Group buying and flash deal sites - DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!!!

I just bought a Prada bag from MYHABIT…………and it just arrives today... I've post pics under the Authenticate this Prada thread. Hope anyone could authenticate that bag. If it's fake, I'll definitely return it. Actually, is it possible to buy an on sale saffiano? If not, then I'll not bother and just buy from NM.

This is crazy, you can't trust these flash sales and I heard some horror stories about people returning fakes to department stores and the stores reselling that item. I guess the boutique is the best bet? This is so unfortunate and sad!

I saw a sale for Givenchy today at ruelala, does anyone have any intel on them?

I've been wondering about a website called "beyond the rack" for a while now. They often have prada saffiano lux bags on there priced at hundreds below retail. And I always wonder how is that even possible?? Has anyone bought a prada bag from their yet- and if so was it authentic or not? Overall, do people here feel this is a legitimate source to buy prada or not?

Here's the link

http://www.beyondtherack.com/event/showcase/48983?category=0

I used to shop at Beyond the rack and had purchased a Prada bag from them before. However some of the finishing doesn't feel right in that the logo was slightly crooked. I returned it. I'm not sure if it's a quality issue or whether it's a super fake. Wasn't an expert and didn't want to risk it.

I still shop at this website but mostly for clothing or linens.

just purchased a bag from Vente-Privee...hoping they don't sell fakes!
I bought a saffiano too from that same Vente Privee sale. Now I'm starting to have some flash sale buyer's remorse! The minute it arrives I'm going over the bag with a magnifying glass! @marina2042, would you share an update when you get your bag?

In general, everyone should avoid buying Prada from flash sale/deal sites.

Here's an updated list of sites to AVOID based on the Prada authenticators'/experts' posts and comments here and in other threads:

mynetsale

shopatvoi

ideeli

net-luxury.com

Brand Alley

MyHabit on Amazon

Even if the flash sale site is not on the list above - please still try your best not to purchase from them. Save yourself the heartache and the headache associated with returning and trying to get a refund. The few hundred dollars you feel you will "save" isn't worth the trouble as the possibility of those sites selling superfakes is still high.

There's a thread here on reputable Prada retailers for your reference: http://forum.purseblog.com/prada/reputable-prada-retailers-no-chatter-492176.html

Of course, as the Prada authenticators/experts have repeatedly stated in the past, the best option is still to buy directly from Prada.

Do you think everything from Mynetsale is fake? My boyfriend purchased a Givenchy bag for my birthday. As I have never owned one before, I cannot tell the authenticity. It is the first bag that I own that was purchased online, all have been bought for the actual store.

Do you think everything from Mynetsale is fake? My boyfriend purchased a Givenchy bag for my birthday. As I have never owned one before, I cannot tell the authenticity. It is the first bag that I own that was purchased online, all have been bought for the actual store.

I wouldn't buy a stick of gum from those criminals. Send it back and go to the boutique.

I bought a saffiano too from that same Vente Privee sale. Now I'm starting to have some flash sale buyer's remorse! The minute it arrives I'm going over the bag with a magnifying glass! @marina2042, would you share an update when you get your bag?
I also bought a saffiano tote from recent vente privee sale but yet to receive the bag. Have you receive it yet? What worries me even more is that their site is actually closing down. I will seek help immediately in authenticating the bag as soon as I receive it. Please update us when you receive your bag.

Please don't buy from MYNETSALE, I purchased a black saffiano tote and didn't know till after receiving it that MYNETSALE we selling fakes, because I was new to buying designer items and having them say that the site is "Authenticity Guaranteed" I felt safe, boy was I wrong.

I contacted them after a very long string of emails they finally offered me my money back. Although I wasn't able to recover the returns shipping, customs & duty. I was able to get the purchase amount of the bag back.

Lesson learnt the hard way :smile:

I also bought a saffiano tote from recent vente privee sale but yet to receive the bag. Have you receive it yet? What worries me even more is that their site is actually closing down. I will seek help immediately in authenticating the bag as soon as I receive it. Please update us when you receive your bag.

Yes I received it! I haven't been home to open it up until last night. My heart was racing a bit to tell the truth... I looked for all the tell-tale signs and so far I haven't seen anything that says outright fake. It looks really good! I'm trying not to have wishful thinking here... I'm going to ask a girlfriend to see what she thinks.

Yes I received it! I haven't been home to open it up until last night. My heart was racing a bit to tell the truth... I looked for all the tell-tale signs and so far I haven't seen anything that says outright fake. It looks really good! I'm trying not to have wishful thinking here... I'm going to ask a girlfriend to see what she thinks.

Super Fakes are hard for anyone that's not a well trained authenticator to spot. Post some pics on the Authenticate This thread and let us have a look see.

http://forum.purseblog.com/prada/authenticate-this-prada-please-read-post-1-first-813453.html

Which saffiano tote did you get? Let us know when you posted some pics in the Authenticate This thread.