Which should I sell?

• Marmont mini flap

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Dionysus mini

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Apr 18, 2017
Hi all,

Somehow I've managed to acquire 3 Gucci purses in the past few months (which was not the best idea for my student budget). I'd love to share how I got each of these with all of you and then ask for your opinions at the end!

It all started when I saw the cream Marmont flap in the store...I fell in love immediately! Unfortunately there's a small amount of color transfer now and I'm always scared to use it. I have been considering selling it but it is just so gorgeous that I can't bring myself to [emoji173]️ I've only used it about 2-3 times since purchasing it for fear of staining it further.
IMG_1505177436.137159.jpgIMG_1505177476.249757.jpgIMG_1505177490.672971.jpg

Then I got lucky and snagged a pre-owned Marmont Wallet on Chain. I told myself I didn't need it especially since it was only 1 month after the cream Marmont but it's surprisingly become my most used bag! I've worn it to weddings as a clutch, hands-free at the grocery store, out to drinks with friends. I didn't think I would love it this much but I always find myself reaching for it.

IMG_1505177521.984362.jpgIMG_1505177542.795165.jpg

And finally...the newest addition: Dionysus mini in black. I've been longing for this bag and got extremely lucky on Yoogi's Closet recently! When it finally came, my first reaction was confusion. Why is the chain so long? I'm about 5'7" and it is veryyyyy long when I wear it on my shoulder. I love wearing purses that way instead of cross body but with this one, I'm worried it'll swing out much more when I walk. Does it look too long on me? I love the durability of the canvas and the GG print - such a classic and will definitely pair well in my closet.

IMG_1505177588.784738.jpgIMG_1505177601.021053.jpg

I'll be keeping the WOC for sure but I can't decide which of the other 2 to sell. The dionysus will suit my lifestyle much better and I'll be able to use it more, but the strap length makes me hesitate. The Marmont flap is stunning but it is very high maintenance for me and don't get much use.

What would you all do? Thank you in advance!! :love::blush:
IMG_1505177631.762687.jpg

If you're worried about color transfer, I would pick the Dionysus. I have a white YSL WOC and I always make sure to wear light color fabric w/o jeans to avoid color transfers. It's definitely a color you need to work around.

Side note: If you really enjoy the Dionysus but the WOC length is too long for your liking, you should sell it and try and get a preloved Small Dionysus from FP or Yoogi. You seem to really enjoy the look of the bag, so you might as well get the smaller size. The length will make it sit on your hip.

I have the medium Dionysus and I'm 5'6 and it's PERFECT in chain length. The WOC length is quite long, so I agree with you on that. :doh: (one of the reasons I passed on that model!)

I've been stalking FP's website for the past month and the prices for the Dionysus can get quite low if you wait for the perfect time to snag one!

Side note: If you really enjoy the Dionysus but the WOC length is too long for your liking, you should sell it and try and get a preloved Small Dionysus from FP or Yoogi. You seem to really enjoy the look of the bag, so you might as well get the smaller size. The length will make it sit on your hip.

I have the medium Dionysus and I'm 5'6 and it's PERFECT in chain length. The WOC length is quite long, so I agree with you on that. :doh: (one of the reasons I passed on that model!)

I've been stalking FP's website for the past month and the prices for the Dionysus can get quite low if you wait for the perfect time to snag one!
Ohhh good to know! I thought the mini was the only one that was available in a longer length. Thank you so much, that makes things much easier!! :heart:

I'll be of no help because I think they all look perfect on you. including the lengths. I think you should be careful of transfer on both the white and sig bags and clean them ASAP if you see anything. I certainly wouldn't be selling the black and then I guess it would be nice to have 2 different styles.

Yw! Yeah the mini's length is pretty extreme. The smaller and medium sizes have a more manageable length. I recommend trying the bag on in store if you can.

So I went and tried it on in store yesterday like you recommended! Unfortunately, the small was too wide for my liking. I had the same issue with the Marmont in small - I think the bases are too wide for my frame :doh: It's such a shame too, it was beautiful on the display but when the SA let me try it on...there just wasn't a spark.

Ah well. Perhaps the Dionysus isn't meant for me :crybaby:

I'll be of no help because I think they all look perfect on you. including the lengths. I think you should be careful of transfer on both the white and sig bags and clean them ASAP if you see anything. I certainly wouldn't be selling the black and then I guess it would be nice to have 2 different styles.
Thank you for your input! I guess technically I do have 3 very different bags :graucho: Do you have any recommendations for cleaning (products, frequency, etc)
Still not 100% on the mini but only time will tell! Luckily they seem to sell pretty well so maybe I'll use it a few times and then sell it if I don't love it.

So I went and tried it on in store yesterday like you recommended! Unfortunately, the small was too wide for my liking. I had the same issue with the Marmont in small - I think the bases are too wide for my frame :doh: It's such a shame too, it was beautiful on the display but when the SA let me try it on...there just wasn't a spark.

Ah well. Perhaps the Dionysus isn't meant for me :crybaby:

Aww no! :sad:
The same thing happened to me when I tried on the Celine Mini Luggage. Drooled over it for months and then I tried it and it completely swallowed me in size. :hrmm:

At least you get to save money on it now! More fund for other bags!

