Goyard - Quality and Durability Discussion

I’ve had the larger SL since April and mostly use it for travel - I’ve noticed a little wear on the handles already and heard they tend to crack quite quickly. That being said I’m careful with it in general, especially this one as it’s white. The corners and edges are fine, and the rest of the material is so sturdy you don’t have to worry about it so much.

Overall I think they a need a little more care when you’re using them but they’re so beautiful they’re worth it. The bag weighs nothing and fits everything! Plus if they’re well used and well loved they’re worth replacing when the time comes!

The SL is specifically for light items, not a travel bag. They improved the handles a few years ago so with lightweight items carried there should be no issues. My SA said it was designed to be a beach bag, not for travel. The Artois is a great travel bag!

Purchased a wallet/card case and keep it in my back pocket as I would with any other wallet. Unfortunately the piping/edging has frayed quite a bit (I’ve had it a few years now but the fraying started only a few months after purchase); it initially will pop up a little bit and if I don’t slice off the loose bit with an exacto knife or similar, the loose edge will then cause more and more of the edging to come off. At this point the wallet has quite a bit of missing edging.

I had asked at the NY store about a repair at one point and they offered to have it re-glazed but at a pretty high cost. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m worried that even if I pay to have the repair done, it’ll just continue happening again.

• Sad
Reactions: LoverField
Purchased a wallet/card case and keep it in my back pocket as I would with any other wallet. Unfortunately the piping/edging has frayed quite a bit (I’ve had it a few years now but the fraying started only a few months after purchase); it initially will pop up a little bit and if I don’t slice off the loose bit with an exacto knife or similar, the loose edge will then cause more and more of the edging to come off. At this point the wallet has quite a bit of missing edging.

I had asked at the NY store about a repair at one point and they offered to have it re-glazed but at a pretty high cost. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m worried that even if I pay to have the repair done, it’ll just continue happening again.

I had a horrible experience at the NY Flagship store and I would never want to deal with them ever again. A friend of mine got her bag repaired through them and it took months to get the bag back and she wasn’t happy with the outcome of the repair.

However, if you really want to get your card case repaired, I say try it… but hopefully they won’t give you any headache. Although I would most likely just retire it and get a new one from a different brand. I highly recommend wallets and card cases by Prada - they are of excellent quality and very durable.

Reactions: LoverField
Thanks! :smile: I went ahead and gave it a try - hopefully it works, it would be really disappointing if not!

I appreciate the emotional support since none of my friends are into handbags and don't understand why this is setting me off-kilter! I've been looking at alternative work tote options, but all I want is a nice non-transferring Artois MM!!! :crybaby:

Continuing my moaning a a means of catharsis, after hearing nothing back from After Sales Service since Sept. 8, I texted the SA that helped me in SF (obtained his number though the kindness of @tenshix :heart:). He told me to email [email protected] ...I did so on Sept. 28 and still no word! Just followed up with him via text again to see if the store can generate a purchase receipt for me in case that's the issue.

I'm bummed because I LOVE my Artois (as well as my mini Anjou which I've had no issues with), but feel like I'm in a holding pattern. If I can't get a repair on mine, do I shell out for a new bag knowing I might not be able to get it fixed if there are issues with that one down the road? It's been the absolute perfect work tote for me, and I haven't been able to find anything else on the market I even want, so have been shoving all my possessions into a too-small Longchamp Le Pliage since August...

Thanks as always for the venting opportunity!

Continuing my moaning a a means of catharsis, after hearing nothing back from After Sales Service since Sept. 8, I texted the SA that helped me in SF (obtained his number though the kindness of @tenshix :heart:). He told me to email [email protected] ...I did so on Sept. 28 and still no word! Just followed up with him via text again to see if the store can generate a purchase receipt for me in case that's the issue.

I'm bummed because I LOVE my Artois (as well as my mini Anjou which I've had no issues with), but feel like I'm in a holding pattern. If I can't get a repair on mine, do I shell out for a new bag knowing I might not be able to get it fixed if there are issues with that one down the road? It's been the absolute perfect work tote for me, and I haven't been able to find anything else on the market I even want, so have been shoving all my possessions into a too-small Longchamp Le Pliage since August...

My mom’s old SL straps had recently melted off so I helped her with the servicing and ran into the same issues. Their customer service email is ridiculously slow to reply; I had to email them every week to try and get a response. In the end after 1 month of back and forth they finally sent me a form to sign and agree to pay shipping for but I clarified with the boutique SA that if I were to bring it in via the boutique there is no shipping costs.

