Graff resale value

Update:

It’s here after resizing and changing the prong to gold. Their service was incredible. I went in initially just to look around and gauge the store (and get over the mystique) but the store manager was so kind and he actually went to do a worldwide search for an item that would fit my wish and budget.

My item is surely not significant in Graff world but he really made an effort to find it. I am a convert and also grateful for the experience.

IMG_2156.jpeg

Last edited:
I just don’t advise buying jewellery with the expectation of reselling it..

Branded jewellery has a very high mark up-Tiffany , Cartier etc, so it’s the name rather than the value of the stones which is being sold.

Large Type 11 diamonds can be invested in if you have unlimited funds ditto coloured diamonds, but there are a lot of crooks and treated stones around, and you need to be prepared to pay 1m/carat to really invest..and understand what you’re investing in..not be “dipping your toes”..

If you “understand” bags then buy those..-I understand stones, but I’m not sharing a lifetime of knowledge of diamonds here on a forum(I’m not being mean, I’m protecting you), -I wouldn’t invest in bags, I just buy what I like..although the same is true with jewellery tbh,..

I don’t buy real estate, cars etc..my money goes into stones, which have increased a lot, everybody understands something, but nobody is a Jack of all trades, and I’ve heard horror stories of people losing a Lot of money on non Burmese rubies etc.

I’m just advising you not to spend a lot on something you don’t really understand with the hope of making a profit..
I did not do a lot of ring shopping when I found a Graff wedding set I loved. I see now that the style is pretty common and I could have purchased something very similar for less, but the Graff store was nearby and I didn't want to go into the city to look at other rings. I bought the set on the spot, and I love the engagement ring (I hate the matching band though -- it is not the same circumference as the band due to resizing and it barely sparkles). Anyway, thanks for giving me perspective. I am still embarrassed by how much I spent, though.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0154.jpeg
    IMG_0154.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 46
Update:

It’s here after resizing and changing the prong to gold. Their service was incredible. I went in initially just to look around and gauge the store (and get over the mystique) but the store manager was so kind and he actually went to do a worldwide search for an item that would fit my wish and budget.

My item is surely not significant in Graff world but he really made an effort to find it. I am a convert and also grateful for the experience.

View attachment 5915308
Did you work with Stanley Luongo?

I did not do a lot of ring shopping when I found a Graff wedding set I loved. I see now that the style is pretty common and I could have purchased something very similar for less, but the Graff store was nearby and I didn't want to go into the city to look at other rings. I bought the set on the spot, and I love the engagement ring (I hate the matching band though -- it is not the same circumference as the band due to resizing and it barely sparkles). Anyway, thanks for giving me perspective. I am still embarrassed by how much I spent, though.
Don't be embarrassed by the cost, it's a beautiful set! I hope you have many years of enjoyment from it and a long happy marriage!

I think it looks beautiful. Wishing you continued good health and happiness

Reactions: A bottle of Red