisans make more durable STL totes.

Nevermind, I suppose they have a quality control or something. I'm just really curious :confused1:
I understand what you mean. They should for sure improve the quality of the Saint Louis tote.
I have to say that I find other Goyard products very well made, stitching, detailing an symmetry is impeccable.

I'm assured that Goyard has quality control, but it may be less precise on the Saint Louis totes, since it's their least expensive bag.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing these photos. These only confirm what Petra (SA fr Paris) was saying about having everything done by artisans.
Your welcome! Those are actually the only Goyard workshop pics I've ever found online. They really keep their manufacturing processes secret...

Petra is so sweet! When I purchased my first Goyard bag she assisted me. Later that day she saw me and my friend walking down the street and she noticed us. We talked for about half an hour and she was genuinely interested. She is my favorite Goyard SA without a doubt. :smile:

I understand what you mean. They should for sure improve the quality of the Saint Louis tote.
I have to say that I find other Goyard products very well made, stitching, detailing an symmetry is impeccable.

I'm assured that Goyard has quality control, but it may be less precise on the Saint Louis totes, since it's their least expensive bag.

Least expensive or not, the prices are so high and so is their reputation... No matter the price the quality control should be the same

Least expensive or not, the prices are so high and so is their reputation... No matter the price the quality control should be the same
My first and only bag is a St Louis, and it started falling apart in less than six months. I likely won't spend another dime on Goyard.

The only nice thing I can say about my experience was that they agreed to sew on the leather corners on my bag and replace the handles if I paid the international shipping to send it back to them. I see that now they charge their customers $350 for new corners.

I had a problem with a LV bag around the same time, but in the end LV apologized and gave me a $1600 credit which I used towards my Lumineuse PM in black leather ($2900 + Chicago sales tax).

For the money, I'd rather buy a canvas bag at LV or Faure le Page (which is even more exclusive than Goyard). I bought a FLP pochette on the same trip as my Goyard and it's still perfect.

My first and only bag is a St Louis, and it started falling apart in less than six months. I likely won't spend another dime on Goyard.

The only nice thing I can say about my experience was that they agreed to sew on the leather corners on my bag and replace the handles if I paid the international shipping to send it back to them. I see that now they charge their customers $350 for new corners.

I had a problem with a LV bag around the same time, but in the end LV apologized and gave me a $1600 credit which I used towards my Lumineuse PM in black leather ($2900 + Chicago sales tax).

For the money, I'd rather buy a canvas bag at LV or Faure le Page (which is even more exclusive than Goyard). I bought a FLP pochette on the same trip as my Goyard and it's still perfect.
What are the leather corners? Are they an additional option and not really seen on standard St. Louis's?

What are the leather corners? Are they an additional option and not really seen on standard St. Louis's?
Yes. Within six months, my St Louis PM started having holes form in the corners (in addition to the straps cracking and some rub off of paint). Goyard didn't originally want to fix the defects and told me to drop off the bag in Paris or London to assess repairs for a fee.

I was persistent and they agreed to repair my bag if I paid for shipping back to Paris. When I received my bag (3+ months later, I honestly forgot I owned it at that point), my straps were replaced and they added leather corners to my bag.

I read in another thread that the corners are now available for $350 and there's currently a two month wait because they are so popular.

The downside of the leather corners is that your bag no longer is reversible (linen exterior, coated lining and leather trim), which is a look I like since I tend to wear a lot of minimalist neutrals.

I wish they would just add leather piping inside/out to reinforce the corners and make sure that the handles issues were fixed once and for all. I specifically asked about the handle issue, and I was told that they stood behind their product and would correct the issue if needed. I had issues only a few months later and Goyard's representatives were really dismissive about repairing a relatively new bag.

I was recently reminded about my bag and got all angry about the experience all over again. :lol:

Does anyone know if Goyard still offers special order trunks? And also, how much does a Goyard hard-sided trunk run these days?
They do. The luggage boutique is across the street from the handbag and small leather goods boutique in Paris.

I'd imagine that their trunk prices will be in the same ballpark range as Louis Vuitton's.