Got my Eggplant (no pics yet)

LoriB said:
Well, the thing is...there are other things lingering around my house that I could sell and get the same amount of money that I would get for a bbag. But I would have to put a lot of effort into selling 4-5 items whereas I could easily sell one bag. Decisions, decisions. Also, I could go back to mystery shopping. Before I got this job and I was a sahm, I did mystery shopping for fun and I did earn a little bit of money. Mostly though it was for the perks, like free membership to Sams Club, free prescription sunglasses, etc. Mystery shopping is not a walk in the park, though. There is actually a lot of work involved and you are responsible for paying your own taxes, etc since you are your own boss. Hmmm....I will have to spend a few days thinking all of this over. I'll get pics up as soon as I can, after I get home from work.

Hmm...in that case, keep both your baby(Ink) and your gorgeous new Eggplant, sell the other items in your house and maybe go back to mystery shopping. That sounds like fun. I heard about it before and I've always wanted to try it out. That's like secret shopping, right, and you report back on the CS, etc of the stores you visit?

Mystery shopping works like this....you apply to work for a company. You take tests and training and then you get hired. At that point, you can accept or decline any assignments that they email to you. You can work for several different companies. Each job pays differently. You get a list of things to look out for (friendly greeting, cleanliness of business, etc.) and you have to remember the names and characteristics of each person you deal with. Sometimes you even have to time them. You either go to the bathroom to take notes or take notes out in your car. When you get back home, you get online and fill out forms and answer questions. Most companies pay you once a month with direct deposit. So, I would do a couple of $75 jobs, a $50 job and maybe a couple of really quick cell phone store evaluations for $15-30 each and get a little bit of extra cash deposited into my savings every month. It was fun but there is a lot involved.

LoriB said:
Mystery shopping works like this....you apply to work for a company. You take tests and training and then you get hired. At that point, you can accept or decline any assignments that they email to you. You can work for several different companies. Each job pays differently. You get a list of things to look out for (friendly greeting, cleanliness of business, etc.) and you have to remember the names and characteristics of each person you deal with. Sometimes you even have to time them. You either go to the bathroom to take notes or take notes out in your car. When you get back home, you get online and fill out forms and answer questions. Most companies pay you once a month with direct deposit. So, I would do a couple of $75 jobs, a $50 job and maybe a couple of really quick cell phone store evaluations for $15-30 each and get a little bit of extra cash deposited into my savings every month. It was fun but there is a lot involved.

Very cool! Definitely keep the eggplant, sell the other items you mentioned, and do more mystery shopping. Then, look into selling your other 2 Bbags if you still need more money.