Go Kelly Go!!!

So excited to add this vintage Kelly 35 to my collection! This beauty was made in 1998, the same year my husband and I were married. :heart: I have never had a bag in either Gulliver or Swift so I'm a little concerned about scratching. I will say the the bag is in great shape for it's age. A little corner wear and a couple scratches. I am choosing to look at that as a good thing and that just like me, she has been around the block a few times. ;)

hermes kelly 35.jpg

So excited to add this vintage Kelly 35 to my collection! This beauty was made in 1998, the same year my husband and I were married. :heart: I have never had a bag in either Gulliver or Swift so I'm a little concerned about scratching. I will say the the bag is in great shape for it's age. A little corner wear and a couple scratches. I am choosing to look at that as a good thing and that just like me, she has been around the block a few times. ;)

View attachment 5317096
Oh wow that's beautiful - congratulations!

Swift is hardier than some people say it is, especially when it has developed a nice patina like your vintage K. Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: BreezyE and 880

View attachment 5317096
Oh I LOVE this! Is this Havane? The stitching looks natural and is confusing me! Either way, Swift is, as @bagnut1 says, hardier than you think.

It is Havane! The stitching is almost pink. It's one of the things I loved about the bag. Thank you for the reassurance again on swift. :smile:

Close up of stitching :heart:
View attachment 5318093
After more research (you would think I would have done so first) I found this reference to the contrast stitching " Authentic Kelly in Havane Gulliver with the contrast beige rose stitching." Also mine is Gulliver not Swift. Hopefully it will wear the same.

After more research (you would think I would have done so first) I found this reference to the contrast stitching " Authentic Kelly in Havane Gulliver with the contrast beige rose stitching." Also mine is Gulliver not Swift. Hopefully it will wear the same.
That's so interesting! I always thought that stitch might have been Acajou.

Reactions: coloradolvr
It is Havane! The stitching is almost pink. It's one of the things I loved about the bag. Thank you for the reassurance again on swift. :smile:

Close up of stitching :heart:
View attachment 5318093
This is so unusual and pretty, perhaps the stitch is only used for Swift. My Havanne Kelly in Chèvre from 2006 has tone on tone stitching. It was my very first and I got it at Christmas from Hermes Madrid. Congrats!

That's so interesting! I always thought that stitch might have been Acajou.
Adding: my local craftsman tells me Gulliver Havane came with Acajou stitching, same as early Raisin. (I was showing him pictures of the K32 I owned for a weekend, which is similar to the OPs bag (it was sold to me as Raisin so I returned it, although I have since regretted that).

Adding: my local craftsman tells me Gulliver Havane came with Acajou stitching, same as early Raisin. (I was showing him pictures of the K32 I owned for a weekend, which is similar to the OPs bag (it was sold to me as Raisin so I returned it, although I have since regretted that).
That is interesting. It's really hard to tell which mine is. I was told Beige Rose, but it could be either. Thank you for sharing that!

Reactions: QuelleFromage

View attachment 5317096

Beautiful Kelly @coloradolvr, and this shade and leather type makes it look even more fantastic in its vintage, "broken in" condition.

• Love
Hello Kelly Experts, i saw this bag in a consignment shop and was wondering if the forward slouch can be corrected with stuffing the bag properly

Attachments

• F341FDE1-8A8C-4182-802E-FABB253474D3.jpeg
    F341FDE1-8A8C-4182-802E-FABB253474D3.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 49