Guitar straps replacing purse straps?

What do you think about the "guitar strap" trend?

• Love it

• Hate it

• If they made better ones that matched my bag, maybe

• I don't love it, I don't hate it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have wanted a guitar strap for quite a while, and was delighted to see them more readily available this season. I tried the Rebecca Minkoff version, but was disappointed in the one-sided print, the texture of the design (super stiff and rough), and the lack of adjustability. All of these were deal breakers. I purchased the Valentino strap in a throw-caution-to-the-wind moment during a visit to the Saks flagship store in NYC. All the way home, I was thinking about the ridiculous price point, and that I should return it. Then, I saw it on my MZ Wallace Belle bag. That was it. I was sold. Belle came with a thin crossbody strap that just wasn't proportionate (comfort-wise) to the bag's carrying capacity. The Valentino strap matched the interior fabric and exterior hardware perfectly. The strap is comfy, gorgeous on both sides, and beautifully made. Doea this justify the price point? No way. It does, however, make me happy every time I use it. I love the look, feel, and the way it just works with my bag. Do I think it should be available for at least half the cost? Heck yeah! Will this make me return it? Sadly, no- I'm in love! :smile:

Attachments

• 20161010_102112.jpg
    20161010_102112.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 686
I like most of these. On Kate Spade and LV you can buy change up straps. I got the KS leopard, am happy with it. The KS site has 5 choices, come with tassels too, LV has bright colors. I'd like to find one that is a bit western and busy, studs, gems, grommets etc. Any ideas of where?

hello ladies! i am all for the wide strap trend. i don't necessarily like the fabric camera strap look, but i do think the leather ones can be quite pretty. i also think the prices for them can be too high...i've seriously been considering DIYing a leather guitar strap into a handbag strap. a cosmopolitan article recommends using carabiners, but that doesn't look nice to me. i found a super cool strap ring actually meant for handbags that should do the job, and i wanted to share in case any other bag lovers were looking to DIY a bag strap too :smile: http://www.brighton.com/product/bag...n-your-bag-brighton-your-bag-strap-rings.html

Reactions: Shelby33
I like most of these. On Kate Spade and LV you can buy change up straps. I got the KS leopard, am happy with it. The KS site has 5 choices, come with tassels too, LV has bright colors. I'd like to find one that is a bit western and busy, studs, gems, grommets etc. Any ideas of where?

Rebecca Minkoff has some nice studded and grommet ones right now.

Reactions: remainsilly