Goyard St. Louis less than four months old and handles cracking :(

I did a comparison of my 2015 September Saint Louis in grey (which I hardly used) versus my 2 years old in black/tan (used often but very carefully used).

I can see that there is a problem in the way the handles are sewed for the 2015 batch - which I suspect is the cause of this splitting and cracking not present in the old batches

IMG_1482643238.244669.jpg

IMG_1482643258.780383.jpg

I hope this will be helpful in making your case to goyard.

Called today and was told that it would cost $400 to repair handles. Going to pick up my bag tomorrow, I refuse to put another dime into this bag or another Goyard. They definitely lost a customer.

Reactions: Kirkland
Called today and was told that it would cost $400 to repair handles. Going to pick up my bag tomorrow, I refuse to put another dime into this bag or another Goyard. They definitely lost a customer.

That is ridiculous. I'm surprised you received a response so quickly. I was told it would take up to two months. I'm going to contact them and ask about that status given that you have heard back. I certainly won't be paying a dime to get anything fixed. If I'm told that is the only option, I'll be contacting state and federal consumer protection agencies. Clearly they are knowingly selling defective products.

That is ridiculous. I'm surprised you received a response so quickly. I was told it would take up to two months. I'm going to contact them and ask about that status given that you have heard back. I certainly won't be paying a dime to get anything fixed. If I'm told that is the only option, I'll be contacting state and federal consumer protection agencies. Clearly they are knowingly selling defective products.
You may have recourse as your bag was under 1 year, when I pick up, I will stop by the actual Goyard store. Also won't be purchasing anything from BG again.

ah... so sorry this happened to you... you should go back to your previous shop and ask them to fix it for you,....

I did and then they told me to go to a store near me (ny) and it's been a real challenge since to say the least. I'm waiting on corporate to determine what they are going to do as a next step. Since it's only been a couple weeks, I'm going to give them more time given that they say it could take two months which IMO is ridiculous.

I did a comparison of my 2015 September Saint Louis in grey (which I hardly used) versus my 2 years old in black/tan (used often but very carefully used).

I can see that there is a problem in the way the handles are sewed for the 2015 batch - which I suspect is the cause of this splitting and cracking not present in the old batches

View attachment 3556598

View attachment 3556599

I hope this will be helpful in making your case to goyard.

Can you explain? Looking at the images they both look sewn the same way. Thanks!

Wow - that is crazy. I thought it would be nice to buy a Goyard as I don't have one, but am having serious second thoughts. My boss has two bags about 1-2 years old and she said that she had pay to repair the handles on one of them already. But then others say they have no problems. I'm on the fence after reading these stories. Not sure if I want to take the chance. Could be a blessing in disguise as may just save the money for another bag that is on my wish list!

Reactions: Shelly319
I did and then they told me to go to a store near me (ny) and it's been a real challenge since to say the least. I'm waiting on corporate to determine what they are going to do as a next step. Since it's only been a couple weeks, I'm going to give them more time given that they say it could take two months which IMO is ridiculous.
Good luck with your efforts. It's such a disappointment when there is a huge fail on customer service, especially from a high-end brand. Luckily there are other brands that will stand by their products and are happy to have you as a customer. I've been pleased with LV quality of bags. Check out Dior - I was blown away by their customer service recently at different boutiques. They seem to be the anti-Goyard. :P

Reactions: Shelly319
Wow - that is crazy. I thought it would be nice to buy a Goyard as I don't have one, but am having serious second thoughts. My boss has two bags about 1-2 years old and she said that she had pay to repair the handles on one of them already. But then others say they have no problems. I'm on the fence after reading these stories. Not sure if I want to take the chance. Could be a blessing in disguise as may just save the money for another bag that is on my wish list!

If you are willing to up your budget, Goyard offers other totes which do not have those issues like SLT.

If you are willing to up your budget, Goyard offers other totes which do not have those issues like SLT.

I have spoken to several goyard sa's and the only tote they said wouldn't crack was the Voltaire unfortunately. Which one is the slt? I also asked about the belchasse and marquises and sac hardy and was told all these would crack too. I have checked eBay and reseller sites and have found these bags to have cracked handles as well.

Reactions: hotcrossbiscuit
I have spoken to several goyard sa's and the only tote they said wouldn't crack was the Voltaire unfortunately. Which one is the slt? I also asked about the belchasse and marquises and sac hardy and was told all these would crack too. I have checked eBay and reseller sites and have found these bags to have cracked handles as well.

This seems so completely ridiculous to me. "Oh, yeah, you'll be dropping €1000+++ on a bag but most likely the leather handles will crack after a few years! Even if they're totes and you use them the way they're supposed to be used! Sorry!!!"

Reactions: hedur and Shelly319

Do you think that's true of the Bellechasse in GM with the thicker handles? That's the one I'm considering but not if they will crack.