Gucci Ophidia GG top handle

lightwithin18

Mar 9, 2018
Hi ALL,

I'm very new to Gucci and I really like the new Ophidia GG top handle bag in the small. Does anyone here own it? Could you share how Gucci Ophidia bags wear over time? My main concern is the leather with regards to peeling and/or scratching, as well as canvas wear/tear. I'd like to know your experiences with regards to how these hold up over time. Thanks so much in advance, everyone!

Hi ALL,

I'm very new to Gucci and I really like the new Ophidia GG top handle bag in the small. Does anyone here own it? Could you share how Gucci Ophidia bags wear over time? My main concern is the leather with regards to peeling and/or scratching, as well as canvas wear/tear. I'd like to know your experiences with regards to how these hold up over time. Thanks so much in advance, everyone!

Hi! I believe I have the one you are referring to in the small and I LOVE it!! I have 2 other Ophidia bags and a few SLGs and they still look brand new. I am careful with my bags so this helps but overall their quality is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_8878.jpeg
    IMG_8878.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8880.jpeg
    IMG_8880.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8879.jpeg
    IMG_8879.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: lightwithin18
Hi! I believe I have the one you are referring to in the small and I LOVE it!! I have 2 other Ophidia bags and a few SLGs and they still look brand new. I am careful with my bags so this helps but overall their quality is amazing.
Yes, that's the exact bag I'm considering! So glad to know that you're loving it and it's holding up well! It's so pretty and I love that the zippers go down the sides for ease of use.

Hi ALL,

I just bought this recently too but I imagine it will wear well. I have a mini ophedia bag for 2 yrs and it still looks brand new. Buy it u won’t regret it

I just bought this recently too but I imagine it will wear well. I have a mini ophedia bag for 2 yrs and it still looks brand new. Buy it u won’t regret it
That's awesome to know that after 2 years the bag looks brand new. I appreciate items that wear well with no issue. What colorway do you have? So many pretty choices and I love that Gucci monogram is not overpowering.

I'm really considering this bag, but just bought a preloved LV speedyb25 in Azur for a fabulous price. If I order this Gucci bag and find that it's not for me, is Gucci good about giving refunds? Also, do you feel that this particular bag will retain its value..or most of its value?

Gucci typically does not retain its value. The small costs $1890 and you'll be lucky to get $1k for it when you try to resale. Just check out the resale sites to see what current offerings go for. You can definitely return within the window. I've returned before with no issue. I ended up repurchasing the bag after I returned it because I had regrets about returning. Please share pics when you receive it! I plan to stop by a store to check it out in person before pulling the trigger.

Reactions: lightwithin18
Gucci typically does not retain its value. The small costs $1890 and you'll be lucky to get $1k for it when you try to resale. Just check out the resale sites to see what current offerings go for. You can definitely return within the window. I've returned before with no issue. I ended up repurchasing the bag after I returned it because I had regrets about returning. Please share pics when you receive it! I plan to stop by a store to check it out in person before pulling the trigger.
Thank you so much for this info! I'll definitely share pics when it comes in. Good point on the value. I don't have a store near me, so I'll be interested to see the bag in person. I'm sure it's beautiful and I look forward to seeing the canvas. I will say, I do like the Gucci monogram print....it's definitely a lot more understated than other brands.

Reactions: bags22
I just went to the store yesterday and saw this bag in person. It’s really nice. I am still on the fence though. I was also interested in the Small navy and beige for similar reasons; I have a lot of various brown/beige purses. The print is really nice. I haven’t purchased a new bag in YEARS and this is the first bag to peak my interest as bags have gone up sooo much in the last few years. I don’t wear my bags “hard” and this would just go into a rotation nicely. I would probably wear this bag with jeans or joggers. It’s super casual. In terms of value, I don’t trade bags. So the value is only to me. I did try the medium and it looks great too- even crossbody. So I’m on the fence as to which one to buy. I’m short but the both look great on (at least to me). Has anyone bought the medium. Thoughts?