I was annoyed because the way I was originally told by the SA was to email services as if that was the only route for the bag to be serviced. I wasted more than a month with their services via email thinking that was my only option because I was made to believe I needed this form from them prior to even bringing it into the boutique, which was not the case.

For anyone looking to service their bag/item this is my suggestion:

- If you are near a Goyard boutique, bring it in and ask for the repair manager.
- If not near a boutique, send an email with all the photos of the damages + photos of the entire bag/item from the front and back so they can see what model you have. Tell them when and where you purchased the item from and if you have the receipt, attach a copy in the email also. Also very important to include your Full name, phone number, email, shipping address in the same email so they have all the info they need to generate the form with less back and forth. They take an approximate 1-2 weeks to reply to one email so best get all the details sorted in ONE email that you can keep blasting them with until you get your repair form. After you sign the repair form they generate a shipping label for you to send out your bag for repair.
- Expect long lead times on the repair. I was quoted 2 months to replace the melted straps.

The repair manager in SF told me he couldn’t find the purchase under my mom’s profile but I don’t know if they can aggregate all purchases from around the world. He told me if she can locate the receipt or bank statement they would be able to waive the strap replacement fee (I assume since they know this is a production issue and not customer’s fault) but if she can’t then it will be $280 + taxes. The bag is quite old and she makes so many purchases to bother trying to look for every single receipt (she doesn’t even remember where she bought this one from) so we’ll likely just pay the repair fee.

TLDR; keep trying to email them but make sure you have all the details in that one email so all they have left to do is to generate the form for you to sign and send a shipping label to. Good luck!

If you don’t mind the cost, I would literally call them direct. You would have to wait until the evening as there is about a 7 hour time difference, but sometimes going straight to the source directly gets things done faster. Good luck.

• Thanks
Reactions: withsriracha
My mom’s old SL straps had recently melted off so I helped her with the servicing and ran into the same issues. Their customer service email is ridiculously slow to reply; I had to email them every week to try and get a response. In the end after 1 month of back and forth they finally sent me a form to sign and agree to pay shipping for but I clarified with the boutique SA that if I were to bring it in via the boutique there is no shipping costs.

I was annoyed because the way I was originally told by the SA was to email services as if that was the only route for the bag to be serviced. I wasted more than a month with their services via email thinking that was my only option because I was made to believe I needed this form from them prior to even bringing it into the boutique, which was not the case.

For anyone looking to service their bag/item this is my suggestion:

- If you are near a Goyard boutique, bring it in and ask for the repair manager.
- If not near a boutique, send an email with all the photos of the damages + photos of the entire bag/item from the front and back so they can see what model you have. Tell them when and where you purchased the item from and if you have the receipt, attach a copy in the email also. Also very important to include your Full name, phone number, email, shipping address in the same email so they have all the info they need to generate the form with less back and forth. They take an approximate 1-2 weeks to reply to one email so best get all the details sorted in ONE email that you can keep blasting them with until you get your repair form. After you sign the repair form they generate a shipping label for you to send out your bag for repair.
- Expect long lead times on the repair. I was quoted 2 months to replace the melted straps.

The repair manager in SF told me he couldn’t find the purchase under my mom’s profile but I don’t know if they can aggregate all purchases from around the world. He told me if she can locate the receipt or bank statement they would be able to waive the strap replacement fee (I assume since they know this is a production issue and not customer’s fault) but if she can’t then it will be $280 + taxes. The bag is quite old and she makes so many purchases to bother trying to look for every single receipt (she doesn’t even remember where she bought this one from) so we’ll likely just pay the repair fee.

TLDR; keep trying to email them but make sure you have all the details in that one email so all they have left to do is to generate the form for you to sign and send a shipping label to. Good luck!
Thank you again for the encouragement! I guess I didn't think persistence would pay off, but glad to hear that it did for you and will try the approach of just emailing many times. Honestly I'd pay the repair fee if I had to...it's cheaper than a new bag! I'd assumed that the lack of receipt was the issue as I'd had to get a Necessaire with a faulty zipper repaired this time last year and the process was comparatively a breeze - wouldn't say it was the MOST consumer-friendly, but I was able to speak to someone on the phone in the SF boutique where I bought the item and then got a response from Goyard Corporate after a few business days and the free repair turned around in a reasonable amount of time.

