Gucci Ancora

Glad you like it. I liked the colours - a lot. And the silver shoes at the end (reworking of a '00s TF for Gucci)

I felt like Gucci looked like every other brand for the last 3 years, cross between Miu Miu and Ferragamo with refs towards Tom Ford for Gucci 1999. Plus Gucci bags.

I don't see why platforms have to be soooooooo high. I don't see why bra-tops need to be soooooooo barely-there, the shorts sooooooo short. I don't see why there are so many coats in Summer, but I loved the coat leaf green with the waterfall beading.

From Gucci.com

• Look 55

• Look 54

• Look 53

• Look 52

• Look 51

• Look 50

• Look 49

• Look 48

• Look 47

• Look 46

• Look 45

• Look 44

• Look 43

• Look 42

• Look 41

• Look 40

@papertiger I get what you're saying for sure. My late 30s lawyer self won't be wearing the platforms or shorts; however, I wasn't a huge consumer of the Alessandro Michele era other than the marmont bag when it first hit shelves, the ace sneakers (at first), and some of the fun t shirts, largely because it was SO bold, and that's not my vibe. As someone who likes a more clean style, even if everyone seems to be doing it, I was happy to see this from a brand I really like generally. I also appreciated the classic aesthetic with pops of vibrant colors and leather textures. I also love to see that the Jackie is looking more like a core bag style and not just one phase in between creative directors.

I watched this morning. I thought that pieces were great. It was very classic and sexy. I was also happy to see so many variations of the Jackie, which is my favorite bag. I do however miss the fun that Alessandro brings. Over his time at Gucci, I collected so many exciting shoes, bags and even some ready to wear

I loved this collection. Fun and quirky and still very classic. I loved the emphasis on the Jackie and the new clasp for it too, or rather the old clasp for it. I believe the OG jackies had the lobster clasp like the ones here.

Reactions: Fashion412
A detail that is not related to the design but with the overall show, that it is probably overlooked if you’re not Italian: the remix version of Mina’s “Ancora” that was played at the end of the show gave me goosebumps.
I don’t know how much Mina is known abroad, but IMO she is an amazing singer (“se telefonando” arranged by Ennio Morricone is my favorite Italian song) and she lived an unconventional life in the 60’s