Gucci Ophidia GG top handle

i went to purchase the navy bag today. Unfortunately, I ultimately decided against it. The problem I had after closely inspecting the bag is with the hardware finishes; they are not consistent. The zipper pull was shiny while the rest of the silver had that tarnished silver look. It’s the details that were a problem for me. If this were an all leather bag, I would probably be more forgiving, but it’s the coated canvas and I felt the finishes should at least be perfect. The sales associate also noted that the webbing would show wear as would the navy leather trim in the corners. I did expect those other issues with regular wear and tear. I hear Gucci has a price increase coming up, so if you want this bag, get it now. I just didn’t love it.

I'm really considering this bag, but just bought a preloved LV speedyb25 in Azur for a fabulous price. If I order this Gucci bag and find that it's not for me, is Gucci good about giving refunds? Also, do you feel that this particular bag will retain its value..or most of its value?
I love this bag too but have several small LV speedys and feel like I’m kinda duplicating..? Looking forward to my 1st Gucci!

Reactions: lightwithin18
I love this bag too but have several small LV speedys and feel like I’m kinda duplicating..? Looking forward to my 1st Gucci!
Honestly, I felt the same. I have several Speedy 25's and 30's. I ultimately ended up sending the bag back as I felt it was too much duplication for what I already have in my collection. The bag is beautiful and I loved the blue colorway, but I couldn't justify spending the money for a similar bag that's already in my current collection.

Reactions: LVFloridagirl
I’ve been a Gucci customer for a number of years now and absolutely would have vouched for their quality until this month! I love my Dionysus and Marmont and particularly my bengal tote until it broke this month! I take extremely good care of all my bags and rarely use the tote but while on holiday this month the shoulder strap literally snapped in half while I was using it. Not overloaded or anything. It looks to be poor quality and thin leather. The paper thin leather is also cracked on one handle but not the other adding to the impression that this batch of leather may have been poor. I’ve never had a strap break on any brand bag, even ones I’ve worn to death. Even more unfortunate is that Gucci is completely unwilling to help. I brought it back to the Gucci shop I bought it at and they only offered to sell me a new strap. I’m still in the process of following up on this with the company and hoping they will come through. Otherwise this will likely be the end of my relationship with the brand.

Attachments

• IMG_5979.jpeg
    IMG_5979.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5983.png
    IMG_5983.png
    836.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6026.jpeg
    IMG_6026.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 4