Gucci Disco Bag Club

I got my Gucci soho disco in black on Tuesday and when I asked if they were being discontinued they said that they weren't sure. But I've heard that there keeping the main colors and are getting rid of the seasonal colors. But it might be getting discontinued because the only soho discos they had at the Gucci store was the black one and the multi color one.
If you look at their site, most of the colors are on short backorder basically (with delivery between 1/15 and 2/5). This has been the case at various times in the past as well. I think they may have been considering a quick discontinuation but then may have reconsidered at least short term because of the spike in sales. I noticed another new color (or brought back color) besides navy as well. A company truly discontinuing an item (even if only in seasonal colors) would not be adding new colors to the mix as they are right now. Just my two cents.

Gucci are not phasing out the soho disco bags, they're discontinuing the seasonal colours but not the classics i.e black, red and nude. It would be a silly move given how well that design sells, not to mention the soho logo was featured in the recent accessories line which would be silly if they were discontinuing it.

If you look at their site, most of the colors are on short backorder basically (with delivery between 1/15 and 2/5). This has been the case at various times in the past as well. I think they may have been considering a quick discontinuation but then may have reconsidered at least short term because of the spike in sales. I noticed another new color (or brought back color) besides navy as well. A company truly discontinuing an item (even if only in seasonal colors) would not be adding new colors to the mix as they are right now. Just my two cents.
Especially since their current season line of accessories featured the soho logo, not to mention how popular they are, I definitely think it is all talk.

Anyone else find it interesting that there is so much talk about the Soho Disco being discontinued, but the blue leather has now been added to their site?
Gucci are not phasing out the soho disco bags, they're discontinuing the seasonal colours but not the classics i.e black, red and nude. It would be a silly move given how well that design sells, not to mention the soho logo was featured in the recent accessories line which would be silly if they were discontinuing it.
I was at the mall the other day and saw that Holts (a Canadian luxury retailer) had a Gucci shop-in shop so I went over and ended up speaking to the loveliest SA. She had three colours (Black, Red, and Rose Beige) which she referred to as classics as well as a couple other colours. The non-classic colours are available until they sell out, since they're no longer producing more. This is probably why they showed up on the Gucci site last week. The classic colours will be the only colours Gucci will continue to produce however she didn't know whether that would be short-term or if they'd actually remain permanent. If anyone has any additional insight feel free to share, but I agree it's definitely confusing since every SA seems to say something different - I had one from Nordstrom tell me it was being discontinued in the spring.
Hi all. Which site was the navy seen? I've been waiting for a navy. Thank you
The navy blue? I have been trying to hunt one down. Are they being restocked? TIA
It was last seen on the Gucci website around 3-5 days ago. The day that I saw it, I saw 7 colours on the Canadian website. Try calling a store to see if they have any left in stock or maybe even an outlet since it appears to be a seasonal/non-classic colour.

Reactions: Stacy31
I was at the mall the other day and saw that Holts (a Canadian luxury retailer) had a Gucci shop-in shop so I went over and ended up speaking to the loveliest SA. She had three colours (Black, Red, and Rose Beige) which she referred to as classics as well as a couple other colours. The non-classic colours are available until they sell out, since they're no longer producing more. This is probably why they showed up on the Gucci site last week. The classic colours will be the only colours Gucci will continue to produce however she didn't know whether that would be short-term or if they'd actually remain permanent. If anyone has any additional insight feel free to share, but I agree it's definitely confusing since every SA seems to say something different - I had one from Nordstrom tell me it was being discontinued in the spring.

It was last seen on the Gucci website around 3-5 days ago. The day that I saw it, I saw 7 colours on the Canadian website. Try calling a store to see if they have any left in stock or maybe even an outlet since it appears to be a seasonal/non-classic colour.
Thank you! I will do that!

Cannot for the life of me understand why they would discontinue this bag...

I became a member of the club in Christmas. I have been downsizing bags. I use a lot of clutches and pouches on a daily basis. I have kept a Gucci tote for shopping groceries or carrying things like shoes. And I just needed a small bag that could be carried crossbody, for the bike, travelling, casual going out, weekends... For different reasons, I got rid of crossbody Mansur Gavriel bucket, Celine Trio, Balenciaga Ticket, Dreyfuss Momo... From the first moment I eyed the Disco but in the meantime I kid you not I actually bought and returned the following: Saint Laurent WOC and small College, Givenchy Pandora mini, Mini Falabella, Mulberry Darley satchel, vintage Chanel mini flap...I tried the Chloe Faye, Bottega Venetas, and other small Gucci (Dyonisus, Marmont). You get the picture. And I kept going back to the Disco which I thought was kind of "boring". Finally settled for it and I cannot be happier. Have been wearing it non-stop. It is such a practical bag, so easy to wear, and such a pleasure to feel. Simply perfect. I'd love to get the Animalier Disco too, with the tiger head or the bee.

The only problem I have with it is that sometimes it flips over and if it is open things come out. I am careless I know, but it is kind of annoying.