H with traditional cultural wear

I was staying at a hotel where an Indian wedding was taking place and the clothing was stunning.
When I was staying at a hotel in India, my (then) 5-year-old daughter made a scavenger hunt outside and inside the banquet halls after the wedding events, searching for fallen rhinestones and embellishments. She got quite the treasure stash!

From few years ago.
Gorgeous!
The Chinese New Year holiday is nearing its end with this Saturday’s full moon…

View attachment 5953135
…a cheongsam picked up from one of the Hong Kong night markets some years back.​
I love your cheongsam, and with pink pico - you look so nice. A wee bit different than some of your very creative more
“neutrals” posts. All your choices and lovely H suit you :flowers:
Love this thread! My contribution…

View attachment 5953141
You knocked me flat with how gorgeous you are - a true vision in pink 💖
Just beautiful

Show us how you wear your H pieces with traditional | cultural wear. I’ll start..
Absolutely stunning. Every element harmonises; this is a study in design through a single photograph. beautiful!

I love the concept of this thread; I might be brave enough to post a photo I have in hanbok (face obscured) with an H bag, but the colors don’t quite match (I was in a hurry and borrowed my aunt’s bag for an event. The hanbok was tailored in the muted colors that were in fashion a few years back; I have fond memories of this particular hanbok as the embroideries were an homage to my grandma’s favorite motifs)

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning. Every element harmonises; this is a study in design through a single photograph. beautiful!

I love the concept of this thread; I might be brave enough to post a photo I have in hanbok (face obscured) with an H bag, but the colors don’t quite match (I was in a hurry and borrowed my aunt’s bag for an event. The hanbok was tailored in the muted colors that were in fashion a few years back; I have fond memories of this particular hanbok as the embroideries were an homage to my grandma’s favorite motifs)
Thank you!
Please please please post a pic for us.

Reactions: DME
Not sure if this entirely counts, but Hermes made this bag in 2008 (Year of India). They had a few other commemorative bags, like the Ganges Kelly and Birkin with toile, but this one has traditional Gujarati Rabari embroidery that makes my heart sing. I still keep an eye out on the second-hand market for this bag, but I know it's a long shot. I've thought of modifying one of my bags to achieve a similar effect but I'm not yet so brave!

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 7.40.50 PM.png