Gucci Vintage Information Thread

bolsathemosta

Oct 10, 2019
I'm thinking about bidding on this vintage Gucci, but I want to know more about it. It's a charity donation bag with a COA and guaranteed authentic so it can be returned.
It's so unique and so far not too expensive.
Anyone know the name or what time period its from?

Attachments

Dec 7, 2008
Hello all, this is a Boston probably dated 2009. I have always been curious why is there a hook in one side and not the other? Wouldn’t it make sense to have a hook on each side so one can purchase a strap?

Another question:
Has anyone seen or own an older Gucci tote with the red and green stripe down the middle? A proper tote that would fit probably a slim laptop. I can’t describe it more but, it’s what got me hooked on gucci many years ago when I would always see this particular girl carrying it.

Attachments

Reactions: ConsciFashion

ConsciFashion

Apr 14, 2020
www.consciousfashion.in
Hello all, this is a Boston probably dated 2009. I have always been curious why is there a hook in one side and not the other? Wouldn’t it make sense to have a hook on each side so one can purchase a strap?

Another question:
Has anyone seen or own an older Gucci tote with the red and green stripe down the middle? A proper tote that would fit probably a slim laptop. I can’t describe it more but, it’s what got me hooked on gucci many years ago when I would always see this particular girl carrying it.
That's funny. I've got a similar Boston and it has hooks on both sides. In fact it's got a strap too which you can attach or remove. The structure is a bit different though (pls see the pics)

Attachments

Reactions: BooYah

BooYah

da original bAgamist
O.G.
May 5, 2006
That's funny. I've got a similar Boston and it has hooks on both sides. In fact it's got a strap too which you can attach or remove. The structure is a bit different though (pls see the pics)
omg, is this a Dark Pink/brown GG monogram Boston??? I have the SAME bag!

BooYah

da original bAgamist
O.G.
May 5, 2006
OMG!!!!!! Bag twinning is like the best kind of twinning that's out there. I feel so happy seeing yours. They look like really identical. Amazing how well these hold up right? Not a scratch.
I was recently contemplating on selling it, but now that I see yours, I’ll probably reconsider :biggrin:
Yayyyyy Gucci Twins!!!!:heart:

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven

Another question:
Spot on for the date!

It's not a mistake. The ring is a D-ring and on the med and large is not for a strap but to pull the zip straight while zipping (and occasionally dangle a charm from)