H & m

I really like h&m for vests, shirts, dresses, jackets, underwear etc. but NOT trousers or skirts, the sizes are mad crazy! I also find with trend stuff if I wear it to a club there'll be at least one other person wearing the same thing.

I was just at our local H&M store last Friday and found the fashions to be very nice at good prices. I usually shop at NM, Saks and like Jil Sander simple designs. I am wondering what you think of H&M in terms of quality and age appropriateness. I am middle age and felt kind of funny shopping there since I saw a lot of mothers helping their daughters choose items.
I know not all the clothing is probably "right" for me so I need to scout it out. Please tell me what your experiences have been shopping there.

Last edited:
they have a more dressy section as well as a young casual section soo i think anybody can shop there. trends are pretty good but the quality isn't that great...

I think anyone can shop there, depending upon your style. I've been in H&M a few times and didn't find anything I liked (I'm in my late 30s and tend to lean toward more classic styles). The quality wasn't the greatest but at those prices, you can wear it for a season and then get rid of it.

Quality on some things is really bad, and ruined right away, also sewing was bad and design (didn't fit properly, or one sleeve was more puffy than the other..etc) and a lot of items were ruined in the store, missing buttons as well. Other things last me ages, like this skirt I'm wearing and have been on a daily basis at home for the last year!!
Jersey fabrics aren't too good, they look wonderful but they pill quickly and are useless.

I think H&M is really hit or miss quality-wise... not to mention that at least the stores here are an utter mess within an hour after opening. I will browse if I'm in the right mood but in general, I just find it to be too chaotic.

^^ITA, I think H&M is a hit or miss for quality clothing. But overall, I think it's great for all ages and if you have the time, search around and you'll find something. I love digging in the racks and finding lots of great deals. I especially love their scarves! They're big enough to be worn as either scarves or shawls, come in beautiful colors, and are under $10 each! :nuts:

I don't like it. :shrugs:I went to the Southcenter one a few weeks ago and was expecting it to be like Zara (hit/miss but still nice quality overall) and I was pretty disappointed with their stuff.

I don't like it. :shrugs:I went to the Southcenter one a few weeks ago and was expecting it to be like Zara (hit/miss but still nice quality overall) and I was pretty disappointed with their stuff.

Have you checked out the downtown store? I had more luck there. I found absolutely nothing at the Southcenter store.

Like everyone else, I find it hit and miss in terms of quality and fit. I found some cute pieces there this weekend, but I'm not expecting them to last a long time. They have a lot of "disposable" clothing, but you get what you pay for. H&M is good for trendy stuff, but I'd look for classic pieces elsewhere.