Gucci Ancora

A detail that is not related to the design but with the overall show, that it is probably overlooked if you’re not Italian: the remix version of Mina’s “Ancora” that was played at the end of the show gave me goosebumps.
I don’t know how much Mina is known abroad, but IMO she is an amazing singer (“se telefonando” arranged by Ennio Morricone is my favorite Italian song) and she lived an unconventional life in the 60’s
Thank you for this! I’m in the US and missed this detail but am hoping I can listen to the entire set list somehow because it was so good.

Reactions: maryg1
Huge fan. Very excited about this much-needed reset. The retreat from maximalism is refreshing. (I literally said "NO FLORALS!" out loud to myself while watching the stream lol.)

Last look (which is the first image posted here, actually), green coat, platforms, python suit sets, blue-grey backless dress were all favorites for me.

Glad you like it. I liked the colours - a lot. And the silver shoes at the end (reworking of a '00s TF for Gucci)

I felt like Gucci looked like every other brand for the last 3 years, cross between Miu Miu and Ferragamo with refs towards Tom Ford for Gucci 1999. Plus Gucci bags.

I don't see why platforms have to be soooooooo high. I don't see why bra-tops need to be soooooooo barely-there, the shorts sooooooo short. I don't see why there are so many coats in Summer, but I loved the coat leaf green with the waterfall beading.

From Gucci.com

• Look 55

• Look 54

• Look 53

• Look 52

• Look 51

• Look 50

• Look 49

• Look 48

• Look 47

• Look 46

• Look 45

• Look 44

• Look 43

• Look 42

• Look 41

• Look 40
I was just thinking this is dry Tom Ford

Reactions: papertiger
Reactions: bagnut1
This new Gucci feels like luxury farce at its most blatant… increasing prices and shifting to minimalism in a desperate chase for the overplayed “quiet luxury” trend. this brand is giving me nothing to buy into. No story. No whimsy. It’s just “luxury” because it says Gucci on it and that’s what we’ve been trained to believe. I don’t think the leather on Jackie’s is particularly high-quality, nor are their clothes when you feel them at the store. Kering is spending billions on marketing to make us believe Gucci ancora is desirable, but is it really? To me, no.

Reactions: keywi100
This new Gucci feels like luxury farce at its most blatant… increasing prices and shifting to minimalism in a desperate chase for the overplayed “quiet luxury” trend. this brand is giving me nothing to buy into. No story. No whimsy. It’s just “luxury” because it says Gucci on it and that’s what we’ve been trained to believe. I don’t think the leather on Jackie’s is particularly high-quality, nor are their clothes when you feel them at the store. Kering is spending billions on marketing to make us believe Gucci ancora is desirable, but is it really? To me, no.

TBH, I haven't looked IRL yet. I usually find that things are much better in-person. I really like the patent Jackie with the red leather lining, and since I usually only buy 1, maybe 2 things a season, that's OK. I hope I like it when I get to see it.

Only a couple of collections have stopped me in my tracks ever. The only thing that stopped me buying everything in AW08 & AW12 collections was money. Maybe there were a couple of others too. Had I bought everything, I'm sure I'd still have everything, I have kept all my Gucci, but we all have to be discerning and only go with what we most desire - or nothing at all. There's always another season.

I don't like the Ancora photographic campaign myself, and I've stopped following everything on SM. I think it could have been stronger, maybe more futuristic or starker, it's a bit too much like a Gap advert to me, but I like the colours a lot and the minimalism. If AM's Gucci was selling, he wouldn't have been asked to step-down. I welcome the change.

I'm also finding the price hikes unjustified, bordering on ridiculous, but it seems the same with most other brands.