Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Awesome Frimmettes drink @Kendie26 :giggle:

I'm still in France. Coming home soon :frown: Back to work tomorrow :crybaby:

Anyways, I saw this charming stone bench covered in flowers (clematis?) and it was charming so I took a picture for the Frimmettes. Here are a few garden themed pictures for you. :flowers::drinks:

Attachments

• IMG_8344.JPG
    IMG_8344.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8345.JPG
    IMG_8345.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8346.JPG
    IMG_8346.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8347.JPG
    IMG_8347.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 71
Your garden is looking awesome @Kendie26

Look at those roses :tup: The pink one does match my "lipstick fuchsia" bag. LOL :giggle:

And Mr Bambizilla is playing it cool. Left the missus and twins at home and went for a wander! :graucho:
HAHAHA:lol::lol::lol:that's so funny!! Mr Bambi/Bambizilla was strutting his stuff all alone in that field! Your pics are amazing as usual. Looks like you had an absolutely STELLAR, well-deserved birthday trip! Yay you & Mr. Dawn!:drinks::drinks:

Went to grandma's today!
^yay! I have the same bromeliad in my garden. Your grandma's birds of paradise look great, & I used to have that coleus too. [emoji6]

Your grandma is an expert gardener.

More from grandma's.
^so pretty! I don't know what the white flowers are, but I think the purple is a crepe myrtle.

I'm so behind posting more garden goodies ladies, sorry about that:P

Scarce Westeria blooms (second time blooming).
The lonely yellow Daisy planted by the eversweet DH:love:
Pink Dianthus
Still a beautiful sight, this simple looking butterfly :love::hbeat:
^I'm so excited that you posted these! I was just talking to my mom & aunt at dinner about your garden & your wisteria specifically (mom loves it). Now I can show them your pics.

DH is such a sweetheart to get involved in your hobby. I don't know which I love more: the pink flowers or the silver foliage of your dianthus. Mr. Butterfly is quite elegant. We're so lucky you were able to get a pic of him. I tried to get pics of butterflies in my garden on Sunday, but they didn't stay still long enough.

:wave:Friends....warning = picture heavy!
Just got back inside from feeding koi at the pond. The big bad nasty Blue Heron was stalking them & flew off as he heard me walking towards pond. Luckily all 13 koi are accounted for. They really become like little outdoor pets for us. Here's a pic of those dainty white flowers w/ the koi in background. As i did weeding & cleanup this past weekend, i had to cut back a lot of the pond perimeter plants:crybaby:as it was looking very messy.
Next is my favorite color rose...like @Miss_Dawn pretty new birthday purse!! This one is in good shape BUT, look at the new flush of yellow roses....Japanese beetle is happy but the roses are not. This must be main reason why our roses have suffered this year.
Pretty butterflies loving the coneflowers....seeing them always makes me happy:girlsigh:
Last but not least, I'm guessing this is a male deer & perhaps the "husband of Bambizilla!" (??)...see his sweet little antlers (horns) We were in my hubby's "man cave" last night & when i looked out the window, there he was. We are next to protected farmland/corn fields so the deer love to hang out here:yes:
^I'm relieved that the koi are all ok. I do love those flowers that remind me of baby's breath.

Noooooo beetle! Your roses are gorgeous. Don't you wish bugs would eat the weeds? The pic of the butterfly on the coneflower is stunning. Those flowers are amazing.

I think you're right because that deer looks very proud. Your house is in a great spot.

OMG how could i forget....i got this drink yesterday & though of all you fabulous Frimmettes & I did a salute to you all! This is from Panera Bread (in case you have 1 near you) it's 1 of their seasonal iced teas. I forget the exact name but it's something like "Berry Hibiscus" tea.....i was tempted to cross out "hibiscus" & write "FRIMMY" on the actual drink stand! It was very yummy/refreshing & no calories!
^yum! That is very refreshing.

Anyways, I saw this charming stone bench covered in flowers (clematis?) and it was charming so I took a picture for the Frimmettes. Here are a few garden themed pictures for you. :flowers::drinks:
^thank you for thinking of us & sharing pics while you're on your trip. They're fantastic! I hope you're having fun.

HAHAHA:lol::lol::lol:that's so funny!! Mr Bambi/Bambizilla was strutting his stuff all alone in that field! Your pics are amazing as usual. Looks like you had an absolutely STELLAR, well-deserved birthday trip! Yay you & Mr. Dawn!:drinks::drinks:

^I'm relieved that the koi are all ok. I do love those flowers that remind me of baby's breath.

