Goyard exchange policy

Yes in this case there isn't much she can do. If I was in her shoes I would sell the bag privately,plenty of people don't want to queue up. I was referring to "when things go wrong" and they play all these little games hoping that the customer goes away or pays for the repair. They are aware of the issues and they don't want to take ownership,to me that is wrong.
Also go to the card company you purchased it with.

This law is actually illegal! Why do designers think they are exempt from the law?!
A no returns policy IS legal in the U.S. as long as it is clearly posted in the sales location and/or stated on the sales agreement. For your reference, this is from the California Attorney General’s website:

IMG_3581.jpeg

Reactions: a_b_c
100% if it is required and I wouldn't shy away from taking any retailer to a small claim court if needed.
I remember reading a post on this forum where a member had to go to court to get the issue with Goyard resolved.
Definitely! SMCC is around £150 and covers anything up to £10,000, although the judge can award special dispensations. I’d advise not getting a lawyer, but instead send a without prejudice letter and then a ‘Letter before action’ if the without prejudice letter doesn’t work. I’m currently building a legal case for a jewellery company.

Reactions: sihetho
I’ve noticed London stores tend to be very easy going on exchanging/refunding. If someone is a new customer, they seem to go that extra mile. And with existing they go many miles!

I was just reading about the history of Goyard (although I have been lusting after a bag but it’s not a priority). It was owned by the Goyard family for 150 years until Jean-Michel Signoles bought it. He handed over leadership of the brand to his son, Edmond, in 1885. Francois died in 1890. Jean Michel Signoles bought Goyard in 1998 and is the current CEO of the luxury fashion brand. Jean Michel Signoles bought Goyard in 1998 and is the current CEO of the luxury fashion brand.

Maybe you should email him directly?

This law is actually illegal! Why do designers think they are exempt from the law?!
Someone already posted the California law, but this is VERY common in many stores, at least in the U.S.. The original poster knew she might want to return one of the bags she bought…why she removed the plastic to make her decision is beyond me. She may not have been able to exchange if she hadn’t done that, but in my opinion, she sealed her fate.

Quite often the plastic is attached to the strap in a way in which you can add it on again. I’ve always tried bags on with the plastic to see how they feel and the weight etc. But equally, I’ve purchased that same bag in a different colour and it hasn’t had plastic on it, although wrapped beautifully.