Had to get that saddle bag! ILD natural and black

Wow 91 out of 100! Awesome! I jumped on the small florentine wallets...37 with MERRY code. Will make great gifts
Funny, I was just coming her to tell you about the small wallets! Last I saw there were 4 or 5 colors.

Thank you both lavenderj&Purpleflower! So glad I got swept up in the excitement about your bags. I just got lucky it seems :smile: This Saddle bag experience definitely is Dooney at it's best.

Pale blue, salmon, slate, and elephant
Got the slate small Flo zip around wallet! :smile:
I already have the salmon and pale blue. Pale blue is pretty.... very aqua in color.
Salmon, looks very neon. Neither pale blue or salmon have the 'feel' of Florentine leather.
I think they used different processes to dye the color.

Once I buy a wallet, then I 'need' to coordinate my other SLGs.
I already have grey SLGs, so hopefully I'm safe! Ha!
I've wanted to see what the slate color Flo leather looks like
A wallet is a good try me.

Speaking about SLGs.... I wish Dooney would make more of the
traditional pebbled leather cosmetic case.... in the rainbow of pebble leather
colors. It's the perfect size.
The smaller saffiano cosmetic case they introduced is ok. But I like the
size and the leather on the pebbled leather better. Neither are available now.

Wristlets don't do it for me. I end up with several in my handbag as they
are too narrow to hold much. And all those extra items add so much extra
weight to the bag. Florentine wristlets are among the heaviest.
Between my keys and my SLGs, my handbags get really heavy, before I
add my 'stuff'.

Reactions: Lunalark
I likely will be returning my full size zip round florentine wallet that I just purchased in slate. I'd rather keep the smaller one....purchased another small wallet in saffiano on back order. Likely will cancel that...I don't like saffiano but the price drew me in....saffiano is too hard for me..no yield

That salmon does look very neon.....I worry about color transfer there....I only have one elephant colored florentine. So that small elephant wallet is a welcome addition. We shall enjoy our slates!

I would love to see what the Slate looks like. Enjoy your new wallet (s)!

I was hoping you would bring up the Pale Blue leather. This color and my Steel Blue Russell and kisslock have the same texture and zero leather smell. Pretty but I did pause at first wondering. Both have softened up and I see small parts that look more "florentine" character now I wonder if the dye and type of leather used was to prevent fading? Like how the blues used to fade or turn with patina? My pale blue is still spotless with minimal effort so that's a nice feature!

I likely will be returning my full size zip round florentine wallet that I just purchased in slate. I'd rather keep the smaller one....purchased another small wallet in saffiano on back order. Likely will cancel that...I don't like saffiano but the price drew me in....saffiano is too hard for me..no yield
I enjoy the small wallets too. I rarely change out of My black credit card one. So easy and light. I will say Saffiano has come in handy for me during the pandemic. The only thing I have in Saffiano is a very small Lexi Caribbean blue. So easy to wipe down with no worries. I take it on walks... just my keys, lip balm, phone.

I like the feel of good leathers.... like Alto, Florentine, Dillen, and some others.
I don't like the feel of coated leathers, like Saffiano or patent.
That said, I do own a few Saffiano handbags. They take color beautifully, so the
look is very pleasing. And as part of a handbag wardrobe, they are very useful in
bad weather or during a pandemic when you want to wipe down your bag every time
you come back home. Also, since Saffiano is really a thin leather, the handbags tend
to be lighter.... that can serve a purpose too. But I don't get any sensory pleasure
touching a Saffiano handbag.
I also like some of the embossed leathers, like ostrich and croco. No, they don't have
the feel of a good leather, but I love the look. OK, I'm a bit fickle when it comes to
handbags. :smile:

As for the coloring on the salmon and pale blue Florentine wallets, to me if feels like
the color was painted, no drum dyed like the regular Flo colors. Or maybe in order to
get those colors, different things (tints) were used in the drum dye process and they
don't soak into the leather the same way. Or maybe the dyeing process is totally different
and uses different chemicals. BTW, I have a salmon Flo twist strap hobo from years ago...
it's a soft, supple, thick Florentine leather that looks and feels just like navy, black, chestnut.
And my older salmon is a soft coral color... no neon.

U did get the black too awesome!. Ok don't hate my enabling ;) i had to take these to show you if you are considering (in the basement for lighting purposes) but here is my Natural Domed....it stays on my shoulders well. I am 5'3" Valerie bertinelli look alike best I can describe and it isn't too heavy for me. To me, it's one of my lightest carries. At first I babied it, but now not so much, and it's held up well. One repellant spray ever and I condition as needed. This bag is 4 years old now..I would love another eventually, for now Natural has my heart.

Dark spots are patina, not as dark in person...scratches still rub out easy on this bag.
View attachment 4926393

View attachment 4926394
Shame on me ordered it in navy and NATURAL of course

Reactions: Lunalark