If you don’t mind the cost, I would literally call them direct. You would have to wait until the evening as there is about a 7 hour time difference, but sometimes going straight to the source directly gets things done faster. Good luck.

My Google skills might be faulty, but I hadn't been able to find any helpful phone numbers for either US Corporate or Paris! When I had the issue with the Necessaire, I was at least able to get through to someone at the boutique easily, but that seems to no longer be the case.

Thank you again for the encouragement! I guess I didn't think persistence would pay off, but glad to hear that it did for you and will try the approach of just emailing many times. Honestly I'd pay the repair fee if I had to...it's cheaper than a new bag! I'd assumed that the lack of receipt was the issue as I'd had to get a Necessaire with a faulty zipper repaired this time last year and the process was comparatively a breeze - wouldn't say it was the MOST consumer-friendly, but I was able to speak to someone on the phone in the SF boutique where I bought the item and then got a response from Goyard Corporate after a few business days and the free repair turned around in a reasonable amount of time.

My Google skills might be faulty, but I hadn't been able to find any helpful phone numbers for either US Corporate or Paris! When I had the issue with the Necessaire, I was at least able to get through to someone at the boutique easily, but that seems to no longer be the case.
I was told by repair manager in SF that all the repairs for the US is done in NYC. If they still do not reply to your emails perhaps try calling the Goyard NYC boutique. But regardless you will still have to obtain the form via email for them to generate a shipping label for you after you sign the form.

Reactions: withsriracha
I bought my hardy pm from a store in Paris. One of the handles cracked soon thereafter. I sent in my bag to repair via SF store. Four months and four hundred dollars later I receive my bag handles attached crooked. I’m so shocked at the quality of repair. I reached out to the SF store and they connected me to the NY repair store. NY says I have to send in my bag AGAIN for evaluation. What evaluation? It is pretty clear that the repair was faulty. Anyhoo they said they will provide expedited review. I’ll provide an update once I hear from them. 8B9AFC83-B4DE-4A61-B6A6-A9A4B4A2973C.jpeg

I bought my hardy pm from a store in Paris. One of the handles cracked soon thereafter. I sent in my bag to repair via SF store. Four months and four hundred dollars later I receive my bag handles attached crooked. I’m so shocked at the quality of repair. I reached out to the SF store and they connected me to the NY repair store. NY says I have to send in my bag AGAIN for evaluation. What evaluation? It is pretty clear that the repair was faulty. Anyhoo they said they will provide expedited review. I’ll provide an update once I hear from them. View attachment 5682648
This is so upsetting! I’m so sorry, I hope they expedite repair it for free for you. That’s so unacceptable.

Reactions: earthygirl
I bought my hardy pm from a store in Paris. One of the handles cracked soon thereafter. I sent in my bag to repair via SF store. Four months and four hundred dollars later I receive my bag handles attached crooked. I’m so shocked at the quality of repair. I reached out to the SF store and they connected me to the NY repair store. NY says I have to send in my bag AGAIN for evaluation. What evaluation? It is pretty clear that the repair was faulty. Anyhoo they said they will provide expedited review. I’ll provide an update once I hear from them. View attachment 5682648
Sorry you had to go through this.

Their after-sales service sucks.

Reactions: earthygirl
I was told by repair manager in SF that all the repairs for the US is done in NYC. If they still do not reply to your emails perhaps try calling the Goyard NYC boutique. But regardless you will still have to obtain the form via email for them to generate a shipping label for you after you sign the form.
Wanted to provide a brief update on my saga in the hopes this will be helpful for others! I ended up sending a politely-but-strongly-worded follow-up email that ended up making it to the right person, got a shipping label, and sent my bag in nearly 3 months after kicking off the process. I haven't heard anything since November 28, had sent a few follow-up emails, and then thought about this post and figured I should call the NYC store to see what I could learn. In 2 weeks I'm traveling outside the US for the first time since 2019 (!!) and really want to have this bag as it's the perfect size in my collection to take all I need for a 13 hour (!!!!) flight. I was able to get through to a SA who told me the repair had been completed and the bag was going through final checks. She told me she'd put a note in my file about my departure date to try to ensure the bag gets back to me in time.

So...moral of the story...if your bag has already been sent and accepted for US repairs and you're looking for a status update, there's nothing to lose by calling the NYC store. Thank you again @tenshix :heart: