Workplace Got a new job and college denied my degree..

Thanks for the tip. So how do I do that the right way though? I always hear of people doing that, but do I type up something saying he and I spoke on the 27th regarding my degree conferment as listed on my app and have him sign it?

Email should be fine. Make it conversational. Something like "Thanks for taking the time to discuss my degree with me. I will be taking the following steps to ensure that I do in fact receive the degree.

Step 1, 2, 3, etc.

I expect to have this cleared up by X date. I will let you know as soon as this task is complete. Thank you."

Thanks for the tip. So how do I do that the right way though? I always hear of people doing that, but do I type up something saying he and I spoke on the 27th regarding my degree conferment as listed on my app and have him sign it?

Send him an email recapping the conversation. You can say something like

"Thank you for your time yesterday. To ensure I am clear, we discussed X and agreed on Y. Please confirm my understanding is correct."

I suggest you amend your application to reflect the truth - this is the best cover-your-*** move. You can then add proof of degree (i.e. a copy of your diploma) into your file once you get it.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about this issue and she told me that her company CFO (who came in with an acquisition) was fired after background check revealed that he falsified his education. As a result, the company did a background check on all employees and everyone who claimed to have a degree but didn't were immediately fired.

i got confirmation in writing of the conversation I had with the right hand man. I also told him as he was leaving this afternoon that i have an appointment at 8:00 AM with my advisor at the college so he told me no problem and to let him know how it goes and take however long I need to sort it out. He thinks I should be able to appeal it since I have passed all of the core requirements. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well :sweatdrop:

i got confirmation in writing of the conversation I had with the right hand man. I also told him as he was leaving this afternoon that i have an appointment at 8:00 AM with my advisor at the college so he told me no problem and to let him know how it goes and take however long I need to sort it out. He thinks I should be able to appeal it since I have passed all of the core requirements. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well :sweatdrop:

Great news. I'm so glad you're working everything out. Good luck with the appeal.

Awesome, nice work! Good luck getting things sorted out with your adviser!

So it's a new undergrad director who was not aware if the rules regarding swapping classes. I got a C in an elective an A in one I took at community college so she said they'd switch them and it'd satisfy the requirement

Last edited: