Gold Birkin with GHW or SHW?

PHW! I have a Gold 35cm B with PHW and love it! I always receive tons of compliments when using it as it is so versatile, can be dressy or casual really. I also have a Black B with GHW and it is simply fabulous with GHW. So, as others have said, you can't go wrong with either HW. Good luck deciding!

I agree with the previous posters. You can't go wrong with either but it depends on the vibe you're looking for. I mix and match hardware all the time so it wouldn't matter to me but personally I like PHW (though my B and K both have GHW!)

I prefer PHW. Gold is a casual , modern-looking color and IMO PHW just helps set that off. I have a gold B and a gold K, both with PHW. Gold is still pretty with GHW but it's a little less striking to me. A gold B is not en evening bag, so you don't have to really think about day to night.
I also don't like mixing metals.

I think in general you're going to hear everyone's personal HW preference, so in reality you should just make a call as to which you will use more.

I have PHW on my gold 35. At first I thought I liked the gold better but theres something about the palladium playing off the contrast stitching that made me fall in love with it.

(also helps I happen to wear more silver and white gold jewelry which was a plus)

I agree that ghw is elegant and beautiful. And phw/shw is modern and sporty. Based on your feedbacks, ghw is preferred.

I'm going to mull over this bit more and make a decision soon. 🤔

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts!!! Xoxoxo[emoji8][emoji8][emoji8][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Last edited:
Hello ladies - I'm indecisive as to which hardware to get on a Gold Birkin, SHW or GHW. I think GHW looks more elegant but I also like the SHW/PHW, too. Most of the jewelry I wear is white gold. I don't mine mixing metals and I understand that it's a personal preference. I have black and etoupe with GHW so one of my gf said to get a SHW on another neutral bag. Thoughts???

TIA!!![emoji8]

My Birkin 30 gold Togo has PHW and I'd change for GHW if I could, it's warmer and looks more luxurious but that's just my taste. But I agree with Togo PHW looks very modern, as a classic choice Epsom GHW would be my preference nowadays.