Guitar straps replacing purse straps?

What do you think about the "guitar strap" trend?

• Love it

• Hate it

• If they made better ones that matched my bag, maybe

• I don't love it, I don't hate it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like most of these. On Kate Spade and LV you can buy change up straps. I got the KS leopard, am happy with it. The KS site has 5 choices, come with tassels too, LV has bright colors. I'd like to find one that is a bit western and busy, studs, gems, grommets etc. Any ideas of where?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/467351334/custom-guitar-strap-for-your-handbag?ref=shop_home_active_6

Laurel can make you a custom one with all kinds of studs grommets etc. I have this on but she can make what you want.

I just got through reading/watching several DIY sites and videos about making these - seems pretty easy and straightforward! There are a number of secondhand/thrift stores by me I'll be checking out tomorrow. I'm liking this idea more and more as a crafting thing rather than a 'be in fashion' thing. Great Christmas ideas, too, if the ladies in your life have the right bag (meaning, one that can have detachable shoulder straps).

I got the best deal yet. I was at TJ Maxx and noticed a bunch of bags that had the big wide studded and decorated straps. I found a fake leather bag that was really well done, looked like real leather for sure. The bag was 20$. It is wide, with studs and grommets, it looks as good as my 120$ kate spade strap. . I bought it, and have so far used the strap on a Prada, my LV black neo cabby, an old coach, and a burberry . I am going back for a brown or red. Also R. Minkoff website has many now too.

Reactions: chessmont
IMG_0049.JPG Help! Does anyone recognize the bags in this picture? They are both rectangular, with colorful guitar straps, rigid shape, with external stitching in the same color. I am so curious! TIA

Can anyone tell me if the Valentino Camu Butterfly embroidered guitar bag strap comes with an authenticity card? Is there any way to authenticate it? Thanks so much.