Getting my first Balenciaga bag - city or town???

city! the town has a limited space.. I was thinking about it to. If you're looking for space that you can put your stuff, id say city. I really wanted the crossbody bag. But the city has much more space. I can put my make up bag, big wallet, miscellaneous pouch and a bottled water. I still have a lot of space. Velo is a combo of city plus more space and the crossbody bag but narrower and deeper. :graucho:

So I've been researching these bags like crazy and I can't decide which to get! And I've ruled out the Velo because its just too big for me. I typically own satchels with a cross body strap which is why I am thinking about getting the town. However the City is such a classic bag and I love the shape but I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of the shoulder strap. Unfortunately do not live near a store so I cant try any on. My other dilemma is whether I should get the bleu mineral or bleut? Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And I am planning to get the classic style for whichever I choose.
I have both. I use the City more often, as it definitely fits a lot more. I love that I can throw an extra pair of shoes in it. It is my workhorse bag, and I carry it to work often. FYI, though, I use the shoulder strap only for a minute here and there when I need both hands. I usually use the top handles and think most people carry the City that way. It may be that I'm used to hobo shoulder bags or bags with much shorter shoulder straps that fit snug against my body when I carry them on my shoulder. The City isn't like that--the shoulder strap is sort of an awkward length for me and I usually feel like it isn't securely on my shoulder when I carry it that way.

I have a Blue Mineral Town and adore it, but I use it mainly on weekends and nights out. I think the crossbody strap has been shortened and made adjustable in recent seasons. I am 5'4" and my 2013 Town is the perfect crossbody bag--it falls exactly in the right place. BM is also the perfect color IMHO.

Here are pictures of both (sorry, no modeling pic of the Town)-

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...ags-pictures-only-37346-367.html#post24531935

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...own-the-town-club-573845-17.html#post24518745

Good luck deciding!

I own a city..

Had a town and sold it cos its small and the strap was long..

City is versatile... could fit a4 files and is a good bag for dad to day use and shopping traveling..the classic look...

I have a Gris Tarmac City and a blue mineral Town. I really like my Town, but I LOVE my City! It's one of my most used, most loved bags. I'm thinking of getting one in black, which makes me wish I had gotten my Town in black, so I could switch the straps and wear the City cross-body,

Really, the only thing I'd change about the City is the strap -- I do wish it was longer/adjustable. Then it would be perfect.

And don't worry about the City looking too big. It does smoosh and squish and mold to your body, so it fits a lot but doesn't look at all big and boxy. I'm 5'6 and it's not too big on me at all. I also can't do the Velo because it's too deep for me to be user-friendly.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I'm still torn! I don't carry a ton (wallet, iphone, water, protein bar, small case, and a few random things here and there) so I am not sure if the City would be too roomy for me or not. This will be the main bag I use for everything (work, shopping, going out, etc) so I want to make sure I don't get something too huge or too small, and is comfortable in every situation. I've had several Coach bags in the past few years and they usually size around 9x13 in. The quality has been really bad for several of them and I haven't really "loved" any of them, which is why I figured it would be best to just invest in a quality bag that I will love for years.

I love the Bleu Mineral but I've read several posts about the leather quality. Does everyone seem to be having this problem with the color? It also looks more faded veiny than their other bags (at least in the stock photos).

Also, is the Bluet more of a periwinkle color? It looks like a cobalt blue online which is why I was so drawn to it.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. I'm still torn! I don't carry a ton (wallet, iphone, water, protein bar, small case, and a few random things here and there) so I am not sure if the City would be too roomy for me or not. This will be the main bag I use for everything (work, shopping, going out, etc) so I want to make sure I don't get something too huge or too small, and is comfortable in every situation. I've had several Coach bags in the past few years and they usually size around 9x13 in. The quality has been really bad for several of them and I haven't really "loved" any of them, which is why I figured it would be best to just invest in a quality bag that I will love for years.

I love the Bleu Mineral but I've read several posts about the leather quality. Does everyone seem to be having this problem with the color? It also looks more faded veiny than their other bags (at least in the stock photos).

Also, is the Bluet more of a periwinkle color? It looks like a cobalt blue online which is why I was so drawn to it.

I agree that 9x13 (or even 8x12) is a great size! The City is 10x15, but I have to say it does not feel huge at all! Because the leather is so smooshy and soft, the bag collapses down and seems much smaller. But it still holds a lot, which is why I love it. Very versatile.

And re. your question about blue mineral, my Town is in that color and the leather is fabulous, very thick and soft. I got it from HG Bags and specifically requested a thick, soft, non-distressed leather. Erica did not let me down!

