Got offered a RED….but...

I would pass and wait for a bag that you really want. While a Rouge Grenat GP would be gorgeous, I don't think it's what you want. Hold off and wait for your dream bag -- it will come!!

My 2 cents- go in to take a look at the colour to see whether you like this red, then pass on the GP and insist on getting the B/K that you want. If you are a regular at that boutique, you shouldn't be treated this way. Sometimes, it gets so tiring with the games that these SAs play!

If it's not what you want then you pass. GP is still a few thousand $ that could be added towards your goal B or K. Don't settle if you don't want it. But if the GP makes your heart sing when you see it in person, then by all means get it! Buy ONLY what you WANT and not what is offered 😄

Ditto @madisonmamaw. Shopping twins! Minus the exotics. Luckily no interest in that for me - though maybe someday in a CDC. I hope you find the perfect exotic!!!

darling thats exactly what i thought about exotics about 10 months ago when an SM offered to open an exotics account under my name lol

and viola here i am with a k and a klw in ostrich lol

of course thank you for you kind thought - we are starting to think about my bday/mothers day gift =)

What are your thoughts about purchasing a well maintained preloved bag from a reputable reseller versus a new bag? A consideration about waiting to buy from the boutique is certain leathers/colors may not be available at this time or no longer.

K, darling there is another option of purchasing a brand new bag from a reseller with a mark-up

that is what i started with when i was so frustrated with the game they play and pregnant - i think being pregnant was what really pushed me off the edge

well, i was living in paris for a year and never scored any b/k/c with all the purchased we made
so the first couple of bs are brand new with mark ups

then i started to shop preloved b and k

i still do purchase from the boutique, mostly impulse purchases coupled with when i have cash with me //i know its so vulgar but i love to carry wads of cash

but i managed to stop myself from a strong impulse when i was in moscow for a lovely ostrich picotin - and the exchange rates were working in my favor also

so at the end of the day, it really depends on what matters to you
i know ladies whom exclusively shop in boutiques because they cannot handle the chances of the goods not being authentic - and i can respect that
i have friends whom also shop from both the boutique and resellers - my go-to SM is not in the same country as i have relocated to so its very different for me now
the major factor for me is that i hate to wait - not that i hate the game they play per se

hope this help provide perspective on my rationales, happy to answer any further questions if i havent already

I think you should go see the color in person, and if you don't love the bag itself, be honest and say so and ask for what you want. The way inventory has been lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few B/Ks hanging around waiting for you!

I agree! I talked with an Hermes store director yesterday and most stores are not selling that well. If you did purchase a lot $ from this SA previously. He shouldn't treat you like this. If I were you, I would tell him that I want a red Birkin/Kelly or I can buy this GP from you but it has to come with a neutral color B/K, I will check both bags out together. Otherwise, just tell him you will go with other SA and other stores and stop buying from this store. It's not threatening. It's a friendly reminder.

am not sure I would proceed this way. Either you like it and buy or not (doesn't sound you want/need it). I would however say "honestly I am dreaming about red B/K, can you help me please?"
You are the client there, there is nothing wrong with your SA offering a GP, but he/she will offer you B/K if you ask, believe me!!

am not sure i would proceed this way. Either you like it and buy or not (doesn't sound you want/need it). I would however say "honestly i am dreaming about red b/k, can you help me please?"
you are the client there, there is nothing wrong with your sa offering a gp, but he/she will offer you b/k if you ask, believe me!!

+1

am not sure I would proceed this way. Either you like it and buy or not (doesn't sound you want/need it). I would however say "honestly I am dreaming about red B/K, can you help me please?"

You are the client there, there is nothing wrong with your SA offering a GP, but he/she will offer you B/K if you ask, believe me!!

Honestly, I might be wrong. Maybe the $ amount she purchased is not significant enough even though she has been buying from this SA for quite a long time. But I would think any history above $5000 should deserve an offer of a requested bag. I know it depends on different SAs. Like a few years back2011,2012 when everyone all wanted bags, the SAs have more choices. Now the sales are down.

Of course, being nice always is the best way to go. But I would not tolerate any unfair treatments.

K, darling there is another option of purchasing a brand new bag from a reseller with a mark-up

that is what i started with when i was so frustrated with the game they play and pregnant - i think being pregnant was what really pushed me off the edge

well, i was living in paris for a year and never scored any b/k/c with all the purchased we made
so the first couple of bs are brand new with mark ups

then i started to shop preloved b and k

i still do purchase from the boutique, mostly impulse purchases coupled with when i have cash with me //i know its so vulgar but i love to carry wads of cash

but i managed to stop myself from a strong impulse when i was in moscow for a lovely ostrich picotin - and the exchange rates were working in my favor also

so at the end of the day, it really depends on what matters to you
i know ladies whom exclusively shop in boutiques because they cannot handle the chances of the goods not being authentic - and i can respect that
i have friends whom also shop from both the boutique and resellers - my go-to SM is not in the same country as i have relocated to so its very different for me now
the major factor for me is that i hate to wait - not that i hate the game they play per se

hope this help provide perspective on my rationales, happy to answer any further questions if i havent already

You are so lovely to comment @Madisonmamaw. Some of the markups are obscene but yes, generally, with patience something comes up. I guess I've just lost my patience. I love the reseller route. Love extending the life of the bag, reusing, reloving. And there are services for piece of mind. But with reds it is hard to know which red so seeing it in person is ideal. However, I have lost more patience with the boutique!

Honestly, I might be wrong. Maybe the $ amount she purchased is not significant enough even though she has been buying from this SA for quite a long time. But I would think any history above $5000 should deserve an offer of a requested bag. I know it depends on different SAs. Like a few years back2011,2012 when everyone all wanted bags, the SAs have more choices. Now the sales are down.

Of course, being nice always is the best way to go. But I would not tolerate any unfair treatments.
Without getting into personal details, I have 'met' the common boutique threshold many years ago. And I'm always friendly and polite, well groomed, carry my other hermes bag with me - n case anyone had a questionable comment about those too. :nono:

Thank you TPFers. So appreciative of the help. Sometimes H can make one :panic: !

and you need a :lecture: or in my case often :bagslap: to knock one back into thinking straight again!

You are so lovely to comment @Madisonmamaw. Some of the markups are obscene but yes, generally, with patience something comes up. I guess I've just lost my patience. I love the reseller route. Love extending the life of the bag, reusing, reloving. And there are services for piece of mind. But with reds it is hard to know which red so seeing it in person is ideal. However, I have lost more patience with the boutique!

definitely i cannot agree more - i do feel like reds are much harder to come by
most of mine are hues of blues

Without getting into personal details, I have 'met' the common boutique threshold many years ago. And I'm always friendly and polite, well groomed, carry my other hermes bag with me - n case anyone had a questionable comment about those too. :nono:

yes i myself have definitely blow past that threshold in multiple boutiques and it gets to a point that the ridiculous mark up isnt that ridiculous after all