Guess what is insid the package?

This is grotesque! I agree with ms-whitney, partial refund, not the full amount. It won´t be the same bag when you relist it.

I had this happen with an LV Cabas Alto shipped from the US to Sweden. It was rolled up inside a plastic bag just like yours. Luckily it didn´t get too damaged.

Hi Hotshot!!!, haven't been at the ebay forum for a while^ Me too. I always try to be very careful, and lately I got a complain that I did not pack a bag in the right way and I had it in box bigger than the bag, the bag has all the paper to keep the shape in place, on top of the bag was the dust bag and on top of that a thick plastic bag and even put bubble wrapers around the plastic bag, and I triple tape every corner of the box. And the buyer told me, it's not damage but it was not pack properly. LOL, sometimes u can not please people.

But the case of the OP is completely different, can't believe her buyer sent it back like that.

It sounds like the package was packed professionally and carefully.

out of curiousity, what exactly was wrong with the way it was packed?

It sounds like the package was packed professionally and carefully.

out of curiousity, what exactly was wrong with the way it was packed?

She said that the box had wrinkles and that my packing was bad because of that. And that's the reason why I sent it to her with plastics bag, buble wrappers and extra thick tape because boxes do get damage sometimes and the bag had more than necessary filing, so it would not get deformed.
But that's normal because usually in the post office they put boxes on top of others. I told her if she was not satisfied with my packing, she could return it for a full refund and she never answered me back.

And since the packing was 15. 5 dolars and I charged 16 (a pretty good estimate, I thought) she wanted her 1/2 dollar back, I sent her 5 bucks back, so I wouldn't have to heard back from her again.

She said that the box had wrinkles and that my packing was bad because of that. And that's the reason why I sent it to her with plastics bag, buble wrappers and extra thick tape because boxes do get damage sometimes and the bag had more than necessary filing, so it would not get deformed.
But that's normal because usually in the post office they put boxes on top of others. I told her if she was not satisfied with my packing, she could return it for a full refund and she never answered me back.

And since the packing was 15. 5 dolars and I charged 16 (a pretty good estimate, I thought) she wanted her 1/2 dollar back, I sent her 5 bucks back, so I wouldn't have to heard back from her again.

Well you certainly were far more professional than your buyer, what a tool.
I hope you blocked that one.

Back to the OP. I agree with what everyone has said. Keep a damage fee, don't refund shipping and block that buyer. Give her a piece or your mind as well. So sorry this happened to you.

But the packing supplies must have costed you more than fifty cents! Nerves of some buyers are unbelievable.

I would have been so happy to receive your package. I won 4 boxes of girl scout cookies last week for a bit under $6. The shipping was $8.75 and it was noted "USPS priority" in the listing.

I really should have taken a pic of the package I got. I got a very loosely and poorly wrapped brown paper package. It was ripped in corners and a bit wet too because it has been raining all week. I know rain isn't the seller's concern but I then discovered what she used was actually a grocery bag cut down to the size. I mean she just put the cookies into a brown paper bag given at supermarket and taped over the top!

I then noticed the postage was something like $2.50 and how? She sent it via media mail, not priority mail!! If sent via priority, she could've probably used one of the free boxes and sent still sent it for the price she quoted. But I guess she wasn't happy with the winning bid and made up the difference by sending it like so, pretending the boxes of cookies are books or videos.

When I was upset seeing how those cheap cookies were wrapped, imagine how OP must felt looking at her B bag folded and stuffed like that!

Well you certainly were far more professional than your buyer, what a tool.
I hope you blocked that one.

Back to the OP. I agree with what everyone has said. Keep a damage fee, don't refund shipping and block that buyer. Give her a piece or your mind as well. So sorry this happened to you.

How nasty of that buyer to treat the bag li[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ke that. Please do not refund shipping, and please DO ta[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ke a damaged fee.[/FONT]

horrible. why would someone repay your kindness in the transaction like that.
i have bought things from stores and when i had to send it back, i didn't get the shipping back, and this is what she should have expected, but you were kind enough to refund the shipping, but now that she has damaged it, just do as many others have said on here- don't refund shipping, and take a 10 or 15% damage fee, so she learns not to do this to anyone again, and because you probably will take a hit on the price you can sell it. Good luck!

is that a purolator bag? she sent it like that from Canada?
that is just insane.
definetly take a restocking fee out of it, as well no refund on the shipping.
That is exactly what she said it was. Is that the name of plastic? I have never heard of it before because NO ONE has ever returned an item to me in such manner (I have sold hundreds and have only had 3 returns). And yes, it is from Canada.

Before I got the package back, I even thought, hey, maybe i should give her a discount coupon for the hassle. and so she would be a return customer. i take care of my loyal buyers!

And what I didn't even mention, is that she paid $20 for the shipping. Out of my own pocket, I upgraded the shipping to Express. When she demanded her full refund and I hesitated, she said she didn't request for an EMS. I said, I am not going to charge her the EMS, just the original shipping fee i charged her for. :pout:

ugh. i wouldn't give her back anything. what color exactly did she not think it was? it's multicolored? the way she sent that back to you is just gross. if you're going to refund her (which i don't think you should) i would def not refnd shipping and would keep some money because she did not send it back to you in the same saleable condition you sent it to her.

^ What a terrible experience for you !

Have you decided on what your next course of action is ?

Hit me on the head! I really don't know what to do. I tend to bend over backwards for my buyers. Sometimes, it is easier for me to give in just to get it over and done with. I don't want to deal with the stress. Like what Sobe2009 said, so I don't hear from them again.
But everyone here gives me the same advice - don't refund the shipping cost.
I am still emailing back and forth with her right now.

I feel so bad for you. What an awful experience. I agree I wouldn't give her a full refund. I would decide what I thought I could sell it for now and only give her that amount minus shipping. Since it was a sale off Ebay she can't hurt your feedback or file a SNAD. I can't believe anyone would ship such a expensive, beautiful bag back like that. I would definitely block her. I would love to personally block her and I'm sure I'm not alone :smile: