Gold chain for small pouchette

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. However, I have a very strong allergy against nickel. Are these chains nickel-free? And is there any information about long-term use (discoloration or similar)?

I would never wear a real LV bag with a chain from ebay!!!!!! That's not classy for me.
I consider myself somewhat classy (but I don't walk around telling people I'm classy) and I have several chains from rebirthday on ebay. I find it convenient that they come in varying lengths and mine have held up as well as the metals on my LV bags. If you don't care that they are not LV, that's all that matters. I don't wear LV clothing when I carry my LV bags, and the LV cops have not yet arrested me for using non LV chains on my bags and non LV Kleenix in my bags.

I consider myself somewhat classy (but I don't walk around telling people I'm classy) and I have several chains from rebirthday on ebay. I find it convenient that they come in varying lengths and mine have held up as well as the metals on my LV bags. If you don't care that they are not LV, that's all that matters. I don't wear LV clothing when I carry my LV bags, and the LV cops have not yet arrested me for using non LV chains on my bags and non LV Kleenix in my bags.

Agreed - the chains are excellent quality which in my view is what counts. I have had many compliments about them also.

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. However, I have a very strong allergy against nickel. Are these chains nickel-free? And is there any information about long-term use (discoloration or similar)?

I brought mine on a recent trip and wore it with my Mini Pochette for about 3 days straight (bare shoulders with sunscreen on) and noticed the chain has discoloured where it sits against my shoulder. It is now a gross gray/silver instead of gold so I threw it out.

For the price I guess we can't expect much more but I'm interested to hear if anyone else has had this happen!?

Thanks for sharing.

:roflmfao: making that statement was not classy either. i can't wait to get mine!

I brought mine on a recent trip and wore it with my Mini Pochette for about 3 days straight (bare shoulders with sunscreen on) and noticed the chain has discoloured where it sits against my shoulder. It is now a gross gray/silver instead of gold so I threw it out.

For the price I guess we can't expect much more but I'm interested to hear if anyone else has had this happen!?

maybe the metal reacted to the contact with the sunscreen! :thinking:

It's possible the sunscreen wore the gold coating away!

So maybe a good tip for everyone is to not let the chains come into contact with sunscreen/lotions. Otherwise I was happy with the quality and look of the chain.

So maybe a good tip for everyone is to not let the chains come into contact with sunscreen/lotions. Otherwise I was happy with the quality and look of the chain.

so noted! thank you. :smile: i always make sure i don't have any kind of lotion/creams on my hand when using my LV's ( or any bag!) because of the vachetta but i probably would not have thought about it with the chain!!