GST owners: Any regrets or drawbacks, pros/cons?

Hi Everyone,
I just got mine on Nov.25/11(3 days ago). I love it if you think of buying one, stop thinking ,just buy it. It looks good with jeans or skirt. Mine is dark navy blue but to me look more dark ocean blue. So... beautiful and classy.

kirkorian said:
heyy i also have a question about the GST: I read here that the straps seem to fall off. is that not just in the beginning because of the unused straps? Does it not get any better after using the bag for a while? I used to have a bag where the straps used to slide off and at first the leather was very smooth so it slipped but after being used the leather got softer and now stays on the shoulder..

I don't really have this problem. Im using it as my everyday work bag.

I don't really have this problem. Im using it as my everyday work bag.

How long have you been using your GST for daily? I used it daily for almost a year (average 4-5 days a week) and the black color is fading....I only noticed it when I went to a Chanel boutique last week and the SA took out a new piece for another customer who was standing beside me.... So sad....

questions for owners of the GST:
when i went to the store to try it on, it looks really "box"ed for me. when i have it on the shoulders and look in front of the mirror, all i see is a flat rectangular surface. when i look at the pictures on this forum, i note people tucking it in, so it's like a triangular shape. would doing this ruin the shape of the bag?

How long have you been using your GST for daily? I used it daily for almost a year (average 4-5 days a week) and the black color is fading....I only noticed it when I went to a Chanel boutique last week and the SA took out a new piece for another customer who was standing beside me.... So sad....

8mths, up to date and I think its still looking good. What do u mean by black fading?? :shocked:

It used to be very black, now it doesn't look that black especially if you put it beside a new GST....you will notice that they are of 2 different tones of black....the new 1 dark and mine lighter tone....

I have owned my GST for almost a year and still love it. Straps stay on my shoulder when I am shopping. It is so roomy that I carry my iPad in it. I alternate using it with my jumbo when I need a big bag so it still looks brand new. GL with your decision.

gobby17 said:
It used to be very black, now it doesn't look that black especially if you put it beside a new GST....you will notice that they are of 2 different tones of black....the new 1 dark and mine lighter tone....

Have u tried to bring back to boutique and let them have a look? Hmm, mine seems ok to me now. I will take note and will remember to compare it with another GST if I visit any store :smile: