GiGi New York

I emailed Gigi inquiring about the Made in xxx for my bags. I got a prompt reply that the bags I bought were all made in the Long Island factory.
I was also told that the mini Taylors are made in the US and also some overseas (China I guess) and that if there's no tag it was made in the US

I would have liked a made in NY one! So now we know why there are no tags. [emoji106]

I love their products, kept my satchel but have issues with their ordering. I ordered two SLGs and a tote with their recent sale. The SLGs ended up being not in stock after being in contact with them. Just disappointed with their customer service as this issue still isn't resolved and their inventory system isn't up to date. As much as I wanted to support them I'm going to refrain from ordering and try to find another local company.

I have a Madison crossbody and I missed the made in tag the first time around (turned out to be Made in China). I'm not with my bag right now but I think the tag on that is a thin and soft plastic strip, a bit transparent. It's in one of the side stitchings if I recall correctly. I ordered the mini Taylor too from the recent sale too, but I'm overseas so I have yet to receive the bag. I'm happy to hear you like yours!!
How do you like your Madison bag?

How do you like your Madison bag?

I actually like the bag a lot. It's held up pretty well, though really, minr's been very lightly and gently used. I like the leather on it. The only issue I have with it, could be just a personal preference, is the light creasing of the leather near the zipper. I think it is bound to happen especially if you pull the opening wide. Maybe they should have used padding on it?
IMG_1474787532.449740.jpg

Reactions: Stephanieg218
I actually like the bag a lot. It's held up pretty well, though really, minr's been very lightly and gently used. I like the leather on it. The only issue I have with it, could be just a personal preference, is the light creasing of the leather near the zipper. I think it is bound to happen especially if you pull the opening wide. Maybe they should have used padding on it?
View attachment 3475580
Thank you! Beautiful bag! I think the creasing is normal for a leather bag in this shape of bag because I've seen it in other brands with the same style.

Reactions: msd_bags
Anyone order anything in the summer sale?
I took a short hiatus from my 'bag ban' and ordered another Claire clutch and a Charlie tote, both goatskin. So sturdy.
I normally don't like foldover clutches but the flap has a nice cutout that makes it easy to get inside.
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 6.13.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 6.14.29 PM.png