Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

My garden is all dry and horrible :lol: really in need of some decent rain, but the astrantia I bought in June is flowering :happydance: I’ve kept watering it to try and ensure it gets established. (Cat isn’t helping much by digging plants up, another foxglove has bitten the dust :facepalm:)

View attachment 4186233

I don’t think that I have seen astrantia before, Pessie. It is lovely!

I actually LOVE to do fall cleaning myself as well. I have this Ego rechargeable leaf blower that could put a gas blower into shame!!! It gives me a great workout as well. I also LOVE cutting things called pruning haha. I love the act of cutting to get rid of the unsightlies and molding things into what I love...Edward Scissorhands?:biggrin: Plus the money I save can go to more purses!!!!!! :P
Years ago, I taught a neighbor friend how to trim all her front yard bushes by doing it for her. Since then she's been keeping them looking tidy and neat by herself!
Ha:lol:You are SO cute Sunshine :sunshine: Mama!! Yay you on being a garden DIY’r!! Me thinks you have laid down the gauntlet for me to stick to my words/keep my commitment to doing it all by myself! I’m not a good pruner w/ my shrubs so I really need to review in my garden books or google because I’m terrified of messing up things like my hydrangeas. Your neighbor is so lucky to have you & your knowledge & skills! And yes, the money saved in doing it myself will be the major icing on the cake!:drinks::hugs:

My garden is all dry and horrible :lol: really in need of some decent rain, but the astrantia I bought in June is flowering :happydance: I’ve kept watering it to try and ensure it gets established. (Cat isn’t helping much by digging plants up, another foxglove has bitten the dust :facepalm:)

View attachment 4186233
Oh Pessie I wish I could send you rain! I LOVE astrantia’s....had them at our former house & you just inspired me to buy some for next year! But come on now, you can’t be mad at your sweet kitty right?!:biggrin::lol:

Ha:lol:You are SO cute Sunshine :sunshine: Mama!! Yay you on being a garden DIY’r!! Me thinks you have laid down the gauntlet for me to stick to my words/keep my commitment to doing it all by myself! I’m not a good pruner w/ my shrubs so I really need to review in my garden books or google because I’m terrified of messing up things like my hydrangeas. Your neighbor is so lucky to have you & your knowledge & skills! And yes, the money saved in doing it myself will be the major icing on the cake!:drinks::hugs:
I don't do hydrangeas! Too scared!:eek::lol:

Reactions: Miss_Dawn and Evia
Oh Pessie I wish I could send you rain! I LOVE astrantia’s....had them at our former house & you just inspired me to buy some for next year! But come on now, you can’t be mad at your sweet kitty right?!:biggrin::lol:
I wasn’t too chuffed I must admit :annoyed: :amazed:;)

:roflmfao: I get it!!! I’ll let you know how it goes. Last year we didn’t prune any of the hydrangeas & they did really well this year but I can tell they need some pruning & thinning out now. Eek SCARED is right:amazed:
Maybe don’t do all of them at once? Or would that look too odd?

View attachment 4186233

SQUEEEEEE!!! YAY!!!!! Someone in here finally decided to grow one of my favorites that I can’t grow. SO EXCITED to see that fairy flower in your garden! I hope she continues to do well. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji122]

SQUEEEEEE!!! YAY!!!!! Someone in here finally decided to grow one of my favorites that I can’t grow. SO EXCITED to see that fairy flower in your garden! I hope she continues to do well. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji122]
Aw :biggrin: I didn’t realise you couldn’t grow these. I’ll try and take a better picture, I love how the stamens project and make the flowers very 3D. I’m happy it’s survived the drought, and finally (hooray) we had a decent downpour of rain last night. I think the plants will hoover it up!

I've never seen you squeal in delight like this before. I'm happy for you!:hugs::hugs::yes:

Sooo beautiful!!!

^see the wisteria fairly close up...what a treat! They’re beautiful flowers.

^love the blue grass behind the yellow rose. That color combo is stunning. So fun that you get to share in your neighbor’s gardening. Your hydrangea is looking gorgeous!

Colours are beautiful, lilac and gold, you always take lovely pictures!

View attachment 4186233

Gorgeous photos. roundandround!

The passion flower is a stunner!

These are SOOOOO STUNNING r&r! I’m always jealous of your wisteria!! :P:hugs::loveeyes::love::hbeat:

Thanks ladies :hugs:

:roflmfao: I get it!!! I’ll let you know how it goes. Last year we didn’t prune any of the hydrangeas & they did really well this year but I can tell they need some pruning & thinning out now. Eek SCARED is right:amazed:

Yes pruning hydrangea is quite challenging sometimes. 2 bushes didn't come to bloom this summer:facepalm: