Hand-Painted or Not -- Be Clear Please!!

Yes. Within six months, my St Louis PM started having holes form in the corners (in addition to the straps cracking and some rub off of paint). Goyard didn't originally want to fix the defects and told me to drop off the bag in Paris or London to assess repairs for a fee.

I was persistent and they agreed to repair my bag if I paid for shipping back to Paris. When I received my bag (3+ months later, I honestly forgot I owned it at that point), my straps were replaced and they added leather corners to my bag.

I read in another thread that the corners are now available for $350 and there's currently a two month wait because they are so popular.

The downside of the leather corners is that your bag no longer is reversible (linen exterior, coated lining and leather trim), which is a look I like since I tend to wear a lot of minimalist neutrals.

I wish they would just add leather piping inside/out to reinforce the corners and make sure that the handles issues were fixed once and for all. I specifically asked about the handle issue, and I was told that they stood behind their product and would correct the issue if needed. I had issues only a few months later and Goyard's representatives were really dismissive about repairing a relatively new bag.

I was recently reminded about my bag and got all angry about the experience all over again. :lol:
Sorry to hear your bad experiences with Goyard. They actually launched a new style similar to the St Louis. But with reinforcement and leather corners, it's called the Artois. I guess a Goyard finally listened to all the people having the corner problem. Now it's time to add them permanently to the Saint Louis as well, without raising the price! ;)

Yes. Within six months, my St Louis PM started having holes form in the corners (in addition to the straps cracking and some rub off of paint). Goyard didn't originally want to fix the defects and told me to drop off the bag in Paris or London to assess repairs for a fee.

I was persistent and they agreed to repair my bag if I paid for shipping back to Paris. When I received my bag (3+ months later, I honestly forgot I owned it at that point), my straps were replaced and they added leather corners to my bag.

I read in another thread that the corners are now available for $350 and there's currently a two month wait because they are so popular.

The downside of the leather corners is that your bag no longer is reversible (linen exterior, coated lining and leather trim), which is a look I like since I tend to wear a lot of minimalist neutrals.

I wish they would just add leather piping inside/out to reinforce the corners and make sure that the handles issues were fixed once and for all. I specifically asked about the handle issue, and I was told that they stood behind their product and would correct the issue if needed. I had issues only a few months later and Goyard's representatives were really dismissive about repairing a relatively new bag.

I was recently reminded about my bag and got all angry about the experience all over again. :lol:

May I ask where and how did you contact Goyard? I recently purchased one but I really don't know much of who to contact if needed since I am new to Goyard. I am usually a chanel girl sorry but I felt in love with the St. Louis GM, I bought mine at Bergdorf and Goodman. I apologize in advance for reminding you again about the whole incident with your bag. Also, if you do not mind, could you post a picture of your new renewed bag with the corners leather you were talking about? Thank you so much for your help!

PS: if you would prefer to pm me the info for Goyard, you are more than welcome to do so. Ty😊

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your bad experiences with Goyard. They actually launched a new style similar to the St Louis. But with reinforcement and leather corners, it's called the Artois. I guess a Goyard finally listened to all the people having the corner problem. Now it's time to add them permanently to the Saint Louis as well, without raising the price! ;)

Hi MrVuitton, do you mind posting a picture of the Artois? Ty😊

Ps: MrVuitton may I ask if you know what would be the procedure I should take in case of any issues with the straps and corners of my new (2 month old) St. Louis GM? I bought it at Bergdorf and Goodman. Ty for the help!

Last edited:
Hi MrVuitton, do you mind posting a picture of the Artois? Ty😊

Ps: MrVuitton may I ask if you know what would be the procedure I should take in case of any issues with the straps and corners of my new (2 month old) St. Louis GM? I bought it at Bergdorf and Goodman. Ty for the help!
If the handles show cracking, just take it back to B&G. =)

May I ask where and how did you contact Goyard? I recently purchased one but I really don't know much of who to contact if needed since I am new to Goyard. I am usually a chanel girl sorry but I felt in love with the St. Louis GM, I bought mine at Bergdorf and Goodman. I apologize in advance for reminding you again about the whole incident with your bag. Also, if you do not mind, could you post a picture of your new renewed bag with the corners leather you were talking about? Thank you so much for your help!

PS: if you would prefer to pm me the info for Goyard, you are more than welcome to do so. Ty😊
I purchased my Goyard from the St. Honore boutique in person and then they shipped my bag (I had it personalized) to the United States. I contacted the boutique info that was on my receipt, but after getting a dismissive "drop it off the next time you're in Paris and we'll repair for a fee" message, I emailed their corporate office.

ETA: Removed image because it was sideways, and forgot to watermark to prevent fakers from stealing the image.

Last edited:
I love the reinforced corners! How much did u pay?
Thank you for making me feel better about the leather corners. I feel really self-conscious with the bag now because it looks different, but maybe I should just get over it. After all, it's a waste of money just sitting in my closet too.

I didn't have to pay for the leather corners at the time (I guess I was really flying on my broomstick), but I read on another post that Goyard now charges approx. $350 for them.

Thank you for making me feel better about the leather corners. I feel really self-conscious with the bag now because it looks different, but maybe I should just get over it. After all, it's a waste of money just sitting in my closet too.

I didn't have to pay for the leather corners at the time (I guess I was really flying on my broomstick), but I read on another post that Goyard now charges approx. $350 for them.
I think the bag looks nicer with them... Without them, something about the bag just seems so plain to me...