H & m

I love their scarves, they are cheap and great for someone shopping on a budget.
Yes, I agree! They have some very cute and affordable scarves. I have bought two from there over the past couple months and surprisingly, they have kept me pretty warm! Clothing on the other hand, doesn't really appeal to me. And I hate their sizing. I can never figure it out since they run really, really small. Every time I try something on, I'm a different size. I'm typically a size 0, but in their clothing I'm usually a 4 or a 6 :confused1:

what I do not like about H&M is the quality which again is okay for the given prices..... but another thing is this recognizebility..... lol .... it's like IKEA.... people know at once where it is from.... I don't like that.... but I love shopping accessoires at h&m .... and sometimes some pieces, but more the normal clothes.... nothing bright and colorful because of this sentences "That's h&m, right? I have the same thing...!" ... >_<

i like it for buying cheap shirts for work and stuff (i have to dress pretty conservative for work but normally i like to buy trendier shirts and stuff for everyday wear). i dont think the quality is amazing, but you get what you pay for, so i dont complain too much :smile:

It can be hit or miss for the style and hit or miss for the quality. Their accessories are a good cheap thrill. As for clothes, I don't think they are a great bargain, though, for the lower quality they tend to offer.

We didn't have an H&M until just a few months ago.. i always heard just great things.. then they opened one then two more..and honestly.. i was quite dissapointed. Like everyone mentioned.. you get what you pay for. The only thing i bought there was some long sleeve tees.. a pair of pants to wear at home (which shrunk and am not able to wear anymore).. so yea... i would say that unless i'm getting pants and work attire that i will not be going back.

I was just at our local H&M store last Friday and found the fashions to be very nice at good prices. I usually shop at NM, Saks and like Jil Sander simple designs. I am wondering what you think of H&M in terms of quality and age appropriateness. I am middle age and felt kind of funny shopping there since I saw a lot of mothers helping their daughters choose items.
I know not all the clothing is probably "right" for me so I need to scout it out. Please tell me what your experiences have been shopping there.

They have clothing for every age. Personally I like H&M but the designs haven't sparked my interest lately. The quality is okay (you get what you pay for, right?). It's hit or miss.

overall, H&M styles are a bit basic but I have found great pieces there. I bought a Burberry look-alike coat there last year and nearly got mauled by Burberry boutique SAs trying to figure out where I got my coat :smile: Sometimes H&M has great pieces, you just have to have an eye for it. As for the quality, I had more issues with Neiman's upscale merchandise. I've never had a quality issue with H&M. I am very selective in what I buy though.

i think the key to H&M is knowing which pieces to splurge on and what to save on. I usually turn to H&M for some really trendy pieces that I know aren't going to live through a season. Couple of my favorite pieces I got recently are some high waisted skirts - lace overlay to knock off the Prada trend, tartan plaid that's Fall D&G etc. I tend to spend more on my basics because I know I'm paying for the fabric and longevity.

I like H&M, they offer trendy clothing for a small price...I usually wear my clothing for 1-2 seasons so the quality has never been an issue for me...
I buy lots of dresses , tops there...But never jeans, trousers or coats...these pieces, I prefer buying quality.

I've always been a die-hard H&M lover-although now that it's so readily available to me I don't seem to find much!

The quality IS really hit and miss, however I haven't had problems with anything I've gotten from there. I love their dress pants because the length is perfect for me (I'm 5ft10) and the quality seems good. Even my mom commented that the finishing on the waistband and the fact that they iron the seams open-that's usually not seen on "cheap" clothes. I like shopping their for trendy stuff you know won't be in style long enough to really splurge on-but I find people are always surprised to know I got something that looks so stylish for so cheap.

My only problem is that their stuff seems to fit quite large-sometimes I need to get a 2 and it's so hard to even find that size.