Did you look at the Gucci Sylvie? The base isn't as wide and it's a popular design like the Dionysus.

Aww no! :sad:
The same thing happened to me when I tried on the Celine Mini Luggage. Drooled over it for months and then I tried it and it completely swallowed me in size. :hrmm:

At least you get to save money on it now! More fund for other bags!

Did you look at the Gucci Sylvie? The base isn't as wide and it's a popular design like the Dionysus.
Bummer, the Mini Luggage is so cute too! The Sylvie is not for me unfortunately, it is gorgeous though!

So even though I don't like the small size, for some reason, I just can't bring myself to return this mini bag :eek:It's SO cute and I love the canvas. But I definitely do not need three mini bags hahaha...I'm now considering selling the cream or black Marmont LOL. You know when you get too into your head and then you're right back to where you started:giggle: :panic: My bf thinks I'm crazy and I probably am!

Bummer, the Mini Luggage is so cute too! The Sylvie is not for me unfortunately, it is gorgeous though!

So even though I don't like the small size, for some reason, I just can't bring myself to return this mini bag :eek:It's SO cute and I love the canvas. But I definitely do not need three mini bags hahaha...I'm now considering selling the cream or black Marmont LOL. You know when you get too into your head and then you're right back to where you started:giggle: :panic: My bf thinks I'm crazy and I probably am!

HMM. Did you try the Dionysus WOC by any chance? I'm not sure if the chain length is the same as the mini, but if it's shorter, that could be a possible solution?

LOLOL Literally right after I posted about deciding to pass on the Celine Mini I found a great deal on FP (30% off) in the white color I wanted and got it :panic: I'm so ashamed of myself ahahaha :facepalm:

Honestly I feel like if you can't get the Dionysus out of your head, keep it for now and try and see if you can get past the chain length? Don't sell it if you're not 100% sure bc there's a chance you might buy it back!

HMM, Did you try the Dionysus WOC by any chance? I'm not sure if the chain length is the same as the mini, but if it's shorter, that could be a possible solution?

LOLOL Literally right after I posted about deciding to pass on the Celine Mini I found a great deal on FP (30% off) in the white color I wanted and got it :panic: I'm so ashamed of myself ahahaha :facepalm:

Honestly I feel like if you can't get the Dionysus out of your head, keep it for now and try and see if you can get past the chain length? Don't sell it if you're not 100% sure bc there's a chance you might buy it back!

I already have a Chanel WOC and the Marmont WOC, so not sure I could justify another one :P I wish!
Yessssss! Post pics when you get it, that's awesome!
You're right - I'll just wear it a few times and see how it fits in my life I guess. If I like it a lot and it's more carefree than the Marmont, I guess I'll see the Marmont. Thanks girl, for the advice and listening to me go back and forth :hugs:

I already have a Chanel WOC and the Marmont WOC, so not sure I could justify another one :P I wish!
Yessssss! Post pics when you get it, that's awesome!
You're right - I'll just wear it a few times and see how it fits in my life I guess. If I like it a lot and it's more carefree than the Marmont, I guess I'll see the Marmont. Thanks girl, for the advice and listening to me go back and forth :hugs:

Of course! :smile:

And definitely will! I'm obsessively checking my mail right now for the shipping confirmation haha

Hopefully you'll find the Dionysus fitting your life! It's such a cute bag honestly

Hi all,

Somehow I've managed to acquire 3 Gucci purses in the past few months (which was not the best idea for my student budget). I'd love to share how I got each of these with all of you and then ask for your opinions at the end!

It all started when I saw the cream Marmont flap in the store...I fell in love immediately! Unfortunately there's a small amount of color transfer now and I'm always scared to use it. I have been considering selling it but it is just so gorgeous that I can't bring myself to [emoji173]️ I've only used it about 2-3 times since purchasing it for fear of staining it further.
View attachment 3822054View attachment 3822055View attachment 3822056

Then I got lucky and snagged a pre-owned Marmont Wallet on Chain. I told myself I didn't need it especially since it was only 1 month after the cream Marmont but it's surprisingly become my most used bag! I've worn it to weddings as a clutch, hands-free at the grocery store, out to drinks with friends. I didn't think I would love it this much but I always find myself reaching for it.

View attachment 3822057View attachment 3822058

And finally...the newest addition: Dionysus mini in black. I've been longing for this bag and got extremely lucky on Yoogi's Closet recently! When it finally came, my first reaction was confusion. Why is the chain so long? I'm about 5'7" and it is veryyyyy long when I wear it on my shoulder. I love wearing purses that way instead of cross body but with this one, I'm worried it'll swing out much more when I walk. Does it look too long on me? I love the durability of the canvas and the GG print - such a classic and will definitely pair well in my closet.

View attachment 3822061View attachment 3822062

I'll be keeping the WOC for sure but I can't decide which of the other 2 to sell. The dionysus will suit my lifestyle much better and I'll be able to use it more, but the strap length makes me hesitate. The Marmont flap is stunning but it is very high maintenance for me and don't get much use.

What would you all do? Thank you in advance!! :love::blush:
View attachment 3822063
Have you thought about taking your dionysus to a cobbler to have the chain shortened? You could maybe add O rings in gunmetal that matches the chain metal at the base on each side and let a bit of length hang behind the bag.