Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

@roundandround, OH WOW! Kamusta, kababayan! So happy to meet a fellow Filipina!!

I'm actually jealous of you ladies who can grow non-cacti. I have a bunch of non-cacti/succulents; and I struggle with them. I can't even get my bougainvilleas to take off... and I live in the Philippines for crying out loud. lol! Bougainvilleas are weeds over here and even the highway has prolific blooms! Mine look like awkward teens!! HAHA!

You need to cut off that fake flower, ha! Seriously. Use and exacto knife. Don't be afraid. If you cut off a tiny bit of the cactus, that's fine. Cover the "open wound" with cinnamon powder. It will be fine. It will grow faster and healthier without that fake flower. :smile: and you might even get a REAL bloom soon enough. Promise!

I'll scroll back and try to find the photo.

Those fake tiny flowers made me buy those cacti lol They're the only artificial flowers that I want to have. And I want them to stay the way they are, so cute:P

Such pretty pansies :hbeat: Yayyy for them coming back this year! And I love the smell of honeysuckle. Your garden is doing awesome, sweetie R&R :tup:

Thank you! Honeysuckle seems insect free this time but she suffered badly. The smell made me plant one. Pansies are one of the "love of my life":love:

:lol:Just wanted to say that i thought of ALL of you, my dear garden friends, as i spent about 3 & 1/2 hours out in the garden this morning. Did a massive weeding session & pruning/cleaning around koi pond. MY BACK IS BROKEN now:panic: I'm in agony from soreness. Damn I'm out of shape!! Bring on the Advil & ordering poor Mr. Kendie around as he needs to now wait on me the rest of the day!:lol:

I hope you feel better by now. Yes, garden work is not so easy as it seems. I know having a pond needs a lot of work, but it's worth it. Otherwise you'll get rid of it. Speaking of a pond, one of my friend in Germany has one. OMG, she posted on fb : snakes (whole family) were sunbathing on the side of the pool. I honestly said I won't like it because I don't like snakes :wtf::wtf::wtf: I really don't want to talk about it anymore lol

Thank Mr Kendie for the good services rendered.

^my darling pansies came back!!! [emoji7][emoji171] I can't believe the color would change so drastically. They're amazing little cuties.

How cool that you caught a hot air balloon in your pic! You must be having perfect summer weather. Your honeysuckle is looking great.

You'll love them evenmore when you know they're the mini pansies. They're so darn cute when you see their sweet little faces :love::hbeat:I'm more attracted to the minis esp. the tricolor ones. So adorable.

Hot air balloons are a pretty common sight above my head during summer around here. I can even hear the gas burners, they don't fly so high most of the time.

Reactions: roundandround
I'm so behind posting more garden goodies ladies, sorry about that:P

Scarce Westeria blooms (second time blooming).

View attachment 3774395

The lonely yellow Daisy planted by the eversweet DH:love:

View attachment 3774397

Pink Dianthus

View attachment 3774399

Still a beautiful sight, this simple looking butterfly :love::hbeat:

View attachment 3774405
ALL are STUNNING r&r! I would so love to have delicious wisteria....it's so elegant & yummy smelling! Also a big fan of dianthus! Oh & per your reply on your friends pond with snakes...eek!:eek: Kind of funny imagining them sunning by the pond. I'm thrilled we do not have any snakes here at our koi pond! I also took a bunch of butterfly pics over weekend & will post soon:loveeyes::wave:

:wave:Friends....warning = picture heavy!
Just got back inside from feeding koi at the pond. The big bad nasty Blue Heron was stalking them & flew off as he heard me walking towards pond. Luckily all 13 koi are accounted for. They really become like little outdoor pets for us. Here's a pic of those dainty white flowers w/ the koi in background. As i did weeding & cleanup this past weekend, i had to cut back a lot of the pond perimeter plants:crybaby:as it was looking very messy.
Next is my favorite color rose...like @Miss_Dawn pretty new birthday purse!! This one is in good shape BUT, look at the new flush of yellow roses....Japanese beetle is happy but the roses are not. This must be main reason why our roses have suffered this year.
Pretty butterflies loving the coneflowers....seeing them always makes me happy:girlsigh:
Last but not least, I'm guessing this is a male deer & perhaps the "husband of Bambizilla!" (??)...see his sweet little antlers (horns) We were in my hubby's "man cave" last night & when i looked out the window, there he was. We are next to protected farmland/corn fields so the deer love to hang out here:yes:

Attachments

• IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4309.JPG
    IMG_4309.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4384.JPG
    IMG_4384.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4385.JPG
    IMG_4385.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4386.JPG
    IMG_4386.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4387.JPG
    IMG_4387.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 56
OMG how could i forget....i got this drink yesterday & though of all you fabulous Frimmettes & I did a salute to you all! This is from Panera Bread (in case you have 1 near you) it's 1 of their seasonal iced teas. I forget the exact name but it's something like "Berry Hibiscus" tea.....i was tempted to cross out "hibiscus" & write "FRIMMY" on the actual drink stand! It was very yummy/refreshing & no calories!

Attachments

• IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 49
Pretty Bromellias on the first picture. I'm almost sure that it's the Birds of Paradise on the second, they pretty too!

Your granny is a skilful gardener. YAY for granny's fab garden!

Yes, she's a natural green thumb. The soil in her yard is magical. Thanks for identifying the first flower. Yes, the second picture is of Birds of Paradise, one of the few flowers I can readily identify. She doesn't know the names of most of them either. She usually takes cuttings from plants owned by friends and family, pops them in the ground and they grow like crazy.

:wave:Friends....warning = picture heavy!
Just got back inside from feeding koi at the pond. The big bad nasty Blue Heron was stalking them & flew off as he heard me walking towards pond. Luckily all 13 koi are accounted for. They really become like little outdoor pets for us. Here's a pic of those dainty white flowers w/ the koi in background. As i did weeding & cleanup this past weekend, i had to cut back a lot of the pond perimeter plants:crybaby:as it was looking very messy.
Next is my favorite color rose...like @Miss_Dawn pretty new birthday purse!! This one is in good shape BUT, look at the new flush of yellow roses....Japanese beetle is happy but the roses are not. This must be main reason why our roses have suffered this year.
Pretty butterflies loving the coneflowers....seeing them always makes me happy:girlsigh:
Last but not least, I'm guessing this is a male deer & perhaps the "husband of Bambizilla!" (??)...see his sweet little antlers (horns) We were in my hubby's "man cave" last night & when i looked out the window, there he was. We are next to protected farmland/corn fields so the deer love to hang out here:yes:
Your garden is looking awesome @Kendie26

Look at those roses :tup: The pink one does match my "lipstick fuchsia" bag. LOL :giggle:

And Mr Bambizilla is playing it cool. Left the missus and twins at home and went for a wander! :graucho: