Goodbye Tiffany, Hello David...

AStarN20Pearls

Why not? Indulge.
O.G.
Dec 23, 2007
Hi all!

I need some advice.

Recently, I stopped into David Yurman and fell in love with the all silver medium oval link necklace and bracelet set. I already own several pieces of David Yurman and those pieces receive many more compliments than my Tiffany stuff, but none of it is everyday jewelry.

So, I sold all of my Tiffany stuff on eBay, with the exception of my mesh ring, my large Tiffany notes pendant, and my Tiffany keys.

Here is a link to the David Yurman set that I want:
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...t%3Dmedium%2Boval%2Blink%26_requestid%3D22682

Do you all think this set will be a good everyday set?

Dec 4, 2006
I love it! I am so with you...Right now i am Goodbye Tiffany, Hello Lagos and David Yurman. I've gotten two Lagos rings and a Lagos bracelet in the last month. I am BEGGING for a DY ring for Christmas/bday combined. We'll see. Totally go for the set, though. It will be stunning for everyday! Meanwhile, keep your fingers crossed my hubby caves on my DY ring:smile: !!

tillie46

O.G.
Aug 28, 2009
I love it! I am so with you...Right now i am Goodbye Tiffany, Hello Lagos and David Yurman. I've gotten two Lagos rings and a Lagos bracelet in the last month. I am BEGGING for a DY ring for Christmas/bday combined. We'll see. Totally go for the set, though. It will be stunning for everyday! Meanwhile, keep your fingers crossed my hubby caves on my DY ring:smile: !!

Where are you getting your Lagos pieces? Certain T.J.Maxx stores have a great selection. I have quite a collection of Lagos from TJ's, including diamonds. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in getting your DY ring! :yahoo:

Vintage Leather

Bag Lady
O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
The necklace seems a little heavy for every day, but lovely.
I have seen some women wear it every day, mind you.

For me, it is Hello John Hardy!
Although I have to confess, I go in stages. For a few months, I am obsessed with Tiffany's - visit once a week, ect. Then, I get obsessive about Kieselstien-Cord, then David Yurman, then Cartier, then John Hardy - and then I start the cycle all over again. I haven't yet fallen for Lagos, but give me time.
I don't dare sell my jewelry - I'll just have to rebuy it when I switch back to that obsession.

Tillie - what TJ Maxx are you shopping at - is it a runway or a regular store?

Dec 4, 2006
Where are you getting your Lagos pieces? Certain T.J.Maxx stores have a great selection. I have quite a collection of Lagos from TJ's, including diamonds. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in getting your DY ring! :yahoo:

My bracelet was from Saks and both rings I purchased through Von Maur. I am not much of a TJ Maxx shopper - the ones in my area are just not that good unless you can go every week right when the store opens, which I can't. My stepmom, on the other hand knows where to be when and gets me awesome things from there so I am going to have her be on the lookout for me! THanks for the tip!

Dec 4, 2006
Which DY ring do you want? I have the 14mm Albion in Smoky Quartz and I LOVE it! It's a bit too dressy for every day, but I love to wear it when I go out!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I want the hematite split shank albion. My husband told me last night that he ordered my present on Sunday, which was the same day I brought the topic up to him again so just maybe it will happen:P.

smooches

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
I say go for it that necklace is very pretty and to me is perfect for everyday wear.

I have had a long standing relationship w/ David and have gone into Tiffany to check it out but to me the DY pieces have so much more character.

AStarN20Pearls

Why not? Indulge.
O.G.
Dec 23, 2007
I say go for it that necklace is very pretty and to me is perfect for everyday wear.

I have had a long standing relationship w/ David and have gone into Tiffany to check it out but to me the DY pieces have so much more character.

I agree that DY pieces have more character and they aren't as popular as Tiffany, so all of my friends won't have on the same necklace/bracelet set as me.

AStarN20Pearls

Why not? Indulge.
O.G.
Dec 23, 2007
The necklace seems a little heavy for every day, but lovely.
I have seen some women wear it every day, mind you.

For me, it is Hello John Hardy!
Although I have to confess, I go in stages. For a few months, I am obsessed with Tiffany's - visit once a week, ect. Then, I get obsessive about Kieselstien-Cord, then David Yurman, then Cartier, then John Hardy - and then I start the cycle all over again. I haven't yet fallen for Lagos, but give me time.
I don't dare sell my jewelry - I'll just have to rebuy it when I switch back to that obsession.

Tillie - what TJ Maxx are you shopping at - is it a runway or a regular store?

I'm not familiar with Kieselstien-Cord and doubt there is anything in Cartier I can afford. Please don't make me google either, I don't need something else to add to my LIST!!!!