Noooooo beetle! Your roses are gorgeous. Don't you wish bugs would eat the weeds? The pic of the butterfly on the coneflower is stunning. Those flowers are amazing.

I think you're right because that deer looks very proud. Your house is in a great spot.

^yum! That is very refreshing.

^thank you for thinking of us & sharing pics while you're on your trip. They're fantastic! I hope you're having fun.

Thank you dear @frick&frack @Kendie26

I enjoyed myself immensely.

I'm now immensely sad that my mini excursion is over.

Sadness all around really because Mr Dawn is away tonight on business :crybaby::crybaby: And Kiri my indoor bougainvillea is drooping :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: She perked up when we gave her a drink last night but she's still looking a bit unhappy. I gave her a bit more water tonight :frown: I hope she recovers...

ALL are STUNNING r&r! I would so love to have delicious wisteria....it's so elegant & yummy smelling! Also a big fan of dianthus! Oh & per your reply on your friends pond with snakes...eek!:eek: Kind of funny imagining them sunning by the pond. I'm thrilled we do not have any snakes here at our koi pond! I also took a bunch of butterfly pics over weekend & will post soon:loveeyes::wave:

@Kendie I never thought Wisteria smells nicely, even yummy powdery to my nose. I discovered this during the first blooming in April/May. I forgot to tell you all but she has a pretty scent. Yes, at first I never believed what I saw but it's true arghh!

:wave:Friends....warning = picture heavy!
Just got back inside from feeding koi at the pond. The big bad nasty Blue Heron was stalking them & flew off as he heard me walking towards pond. Luckily all 13 koi are accounted for. They really become like little outdoor pets for us. Here's a pic of those dainty white flowers w/ the koi in background. As i did weeding & cleanup this past weekend, i had to cut back a lot of the pond perimeter plants:crybaby:as it was looking very messy.
Next is my favorite color rose...like @Miss_Dawn pretty new birthday purse!! This one is in good shape BUT, look at the new flush of yellow roses....Japanese beetle is happy but the roses are not. This must be main reason why our roses have suffered this year.
Pretty butterflies loving the coneflowers....seeing them always makes me happy:girlsigh:
Last but not least, I'm guessing this is a male deer & perhaps the "husband of Bambizilla!" (??)...see his sweet little antlers (horns) We were in my hubby's "man cave" last night & when i looked out the window, there he was. We are next to protected farmland/corn fields so the deer love to hang out here:yes:

I hope Mr. Heron will never touche those lovely Kois. I can understand you get attached to your Kois, it's normal. I can't even understand myself getting attached to the bumblebees either. Bumblebees which I don't know if they are the same bees that come on a daily basis from very early in the morning 'til late at night lol It rained a lot these past few days. I discovered that bumblebees were stranded the night before, hanging on the lavender flowers. I felt so bad for them while it rained the whole day too. They looked scary when they're wet lol They do use the lavender plant as a hotel sometimes, with complete service free stay and food:nuts: They goes home most of the time, of course going home to Queen Bee :heart:

Nooo beetle!!! They're not good for the plants and flowers. We have an agressive kind of beetle last month. they ate most of the plants, leaves, flowers, nothing left except the stems. So keep an eye on your plants from time to time.

Beautiful pictures, those coneflowers and what a beautiful butterfly. Mr Bambizilla looks so proud looking around his property:P I do hope he'll stay put and will not cross over to your garden.

It's the Frimmy not a clematis. Beautiful big hibiscus tree, thanks for posting pictures from your trip. It's highly appreciated on here :yahoo:

^I'm so excited that you posted these! I was just talking to my mom & aunt at dinner about your garden & your wisteria specifically (mom loves it). Now I can show them your pics.

DH is such a sweetheart to get involved in your hobby. I don't know which I love more: the pink flowers or the silver foliage of your dianthus. Mr. Butterfly is quite elegant. We're so lucky you were able to get a pic of him. I tried to get pics of butterflies in my garden on Sunday, but they didn't stay still long enough.

Glad to hear your Mom loves seeing the wisteria blossom.. The color is darker this time than the first one.