I do think that if there is any way you can try on the bags ahead of time, you should do that, even if it means ordering from a department store and then returning them if you don't like them. It's just too hard to make a decision on Bals strictly from photos, more so than with other brands, I think.

I agree that 9x13 (or even 8x12) is a great size! The City is 10x15, but I have to say it does not feel huge at all! Because the leather is so smooshy and soft, the bag collapses down and seems much smaller. But it still holds a lot, which is why I love it. Very versatile.

And re. your question about blue mineral, my Town is in that color and the leather is fabulous, very thick and soft. I got it from HG Bags and specifically requested a thick, soft, non-distressed leather. Erica did not let me down!

I do think that if there is any way you can try on the bags ahead of time, you should do that, even if it means ordering from a department store and then returning them if you don't like them. It's just too hard to make a decision on Bals strictly from photos, more so than with other brands, I think.

Thanks! Is the bleu mineral really dark or lighter? In some photos it looks almost navy blue, while in others it looks in between a medium blue and navy. Even on two stock photos of the same exact bag it looked completely different!

I have both. I use the City more often, as it definitely fits a lot more. I love that I can throw an extra pair of shoes in it. It is my workhorse bag, and I carry it to work often. FYI, though, I use the shoulder strap only for a minute here and there when I need both hands. I usually use the top handles and think most people carry the City that way. It may be that I'm used to hobo shoulder bags or bags with much shorter shoulder straps that fit snug against my body when I carry them on my shoulder. The City isn't like that--the shoulder strap is sort of an awkward length for me and I usually feel like it isn't securely on my shoulder when I carry it that way.

I have a Blue Mineral Town and adore it, but I use it mainly on weekends and nights out. I think the crossbody strap has been shortened and made adjustable in recent seasons. I am 5'4" and my 2013 Town is the perfect crossbody bag--it falls exactly in the right place. BM is also the perfect color IMHO.

Here are pictures of both (sorry, no modeling pic of the Town)-

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...ags-pictures-only-37346-367.html#post24531935

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...own-the-town-club-573845-17.html#post24518745

Good luck deciding!

Thanks for the links! I love both of those bags! I will probably mostly carry the city on my shoulder. I always try to carry satchels on my arm but get my hands full and throw them on my shoulders, which is why I am so concerned with that shoulder strap, hence going back and forth between the town and city.

Is the bleu mineral as dark as pictured? I am leaning more toward it after looking for hours on here at photos between it and the bleut. The bleut almost seems to have grey and purple undertones, even though it looks like a bright cobalt in the stock photos.

Thanks! Is the bleu mineral really dark or lighter? In some photos it looks almost navy blue, while in others it looks in between a medium blue and navy. Even on two stock photos of the same exact bag it looked completely different!

I would say its between a royal and a navy. Everytime I see photos of BM that look dark, they surprise me because my bag is much brighter. I'd call it a dark royal blue, if that makes sense? More of a jewel tone than navy.

Petunia, the BM is a total chameleon color. In dim light it looks navy, but in sunlight and brighter light it looks different. I love that about it. I like more color during the day, but I can also carry it easily at night with a black dress etc.

Hi! I actually own all three-city, town, and Velo, and I'm a petite person (5'0, 103 pounds.) I started with the town, which is great, but too small for lugging around all the things I need during the day (iPad ipad mini, toys, wallets, etc.) So I use the Velo or the city for daily needs (I can just about get everything into the city) and use the town when I am running errands that don't require so much stuff. But all of these three bags are awesome! If I had to chose, I'd go for the city, Velo, and then town.

Is the shoulder strap on the city comfortable? I walk at least 1-2 miles a day to and from work so it's essential I have something that stays on my shoulder comfortably - which is why I was considering the town crossbody in the first place. If only the city had a long shoulder strap my problems would be solved! And velo is not an option for me. It's just too big. And I typically don't carry a ton. If the town could hold a water bottle, protein bar, wallet, phone, and sometimes an ipad, I"d be content, but from the sounds of it from you guys it would be overly stuffed? I'm also still deciding between the bleut and blue mineral.

They are both great bags. Town is great for hands free, and looks great as a cross body. City I think looks great hand held or on the shoulder. Town looks less impressive hand held, IMO. City holds more, and for your height, I think city should not overwhelm you. Blue mineral in person is really pretty. I usually stay away from colorful bags. But I am even tempted to get Blue Mineral. Both straps are comfy. I totally agree with you about the Velo!! Good luck on your decision!!