Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Thank you!!! It’s so beautiful! The tree with the American flag is especially picturesque. [emoji173]️[emoji260][emoji7][emoji8]

The fourth pic: those are red maples, right? I think those are my favorite. They turn the best orange & red shades.
You are most welcome my friend!! Yes I believe they are indeed Maples in pic 4. Meant to comment on 2nd from bottom pic, that is the sun poking thru, which i thought looked pretty cool how it came out.:hugs::flowers:

You are most welcome my friend!! Yes I believe they are indeed Maples in pic 4. Meant to comment on 2nd from bottom pic, that is the sun poking thru, which i thought looked pretty cool how it came out.:hugs::flowers:
^it’s a great pic! You’re so sweet to think of me. :hugs:

i have posted the blooms of the Screw Pine, Pandanus before. This year there are many.
^the blooms are cool! I don’t even notice these plants unless the leaves poke me. I need to see if mine are blooming too.

^the blooms are cool! I don’t even notice these plants unless the leaves poke me. I need to see if mine are blooming too.
:smooch:.....i was happy to see this "family" yesterday as i was walking/jogging....i have a feeling it could definitely be THE "Roundie 1 & 2" baby ducklings born earlier this summer; the ones i was obsessed with! Haven't seen them for months & really missed seeing them grow up. Migration will soon start so maybe they came back to the park for 1 last Hoorah?!!

Attachments

• IMG_6893.JPG
    IMG_6893.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 51

I almost missed mine too. I just looked up and noticed that it was blooming. A few more days and the blooms would not have looked as full.

:smooch:.....i was happy to see this "family" yesterday as i was walking/jogging....i have a feeling it could definitely be THE "Roundie 1 & 2" baby ducklings born earlier this summer; the ones i was obsessed with! Haven't seen them for months & really missed seeing them grow up. Migration will soon start so maybe they came back to the park for 1 last Hoorah?!!

I hope it’s the Roundie family, Kendie!

I hope it’s them! What a gorgeous picture.

It's definitely the roundies :yahoo:

It's definitely the roundies :yahoo:
@frick&frack @Mimmy
Ha, i love all of you & your enthusiasm over the RoundIE ducklings!! Hope all is wonderful w/ everyone! Here's a nice little berry bush (a fab feast for the birds) & my last flush of roses (pardon the lovely weed next to my Buddha statue!:amazed::lol:)
Happy weekend y'all!:hugs::drinks:

Attachments

• IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6928.JPG
    IMG_6928.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6929.JPG
    IMG_6929.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 46
@frick&frack @Mimmy
Ha, i love all of you & your enthusiasm over the RoundIE ducklings!! Hope all is wonderful w/ everyone! Here's a nice little berry bush (a fab feast for the birds) & my last flush of roses (pardon the lovely weed next to my Buddha statue!:amazed::lol:)

Lovely photos, Kendie! It’s beginning to look like Fall! [emoji268] [emoji262] [emoji260]

You all may remember my Hurricane Irma coconut.
IMG_1508624609.366035.jpg
IMG_1508624661.917052.jpgIMG_1508624676.229678.jpgIMG_1508624688.169871.jpg
Mr Mimmy spent part of his childhood in Africa, so he had experience in removing the husk. He helped me peel it too. [emoji3]
IMG_1508624919.146738.jpg
IMG_1508624928.816441.jpg
I flaked and toasted the coconut. I kept it simple and made some coconut Rice Krispies Treats. [emoji39]

I still have quite a bit of flaked coconut left. Now that I have some experience using fresh coconut, I plan to make coconut and panko crusted shrimp. [emoji494]

I also took a plate of my treats to my neighbors whose cat passed away in the hurricane shelter. It was perfect timing as they said that they were trying to find something sweet to eat.

Thank you all for letting me go off topic a bit, but I wanted to give you some follow up on my coconut.

View attachment 3858725
View attachment 3858729View attachment 3858730View attachment 3858731
Mr Mimmy spent part of his childhood in Africa, so he had experience in removing the husk. He helped me peel it too. [emoji3]
View attachment 3858738
View attachment 3858740
I flaked and toasted the coconut. I kept it simple and made some coconut Rice Krispies Treats. [emoji39]

I still have quite a bit of flaked coconut left. Now that I have some experience using fresh coconut, I plan to make coconut and panko crusted shrimp. [emoji494]

I also took a plate of my treats to my neighbors whose cat passed away in the hurricane shelter. It was perfect timing as they said that they were trying to find something sweet to eat.

Thank you all for letting me go off topic a bit, but I wanted to give you some follow up on my coconut.
Yayyyy for Mimmy's coconut and F&F's yoghurt!
Thank you for sharing.
The treats look delicious.
What a garden of Eden you have :flowers:

@frick&frack @Mimmy
^what a nice treat to have some more roses! Birds love the berries. I bet this is a great time for bird watching in your garden.

^yummy! My favorite thing is to eat the meat right out of the shell. I’ve never toasted fresh coconut. I’ve never had enough left to try it. Hehe.

So kind of you to share with your neighbors, & what perfect timing.

Yayyyy for Mimmy's coconut and F&F's yoghurt!
Thank you for sharing.
The treats look delicious.
What a garden of Eden you have :flowers:
Thank you, Miss_Dawn!
^what a nice treat to have some more roses! Birds love the berries. I bet this is a great time for bird watching in your garden.

^yummy! My favorite thing is to eat the meat right out of the shell. I’ve never toasted fresh coconut. I’ve never had enough left to try it. Hehe.

So kind of you to share with your neighbors, & what perfect timing.
The coconut meat was quite tasty; when I was researching recipes, most of them said to toast the coconut in the oven. It also gives it a nice flavor.

I am glad that I took my neighbors some treats too!