GST vs. PST?

The ultimate choice is...

• GST

• PST

Results are only viewable after voting.
GET BOTH!!! I have both GST and PST. They are gorgeous!!! I use my Black with SHW GST in winter so i can stuff everything into it and my Biege with SHW PST in summer. I like PST cause it a bit more room then Jumbo, so i can put my bottle water in it. Good luck.

I went into the Chanel store today all set on looking at the PST and possibly buying. I don't know if it's because South Coast had none in stock but the SA really tried to talk me out of it saying it's too small for me.
A little background. I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old, and I am a full time student/in the reserves (I know odd that an army girl loves purses right? Haha) so with that being said I thought pst would be perfect since I don't carry much.

Give me pros/cons of each bag and help me with my decision!

On a side note I saw the new cruise red in the GST and it had silver hardware!

Pros of PST
-big enough to fit the necessities if you do not carry much
-does not get as heavy as the GST
-Less expensive
Cons
-Not being produced right now, so you would need to buy vintage or wait
-very hard and awkward to wear on the shoulder, so it would be worn in the crook of the arm
-does not hold shape very well, but neither does the GST
Pros of GST
-Can fit everything
-Can double as a baby bag
-MUCH more available
Cons
-Becomes very very heavy
-Can fit over shoulder, but it it quite wide
-loses shape as well over time

I hope this helped! I personally do not like either. I only own a PST and I am 5'1, so my ideas of what are wide or large may be a little skewed.

I prefer the PST (have 2 of them). It fits quite a bit but if you have kids then GST
Is better for capacity. I crisscross the straps and that keeps them in place.

For the shape, I think because the PST is smaller it will sag less. Not sure yet as I've only had mine for two months.

PST is also more versatile because you can dress it up or down. I think GST is too big for that but at the end of the day, we make our own fashion rules :smile:

GST can get really heavy when you load it up, I have both and prefer PST and PTT because GST don't stay on shoulder and the weight issue. With little ones, have you consider cerf tote? It comes with a detachable strap that can be handy when you need to be hands free.

I don't carry my nicer bags when I'm with them by myself since my little one likes to be carried plus diaper bag etc.
I'm still very young but I already have the start of degeneration in my neck and back so even though I love bigger bags, I can't carry anything heavy. :/

If you want to stick with the classic collection, try cerf it's pretty popular among Chanel collector and lighter in weight. Reissue is another classic and weights much lighter than other classic bags, although it will cost you a pretty penny compare with GST/PST/PTT prices.

Hi, ladies, need all your help to help me decide which one to buy?
I am interested in a red color PST or GST (luckily found both, PST bright red, GSt dark red). Anyway, I wonder whether the GST is too boxy and heavy? I am not using this bag as a working bag (I prefer light weight Tods or longchamp tote for work). I am using it as a purse for meetings, alternative to my flap.
All salesmen suggest that GST is better size... please comment! Thanks:biggrin:

Hi, ladies, need all your help to help me decide which one to buy?
I am interested in a red color PST or GST (luckily found both, PST bright red, GSt dark red). Anyway, I wonder whether the GST is too boxy and heavy? I am not using this bag as a working bag (I prefer light weight Tods or longchamp tote for work). I am using it as a purse for meetings, alternative to my flap.
All salesmen suggest that GST is better size... please comment! Thanks:biggrin:
i have a gst and love it! the pst for me i thought was just to small. have you ever considered a pst xl? that might suite you better since it's inbetween the pst and gst. here is a pic. hope this helps :smile:

http://img.purseforum.com/attachmen...8093-chanel-in-singapore-image-2456815028.jpg

Last edited:
I have never heard of the PST XL? Are the available much...
well I don't have any chanel stores where i live only a nordstroms that carries chanel and they carry them. I don't have exact dimensions but i think they are about 2 inches wider and 2 inches taller give or take.I don't know if they are cheaper or the same price as a gst. (2900) i'm going to nordstroms in the next few days and i will try to find out.If i didn't already have a gst then I would probaly get one. :biggrin: