Gryson Olivia or RM Matinee

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Having seen so many posts on the forum about Rebecca Minkoff bags, I called Nordstrom to ask if they had any. The said they had a Matinee in glazed almond on sale. I had them hold and when I got there found that they also had put out one in elephant color. I prefer the non-glazed leather and liked this color although I was somewhat disappointed that it was firmer leather and not very soft and slouchy. They also had some Gryson bags and I became interested an an Olivia, deep brown with black trim. The leather is nice and soft and of course it has the suede lining. I couldn't make up my mind so brought both home. Both are fairly neutral. Both are fairly heavy. I think the Matinee is a bit more neutral because it's all one color rather than two-tone. But the Gryson has a shoulder strap whereas the RM is tight fit on shoulder. The Gryson is a higher quality bag but I think both would wear well. Opinions please.
http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/18357.aspx

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...prod27050027&parentId=cat207300&index=2&cmCat=

I have the matinee and LOVE it! I also love Gryson, but the Olivia was a little too gigantic for me. I love their woven Skyes. So, between these two, I'd definitely go with the matinee. I wear mine as a shoulder bag all the time. Plus, I love its different pockets; makes organization easy. The Olivia is one giant pit IMO, even though it's beautifully made.

I have an Olivia in mushroom and the matinee in glazed espresso. I prefer the Olivia over the matinee. The matinee is a cute bag but for me the opening is too small and that annoys me. I have been carrying my Olivia almost every day since I got it. It is a big bag but it's easy to get into, the shoulder straps fit great and I love the look of the bag. For reference, I'm almost 5'5".

They are so different - it really depends on your style. The Matinee is awesome for special or casual days. The Olivia, I found, was just overwhelmingly large and looks more like just a casual bag. :shrugs:

Here are the pictures. (My vote is for the Matinee)

Rebecca Minkoff Matinee
18357-viewsize300-front.jpg

Gryson Olivia
BGV02NG_mn.jpg

Are you interested in the leather or the Nylon Olivia?
I've expanded by purchase options. I'm eliminating the Matinee as it's not going to be comfortable on my shoulder. I was compelled to go today at lunch to see if the other Nordstrom in the area had anything interesting. Now I have purchased the Gryson Olivia in the brown with black trim and plain black -- both leather, no nylon.

Opinions between these two?

Thank you.