Going to Paris in July - best places to buy handbags?

Keep an eye out for Karine Dupont and La Bagagerie - made in France (at least they were two years ago) and they're good, solid and reasonably priced (IIRC, the bags I bought from them were each under 200€). I bought my Karine Dupont at La Samaritaine (which I understand is closed for renovations ... pity, since it was my favorite of the grandes magasins), but I remember seeing the brand at Lafayette and/or Printemps, and there is a boutique at 16 rue de Cherche-Midi, in the 6th. La Bagagerie is also at the grandes magasins and has several boutiques in town.

I'm not into labels; my perfect bag is European-made, versatile and (more or less) timeless ... and impossible to find in the U.S.! I bought my Drapé/Charlotte/24 Heures in my avatar in May 2005 at the Darel boutique in Nice, and it's by far my favorite bag. If Darel makes one in purple, my life will be complete! :heart:

I'm actually going to be in Paris for a weekend in late July ... Saturday is my big shopping day; hopefully Sunday I will find a spot on the Champs to watch the end of Le Tour, and Monday morning will be last-minute stuff at Lafayette & Printemps before I fly home. So keep the suggestions coming!

And finally - a question: Do stores start closing up for vacances in late July, or is it more in August?

I'll be in Paris too, in July!!! My first trip in years! I already have a black Gerard Darel 24-Heures which I adore. I was thinking of a LV wallet...? Will that be cheaper in Paris? Can someone from France tell me? And give me a price of a LV wallet? The euro equals 1.34 dollars.
If you want some LV goodies you should definitely go to the LV on Champs Ellysee. It's one of the biggests.

you can get 10% discount card at printemps too just ask for a discount card for tourist its in the first for.you can use this card to have 10%discount in many brand.You need your passport to get this card and when you want to use this card ^_^

Have a nice trip!