Gucci Vintage Information Thread

Trying to get picky with my vintage collection and I had to snag this grey ostrich messenger . Sadly something other than water dripped down the front, but otherwise it repels water (which is helpful where I live ) and is in pretty good condition. I’m assuming from the 80s based on the hardware. Papertiger, correct me if I’m wrong ❤️.

:yes: :tup:

Reactions: amstevens714
gucci mini cosmetic pouch.JPG Has anyone noticed how vintage Gucci has soared in popularity and price? I'm sure it's all because of the new that is based on the old. This mini pouch is going for $350 on Tradesy. That is insane. A year ago it would be at the most $80. I guess I have a small fortune in my closet then. Cool.

Reactions: papertiger
View attachment 4066150 Has anyone noticed how vintage Gucci has soared in popularity and price? I'm sure it's all because of the new that is based on the old. This mini pouch is going for $350 on Tradesy. That is insane. A year ago it would be at the most $80. I guess I have a small fortune in my closet then. Cool.

:yes: I noticed.

It's not a bad thing, I think pre-loved Gucci has been undervalued for years.

Reactions: onlyk
Hi Gucci lovers,
I have a Web Navy Supreme Monogram Leather Blue Canvas Cross Body Bag that has lost the zipper head and pull. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? The zipper itself is in perfect condition. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 20180621_225244.jpg
    20180621_225244.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 20180621_225142.jpg
    20180621_225142.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 282
I know this is an extremely old thread but I’m trying to get more info on five vintage Gucci bags I have recently acquired. Is this the place to do that?

Vintage names

Most vintage bags do not have names only model numbers

Some vintage bags do have names such as:

The Jackie or Bouvier, named after Jackie Bouvier/Kennedy/Onassis

The Bardot named after the French actress Brigitte Bardot

The Britt named after the Swedish actress Britt Ekland

There was also a Gucci Kelly style named after Grace Kelly (even though the Kelly is more associated with Hermes) which meant a box shape with single top handle and a staple for Gucci and could be made to order.

Grace Kelly also inspired the original Flora pattern and it was made especially for her in the 1966. 40 years later the print inspired the 2006 S/S collection.

All of the ladies who inspired these bags were regular customers of Gucci long before the bags were made.
I know

Ok everyone- I was given these five bags and I’m just looking to get more info on them as I really know nothing about luxury handbags. Can anyone give me the names of these bags, as well as age and estimated value? I can post more detailed pics if needed. Thanks!
View attachment 4128359View attachment 4128360View attachment 4128361View attachment 4128362View attachment 4128364

These are if they're authentic

1. Tote
2. Jackie with adaptable shoulder strap
3. Summer tote
4. Suede web-stripe shoulder bag
5. def one to be looked at on the ATG thread

Reactions: St.johnandmore