Last edited:
:smooch: to you on above post dearest @roundandround ! Much to my shagrin, Mr. Heron showed up again last night at dawn/8PM....i looked out our bedroom window & BAM, there HE was....staring right at the koi...i banged on the window & he flew off. I hope this doesn't sound rude (because I did get nature & hierarchy etc) but my nickname for the blue heron/s is "BASTARD"...i scream it from the bottom of my lungs whenever i see them. I ran out to pond & counted all the koi as they were safe again. We've had other seasons when that hasn't been the case & it's truly just too sad for me.
Aw your bees & getting wet. They must look kind of funny & I'll have to pay attention more to them in the rain! :hugs:

@Kendie I never thought Wisteria smells nicely, even yummy powdery to my nose. I discovered this during the first blooming in. I forgot to tell you all but she has a pretty scent. Yes, at first I never believed what I saw but it's true arghh!

I hope Mr. Heron will never touche those lovely Kois. I can understand you get attached to your Kois, it's normal. I can't even understand myself getting attached to the bumblebees either. Bumblebees which I don't know if they are the same bees that come on a daily basis from very early in the morning 'til late at night lol It rained a lot these past few days. I discovered that bumblebees were stranded the night before, hanging on the lavender flowers. I felt so bad for them while it rained the whole day too. They looked scary when they're wet lol They do use the lavender plant as a hotel sometimes, with complete service free stay and food:nuts: They goes home most of the time, of course going home to Queen Bee :heart:

Nooo beetle!!! They're not good for the plants and flowers. We have an agressive kind of beetle last month. they ate most of the plants, leaves, flowers, nothing left except the stems. So keep an eye on your plants from time to time.

Beautiful pictures, those coneflowers and what a beautiful butterfly. Mr Bambizilla looks so proud looking around his property:P I do hope he'll stay put and will not cross over to your garden.

It's the Frimmy not a clematis. Beautiful big hibiscus tree, thanks for posting pictures from your trip. It's highly appreciated on here :yahoo:

Glad to hear your Mom loves seeing the wisteria blossom.. The color is darker this time than the first one.

Hahaha
I thought it was a Frimmy but then I thought "I have Frimmy on the mind all the time... I thought @MahoganyQT desert rose was a Frimmy until @Pessie @frick&frack set me straight... I won't say it looks like a Frimmy. And the stamen looks different..."

So instead I proffered that it may be a clematis...

And it was a Frimmy after all!!! :facepalm::rolleyes:

I'm so useless on my identification skills.

But please let me stay a Frimmette even if I'm useless. :drinks::hugs:

@Kendie I never thought Wisteria smells nicely, even yummy powdery to my nose. I discovered this during the first blooming in. I forgot to tell you all but she has a pretty scent. Yes, at first I never believed what I saw but it's true arghh!

@roundandround wisteria smells lovely before it starts to wilt :tup:

@Kendie26 very glad to hear that the kois are safe from Mr Heron :rolleyes: How are the Bambizillas?

Reactions: roundandround
@roundandround wisteria smells lovely before it starts to wilt :tup:

@Kendie26 very glad to hear that the kois are safe from Mr Heron :rolleyes: How are the Bambizillas?
:giggle:Too funny...have not seen mama Bambizilla or babies in a few days now:crybaby:. Hopefully they are happy & eating well somewhere or they are probably here eating when we arent' around! I did see only 1 Canadian goose yesterday at the park...it definitely had to be 1 of the parents of the sweet family w/ the "roundie 1 & 2" ducklings.....I've seen them daily but yesterday only 1 parent & no one else in sight. Made me sad but then i thought, hmmm....maybe the other parent is teaching the youngin's how to fly?!

Much to my shagrin, Mr. Heron showed up again last night at dawn/8PM....i looked out our bedroom window & BAM, there HE was....staring right at the koi...i banged on the window & he flew off. I hope this doesn't sound rude (because I did get nature & hierarchy etc) but my nickname for the blue heron/s is "BASTARD"...i scream it from the bottom of my lungs whenever i see them. I ran out to pond & counted all the koi as they were safe again. We've had other seasons when that hasn't been the case & it's truly just too sad for me.
^this just makes me love you more! You're my kind of girl :hugs: [emoji8]

Hahaha
I thought it was a Frimmy but then I thought "I have Frimmy on the mind all the time... I thought @MahoganyQT desert rose was a Frimmy until @Pessie @frick&frack set me straight... I won't say it looks like a Frimmy. And the stamen looks different..."

So instead I proffered that it may be a clematis...

And it was a Frimmy after all!!! :facepalm::rolleyes:

I'm so useless on my identification skills.

