Goyard exchange policy

Kdelz

Oct 5, 2017
I purchased two Artois but did not like the second color. I removed the plastic cover on the strap as I wanted to see how I could style it with my outfits.
I attempted to exchange it at the Beverly Hills location (driving back 5hrs) only to be denied of an exchange because of not having the plastic wrap. I didn’t use the bag at all! I was upset. I tried calling several times to inquire but they never answered their phones.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

They are very strict and selective about this. My wife bought the Artois with a custom stripe already painted on it at the London store in February and a few days later was able to exchange it because the plastic straps were still on there and the bag had been unused.

The Goyard Neiman Marcus location is equally strict. Its sales agreement states:
"Goyard does not provide cash or credit card refunds on any purchased products or services. The items in this order will be FINAL SALE. Merchandise or services may not be exchanged or returned."

Reactions: Swanky
All of my Goyard purchases, both in store and distance sales, have included a very explicit “all sales are final” message, which the buyer agrees to when they sign. I actually would’ve been surprised if they’d let you exchange it even if you’d kept the plastic on but it seems There’s some discretion there (@goyard_lover ’s situation above). I presume you made your purchase at the BH boutique. If you’ve already pled your case there and were denied, i Don’t believe you have any other recourse.

I am not surprised. Goyard has some very strict rules…enough that I will not buy anything else from them…I am happy with my burgundy St. Louis, but that will be it for me. Actually, I think they are almost justified for not taking the bag back…with the plastic removed from the handles, the bag really can’t be sold as brand new.

The only Goyard location I know to accept returns within 30 days is the Bergdorf Goyard in nyc. Every other one I have purchased from has been very clear it’s no refunds exchange only in 30 days if unused and plastic still on.
Frustrating I know, but they have always been clear about it with me when I make the purchase. I’m sorry if they didn’t tell you, that sucks.

Goyard can state what they like but how does it stack up with the consumer rights in your specific country? This no exchange , no refund especially if the item is faulty (handles issues for example) wouldn't fly here in England.

I’m certain a company like Goyard has vetted all laws vs its policy in all countries in which it conducts business. If the item is found to be faulty, they may agree to fix the straps however they aren’t going to hand you over a brand new one.

I’m certain a company like Goyard has vetted all laws vs its policy in all countries in which it conducts business. If the item is found to be faulty, they may agree to fix the straps however they aren’t going to hand you over a brand new one.
You'd think,but reading about all the issues and bad reviews my presumption is that they just try their luck with this one size fits all policy . Some customers don't know their rights and they just go along with it.

Goyard can state what they like but how does it stack up with the consumer rights in your specific country? This no exchange , no refund especially if the item is faulty (handles issues for example) wouldn't fly here in England.

That’s not why she’s returning, she changed her mind.

Reactions: c18027
Yes in this case there isn't much she can do. If I was in her shoes I would sell the bag privately,plenty of people don't want to queue up. I was referring to "when things go wrong" and they play all these little games hoping that the customer goes away or pays for the repair. They are aware of the issues and they don't want to take ownership,to me that is wrong.

Reactions: clahanl
Exactly. If you are buying anything where there is a possibility of returning, and there usually is that possibility, never EVER remove plastic, tags, etc., until you are sure you are keeping it. In my opinion, unless there is a defect, the store/company is within their rights to refuse the return.

Reactions: tlj81
I was referring to "when things go wrong" and they play all these little games hoping that the customer goes away or pays for the repair. They are aware of the issues and they don't want to take ownership,to me that is wrong.

Faulty goods is a totally different situation legal-wise than "I no longer like it", at least in Europe. For faulty ones, they must return the money. For "I no longer like it", they have zero obligation to do anything, it's your problem. The catch is, when you talk to the shop personnel, you must be very clear from the very beginning that this is the "faulty goods" case. Law for UK: https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

The Goyard Neiman Marcus location is equally strict. Its sales agreement states:
"Goyard does not provide cash or credit card refunds on any purchased products or services. The items in this order will be FINAL SALE. Merchandise or services may not be exchanged or returned."
This law is actually illegal! Why do designers think they are exempt from the law?!