Giada di Laurentiis' diamond necklace.. ID please?

frannita

O.G.
Jul 30, 2006
giadaheadshot.jpg

It almost looks like she has 3 solitaire pendants in different lengths. She wears this all the time and I have been longing for it. Anybody know who makes this? Or where I can find something similar? Or should I just buy 3 solitaire pendants?:upsidedown:

TIA!

I wonder if hers is 3 seperate necklaces? because the top necklace looks to be yellow gold, & the other 2 are white gold!
Plus, the top diamond is round, middle is princess, & bottom is oval shaped.
They all look to be approx 1 carat each, so this would be very expensive to replicate.
Perhaps one per year.....??? lol

I'm pretty sure her necklaces are from Elsa Peretti's Diamonds by the Yard in varying lengths, gold colors and sizes...I used to be obsessed with "Everday Italian" and Food Network for that matter, lol even went to her book signing and interviewed Dave Lieberman for a journalism class ;) I remember researching her necklaces because I loved them too, that and all of the cookware she uses on her show!

I could be wrong but at least it's a close match...I hope this helps!

Edit: I also think they look a little distorted in the picture above because I think they are all indeed the same shape...again, could be wrong but upon watching episodes and episodes, that's my conclusion lol...

Here's a clearer photo, you can zoom in

gdl2.jpg

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP00436&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+5-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+diamonds+by+the+yard&search=1

Its beuatiful the way she wears it/them. I just had my jeweler replicate the Tiffany bezel style setting for a round diamond. If you must have this design, I'd encourage you to skip Tiffany becuase you can get the same look for much, much less!

IT does look like it is three separate necklaces, but I am wondering if they are all joined at the back by the same clasp. I'd imagine it would be hard not to get them tangled if they were just laying one on top of each other at the back of the neck. I'd assume there is a "master clasp" that has three jump rings on either side, and the chains attach there. They could very well be tiffany... as this probably would be a standard modification.

IT does look like it is three separate necklaces, but I am wondering if they are all joined at the back by the same clasp. I'd imagine it would be hard not to get them tangled if they were just laying one on top of each other at the back of the neck. I'd assume there is a "master clasp" that has three jump rings on either side, and the chains attach there. They could very well be tiffany... as this probably would be a standard modification.

I was thinking the same thing. Three necklaces would likely be a mess and get jumbled together.

How funny you post this...I was obsessed with her necklaces. They look like Tiffany & Co diamonds by the yard. I actually got them, 3 separtate ones and got them shortened different lengths to look like Giada's. Mine are 18K yellow gold. I love them. My diamonds aren't as big as hers though..lol

It is possible that she had custom soddering (I have no idea how to spell that) done so that the necklaces are attached and do not twist. Every time I wear multiple necklaces, it turns out to be a giant knotty mess.

OMG I didn't even realize the three diamonds were different shapes!

Thank you ladies! I will probably end up having my jeweler make solitaires for me eventually. I've had the Elsa Peretti one on my wishlist for the longest time but still think it's too expensive :P

On a sidenote.. jessi I'm totally jealous you got to interview Dave Lieberman! What was he like? Lol!

OMG I didn't even realize the three diamonds were different shapes!

Thank you ladies! I will probably end up having my jeweler make solitaires for me eventually. I've had the Elsa Peretti one on my wishlist for the longest time but still think it's too expensive :P

On a sidenote.. jessi I'm totally jealous you got to interview Dave Lieberman! What was he like? Lol!

I think that they definitely are not different shapes (take a look at the photo I posted and zoom in).

As for Dave...well, he was a bit antsy, lol. He came to the interview on roller blades and insisted that we conduct the interview outside on steps in the sunlight...nice atmosphere but a little hard to sit on the stairs, write, keep my papers from flying away, and hold a recorder at the same time.

When we eventually got kicked off the stairs by a doorman, we sat at a table at Starbucks and he couldn't sit still, lol I think at one point he almost knocked the table over!

But the fidgeting aside, he was very friendly and nice...and cute ;) I still have the interview on my recorder :heart:

They are beautiful...but actually I think it's better if there are 3 separate necklaces. DH bought me a similar necklace (smaller diamonds) once...I wore it for about a week - they were all on 1 clasp. Every time I wore it, those things twisted around ON my neck and got terribly tangled...we took it back and got a totally different design!

wow I have been wanting this information forever LOL! Thanks girls, I might have to start with *one* and work my way up to three....I would say they are the same shape diamond just different gold variations.

I love Giada and her necklace/necklases. I do agree that the top one appears to be yellow gold while the others look white. If they are three different necklaces, it would be easy to clip them all together in the back.