Goyard - Quality and Durability Discussion

Hi, TPFers! I wanted to ask your opinions on something..

I'm getting ready to buy a special bag for myself after working for several years toward a specific promotion and finally receiving it. I own several designer bags (Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Celine, YSL, etc.) but have bought every single one preowned up to this point. To celebrate this milestone, I'd like to purchase a brand new bag for myself.

I have two LV Neverfulls that I adore. They're functional, lightweight, and durable. As a mom of a young toddler and a frequent traveler, these totes are fantastic for my lifestyle. As a result, I've been considering a Goyard tote. I particularly love the bright colors!

Here is where I'm stuck: Will I be disappointed in the quality/longevity of a St. Louis if I do buy one? I don't stuff my bags (I carry a wallet, keys, a small wristlet with chapstick/sanitizer/etc., and occasionally a pair of sunglasses all in a lightweight felt organizer) but do sometimes throw in some items for my toddler (a lightweight change of clothes or a stuffed toy). Whenever I carry a laptop or iPad, I use a backpack, and I hand-carry a water bottle. With that said, though, I'm concerned that even with this light load, the St. Louis will crack/show serious canvas wear.

I do live in a fairly humid area, if that matters, but I take care to keep my bags out of extreme weather as much as possible.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Would love to hear some opinions from you experts as no one in my circles "gets it" when it comes to handbags. ;) Thanks in advance!

I would think you’d be fine if you carry light stuff like that. I wanted the St Louis myself as a young mom… it’s not as durable per se as the neverfull but it fits a different use case: packable, light, maleable, inside is wipeable. And lots of colors!

Reactions: c18027
I would think you’d be fine if you carry light stuff like that. I wanted the St Louis myself as a young mom… it’s not as durable per se as the neverfull but it fits a different use case: packable, light, maleable, inside is wipeable. And lots of colors!
Thank you! I am a sucker for the colors.. the green version has been calling my name! :loveeyes:

I need some help please, I saw my friends Goyard SL and fell in love with it! But threads about durability etc scares me quite a bit tbh. I found a second hand one - like new condition, should I get it? She purchased it from EU dec 2022. What info should I get from her just in case there’s strap issue few months down the road just so I can reach out to Goyard customer service? In my country, there is only 1 store and I haven’t had any luck getting the grey - it’s so popular… TIA!

I have a question-I had a Fidji years ago and it got a hole and had strap issues. I was also pretty rough with this bag. I kind of want either Artois but then I saw another discontinued bag Grenadines. Was wondering if either are durable? I currently have a LV Neverfull and I abuse that bag and it’s in great shape.

I tried to find topic about mini saigon issue but rarely see.

I just had my mini saigon souple for less than a month.

1. The handle keeps squeaking where the hardware attached to the wood handle. Do you think this is normal?

2. The leather piping peeled off in many spots. Does Goyard have any after sale leather care?

1. The handle keeps squeaking where the hardware attached to the wood handle. Do you think this is normal?

2. The leather piping peeled off in many spots. Does Goyard have any after sale leather care?
I have one too, I think I’ve had it for about 3 years. Mine also squeaks! Hasn’t led to any legit quality issues, just a minor annoyance.

There is a link for After-sales Service near the bottom of the Goyard website. However, many on this forum have complained that response time can be slow. You may receive faster service if you directly contact the SA at the boutique where you purchased your Mini Saigon. Good luck!

There is a link for After-sales Service near the bottom of the Goyard website. However, many on this forum have complained that response time can be slow. You may receive faster service if you directly contact the SA at the boutique where you purchased your Mini Saigon. Good luck!
Thank you. I’ll try to text him first.

Reactions: c18027