Had a bad day with my VP's

I have an idea, sell you burgandy tip black patent VPs to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember that you beat me to the punch on those and I got left with BG's nasty rejects! Hahaha.

I have the tortoise very prives and they were MURDER on my feet the first two times...they have aged really well though....they have stretched a bit in the toe box and that makes the difference.

My two cents: take them to a cobbler you trust..have the toe box stretched...add 'foot petal' heel strips..they are fabulous...this should work:flowers:

Lastly....if all else fails, I don't want to be the one to say it however the most fabulous of shoes..if they do not fit...turn out to be fabulous mistakes...sell them...and reinvest in another pair of CL's that feel PERFECT! Trust me... I had to sell my Bling Blings after an exhaustive search for my size as it turned out..they weren't my 'size':sad:

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the VP's, gemruby. I had a similar problem with mine which is why i bought them in a size smaller and in suede (they're supposed to stretch a little) Good luck with finding a solution!

Really sorry to hear that hope the new liners did the trick, I have the kid leather "red" tip version and really love mine, hope you will be able to enjoy yours now.

I *think* the suede are renowned for it, I'm selling my first pair I got on and getting a smaller size, they are big on me to start with, dont want to have them any bigger! lol

Hope you get it sorted soon gemruby! (or sell them to me!)

Well I have good news and bad news. The dr scholls moleskin padding did not pan out. I went to Walgreens this morning, purchased it, cut it, and put it on. As I was walking to take my son to his class, my shoes kept coming off. It was so funny because I was kind of limping and squeezing my toes so the shoes wouldn't come off. :lol: The moleskin was even worse for me than what I had on yesterday.

The good news is that after all that sticking and unsticking of heel liners my VP's are not coming off anymore. Since the back of the shoes are now sticky, my feet stays in place without liners. I will put up with the stickiness, if it means I can wear them. The only thing is that whenever I walked the shoes were rubbing on the skin of my big toe. This is where the moleskin came in handy. I just put a strip across my toe, and voila everything is A OK.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Glad it worked out for you. I have never spent more time in the dr. scholl's aisle at Target as I do now. I am always looking for something new to try with my shoes. I am beginning to realize I could probably go a half size bigger than what I have been currently doing and just adding liners/insoles/heelgrips for added comfort.

Well I have good news and bad news. The dr scholls moleskin padding did not pan out. I went to Walgreens this morning, purchased it, cut it, and put it on. As I was walking to take my son to his class, my shoes kept coming off. It was so funny because I was kind of limping and squeezing my toes so the shoes wouldn't come off. :lol: The moleskin was even worse for me than what I had on yesterday.

The good news is that after all that sticking and unsticking of heel liners my VP's are not coming off anymore. Since the back of the shoes are now sticky, my feet stays in place without liners. I will put up with the stickiness, if it means I can wear them. The only thing is that whenever I walked the shoes were rubbing on the skin of my big toe. This is where the moleskin came in handy. I just put a strip across my toe, and voila everything is A OK.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I think we can all relate to the limping!!

I tried the Walgreens too. They feel like little breast implants don't they?
lollll

I have an idea, sell you burgandy tip black patent VPs to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember that you beat me to the punch on those and I got left with BG's nasty rejects! Hahaha.
I still have a tear in my eye from those pics!
I didn't realize that the VP patent stretches. Is that common among other CLs too? Maybe I should start a thread about CLs that stretch...
You should! My Decolletes & Veee stretched.
I think we can all relate to the limping!!
Yup!!
When I first got my Decolletes I had to walk 10!, yes 10! blocks in NYC when it was around 25 degrees out because im anal and like to park in certain places. Let me tell you, I was pretty much crawling by the time I walked into the cafe. I couldnt feel anything from the waist down. lol
It was a lesson to never walk that far in them again!
I'm sorry that the Moleskin didn't work as a heel liner, but I'm glad it did save your toe! ;)
I need to try this!