But please let me stay a Frimmette even if I'm useless. :drinks::hugs:
^ok, I hesitated saying this in reply to your original post. That's a mallow, possibly a Rose of Sharon. They are in the same family as hibiscus. Hibiscus are tropical plants, so they could only survive in a greenhouse in France. I decided against posting this earlier because it really doesn't matter, I don't like feeling like I'm correcting people, & I didn't want to confuse the issue. Now I feel compelled to set the record straight that it is definitely a Frimmy, a EUROPEAN Frimmy as we decided when R&R posted hers.

So OF COURSE you're still a Frimette! You found a French Frimmy. [emoji175]

There are a bajillion plants that I can't identify. Mom & I were trying to name 2 that we saw while driving around doing our errands today. However, I do love mallows & tried to grow them here years ago (failed, wrong zone). I did some research at the time, & along with someone posting a Rose of Sharon on this thread a few months ago that I also googled, I've gotten it all straightened out in my head now. Just sharing some hard-earned knowledge to save you time. [emoji259]

:giggle:Too funny...have not seen mama Bambizilla or babies in a few days now:crybaby:. Hopefully they are happy & eating well somewhere or they are probably here eating when we arent' around! I did see only 1 Canadian goose yesterday at the park...it definitely had to be 1 of the parents of the sweet family w/ the "roundie 1 & 2" ducklings.....I've seen them daily but yesterday only 1 parent & no one else in sight. Made me sad but then i thought, hmmm....maybe the other parent is teaching the youngin's how to fly?!
^my thoughts exactly

Just been missing all my garden friends! [emoji130][emoji130][emoji129]Added a couple of men emoji this time, as I think that they are silent participants! [emoji3] I am hoping to have some down time this weekend, so I hope to be able to contribute some photos.

@Miss_Dawn I'm pretty sure I wished you a Happy Birthday on your handbag thread, but if not, Happy Belated Birthday! [emoji512] [emoji632] [emoji322]

I have almost forgiven you for going to Paris without me. I guess I will just console myself by going to the beach. [emoji6]

^this just makes me love you more! You're my kind of girl :hugs: [emoji8]

^ok, I hesitated saying this in reply to your original post. That's a mallow, possibly a Rose of Sharon. They are in the same family as hibiscus. Hibiscus are tropical plants, so they could only survive in a greenhouse in France. I decided against posting this earlier because it really doesn't matter, I don't like feeling like I'm correcting people, & I didn't want to confuse the issue. Now I feel compelled to set the record straight that it is definitely a Frimmy, a EUROPEAN Frimmy as we decided when R&R posted hers.

So OF COURSE you're still a Frimette! You found a French Frimmy. [emoji175]

There are a bajillion plants that I can't identify. Mom & I were trying to name 2 that we saw while driving around doing our errands today. However, I do love mallows & tried to grow them here years ago (failed, wrong zone). I did some research at the time, & along with someone posting a Rose of Sharon on this thread a few months ago that I also googled, I've gotten it all straightened out in my head now. Just sharing some hard-earned knowledge to save you time. [emoji259]

^my thoughts exactly

Thank you for correcting me so kindly @frick&frack
You can be much more blunt! I'm a bit rubbish at identifying flowers.:hugs:
I thought @roundandround 's abutilon / indian mallow looked very different. I must go back and find her European Frimmy :drinks:

Just been missing all my garden friends! [emoji130][emoji130][emoji129]Added a couple of men emoji this time, as I think that they are silent participants! [emoji3] I am hoping to have some down time this weekend, so I hope to be able to contribute some photos.

@Miss_Dawn I'm pretty sure I wished you a Happy Birthday on your handbag thread, but if not, Happy Belated Birthday! [emoji512] [emoji632] [emoji322]

I have almost forgiven you for going to Paris without me. I guess I will just console myself by going to the beach. [emoji6]

Hahaha
Please still love me Queen @Mimmy!!
Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes everyone.

As I was away for my actual birthday, we had treats for the whole office (provided by my workplace) today. I feel thoroughly spoiled :hbeat:

I'm still worried about Kiri the bougainvillea. I think she's wilting :crybaby:

And I was so happy to finally have any bougainvillea.:frown:

On the positive side my hibiscus seems to be growing. I'll be amazed if it blooms. Flabbergasted. I mean honestly: proper Frimmy in England?! :eek:

I'm sure the Roundie family is fine, don't worry sweetie :rolleyes: